Don't Need No Stinking Glove

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I live in a very humid part of Louisiana. We're surrounded by water. The southern heat combined with all this water means we have lots of humidity.

I have slightly sweaty hands and have done the washing hands routine and light on the powder and then heavy on the powder. Nothing seemed to work. I tried the glove for a month and it just didn't work for me. I gave it up until John Schmidt told me, that it takes time to get used to the glove and to give it another try. On his encouragement, I decided I would wear it for 3 months no matter how poorly I played. After 3 months I got used to it and enjoyed the consistent smoothness with the glove. It allowed me to move the cue through my fingers with the same amount of pressure, rather than occasionally sticking in my fingers like the cue did when the humidity would get to my skin.

Now even with humidity and long grueling tournaments the cue still slides smoothly even if the glove gets damp.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know his secret now, JoeyA it is out now!!!

I live in a very humid part of Louisiana. We're surrounded by water. The southern heat combined with all this water means we have lots of humidity.

I have slightly sweaty hands and have done the washing hands routine and light on the powder and then heavy on the powder. Nothing seemed to work. I tried the glove for a month and it just didn't work for me. I gave it up until John Schmidt told me, that it takes time to get used to the glove and to give it another try. On his encouragement, I decided I would wear it for 3 months no matter how poorly I played. After 3 months I got used to it and enjoyed the consistent smoothness with the glove. It allowed me to move the cue through my fingers with the same amount of pressure, rather than occasionally sticking in my fingers like the cue did when the humidity would get to my skin.

Now even with humidity and long grueling tournaments the cue still slides smoothly even if the glove gets damp.

It's his glove!!!! Got it!! JoeyA's secret is his glove! I wonder if it is loaded? I watched JoeyA play tonight.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Pangit

Banned
Been wearing a glove since before there were GLOVES!

Had to fade all you homophobics and fashion freaks but I always had an easy time finding a game ;)

Go get choo a glove.

Now if I can gettem all wearing the magnetic chalk holders my mission wil be complete!

The best Pro players in the world play Snooker, in my opinion. The payout's are all U have to look at. It can often times be 100-200 thousand pounds...not dollars. U don't see that sort of money in pro "pool". The best Pro players seemingly migrate to where the money is... I've yet to see a decent Pro Snooker player wear a glove. Don't see many Pro Pool players chomping at the bit to play top level snooker players.

Play under the bright lights of the "Crucible". On that big assed table.

There are many former Snooker Player's, both men and women that have migrated to pool and done very well... Don't see many "Pool" players migrating to Snooker and doing well? Name me one that wears a glove?

Last edited:

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best Pro players in the world play Snooker, in my opinion. The payout's are all U have to look at. It can often times be 100-200 thousand pounds...not dollars. U don't see that sort of money in pro "pool". The best Pro players seemingly migrate to where the money is... I've yet to see a decent Pro Snooker player wear a glove. Don't see many Pro Pool players chomping at the bit to play top level snooker players.

There are many former Snooker Player's, both men and women that have migrated to pool and done very well... Don't see many "Pool" players migrating to Snooker and doing well? Name me one that wears a glove?

You're making wrong assumptions.

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finger Slides

+1 on these. As I've mentioned before, I used to were "regular" gloves, but found that the palm heel area would wear thin and get holes rending it unusable. Not a problem with Finer Slides.

I've had a couple people ask me what they are as they do look a little different, but they work!

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
I could never really understand why certain equipment are frowned upon in pool (Gloves, Jump) or anything new. I mean in Golf they try new things all the time. They always wear a glove and it doesn't look "gay" why not in pool. Although I prefer the feel without a glove there's just times where my hands really sweat alot and I got too too much powder in my hands. On a side note I really hate it when I see a pool table covered in so much chalk!

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member

I rarely see snooker players use a closed bridge. It happens but rare.