Hard Times
Sacramento, CA
916-332-8793
June 14 - 19, 2005
One Pocket $5,000 added $125 entry DE Race to 3 both sides Finals race to 5
9 Ball $10,000 added $125 entry DE Race to 9 Both sides Finals race to 11

RV Hookups

Men and Ladies Ring Games

Men's Ring Game $4000 winner take all ($600 buyin $400 added, 6 players)
Women's Ring Game $700 winner take all ($100 buyin $100 added, players)
Challenge Table

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Just wanted to bump this back up since the event starts tomorrow. Tom said that Buddy Hall was the only one who had signed up for the ring game as of about a week ago.

Anyone know who else might be showing up in Sac tomorrow?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Front-page news, Hard Times had a few mini tournaments already, two of which were won by Mark Haddad. Mark also came in 9th through 12th at the Reno Open.

http://azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=2796

Looks like Mark may be one tough contender in this upcoming tournament. I see that Jose Parica, Tony Chohan, and Mike Davis also won a mini tournament. I'm glad to see Maryland player Davis making a little expense money in California before the main event! ;)

I look forward to reading all about it. Keep us posted on the forum, when possible!

Picture of Mark Haddad and Keith at SBE earlier this year.

JAM

Attachments

• Keith and Mark Haddad at 05 SBE.JPG
    Keith and Mark Haddad at 05 SBE.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 376

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Marlon Malano

Another Philipine player with a GAME.

I watched him practice last nite and this guy has got one serious game.

From what I could tell, this is his first time in the States.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
bud green said:
Just wanted to bump this back up since the event starts tomorrow. Tom said that Buddy Hall was the only one who had signed up for the ring game as of about a week ago.

Anyone know who else might be showing up in Sac tomorrow?

Last nite there was a 'flurry' of signups;
I know I won't be able to remember all the names.... the brackets will be sent to Mike Howerton (AZ Billiards guru) this afternoon.

The mini tournaments were a blast... I ran 5 of them last nite without a problem we started at 730 and they were all over by 130am

Mark Griffin and Greg Sullivan are on vacation playing in the 1p and 9 ball events this week. Both look very relaxed and having tons of fun. Greg liked the race to 15 balls made in the 1Pkt matches.

Got a busy week ahead... will post and feed Mike info when possible.

Ike Runnels (from Chicago) is also playing in the one pocket.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Third Leg of a Three-Legged Road Trip!

As I recall, Hard Times was always the third leg on a three-legged road trip, beginning in Vegas at the BCA Open, then off to Reno, and ending up in Sacramento for the Hard Times Jamboree! :)

It looks like you have a full roster of topnotch players, guaranteeing an exciting competition. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite in this tournament. However, I gotta give Tony "T-Rex" Chohan a slight edge, being that this is his home pool room and knows the tables. :cool:

Where is that Omar young'n?! :p

JAM

Attachments

• Omar Keith and Tony.JPG
    Omar Keith and Tony.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 373

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
wakuljr said:
wheres Hemmah???

Dave will more than likely play in the 9 ball event... or maybe he'll be out east playing in the UPA events.

We'll post the brackets for the 9 ball event Friday nite.