Mike Gulyassy Cue

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picked this up today.

Pics are way too big, but I uploaded them from my phone and didn't have software to reduce them down.

This cue is 60 inches long and has one of the best leather wrap installations I've ever seen on a cue. It took me forever to find the seam and as soon as I turn it over in my hand, it takes forever to find it again..

I like the wood, but I don't know what kind it is. If anyone knows, please post a reply.

It came with a Gulyassy PHX shaft and I'm not sure what the ferrule is made of. It has some kind of "grain" look, but I don't think it is ivory.

It is really well balanced and has a G-10 pin.

I hit some with it today with a brand new milk dud on it, but I think I'll change it out for one of my usuals...a black Ultra-skin soft.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 972
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 944
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 956
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And some more.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 923
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 916
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 920
Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And last two.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 912
  • Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (8).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 924
Last edited:

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
Nice looking cue. Black and white ebony
is a good guess. I think I would agree.
Screenshot_2019-07-01-04-32-27.jpg

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the help.

I talked to Mike today and sent him some pictures and he said it was black and white ebony and the butt and shaft are his PHX line.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I changed the tip on this cue this week and played with it today and it played damn good. I didn't like the Milk Dud that was on it, so I replaced it with my favorite tip...Ultra-skin black soft.

This is the first Gulyassy cue I ever saw, so I had no idea how well it would play once I got it fixed up with a tip to my liking.

This cue will play lights out.

It has the super long Strickland Pro Taper, but it isn't "whippy" by any means. I think that may be because of the construction of the PHX shafts. They have a phonelic rod that runs from the tip, through the ferrule, all the way down to the joint.

The PHX butt has a phonelic rod that goes from the bottom of the G-10 pin all the way to the end of the butt. There is no metal or weight bolts in the cue.

It is a couple inches longer than my other cues (60 inches), but it didn't take me too long to get my bridge figured out and the extra length came in handy a few times.

I may keep this cue in my bag, along with my Becue...it may be another "keeper"

The only problem I have is that almost all of my cues are "keepers" and they keep on becoming more and more.

Anybody need to buy a cue? LOL.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I changed the tip on this cue this week and played with it today and it played damn good. I didn't like the Milk Dud that was on it, so I replaced it with my favorite tip...Ultra-skin black soft.

This is the first Gulyassy cue I ever saw, so I had no idea how well it would play once I got it fixed up with a tip to my liking.

This cue will play lights out.

It has the super long Strickland Pro Taper, but it isn't "whippy" by any means. I think that may be because of the construction of the PHX shafts. They have a phonelic rod that runs from the tip, through the ferrule, all the way down to the joint.

The PHX butt has a phonelic rod that goes from the bottom of the G-10 pin all the way to the end of the butt. There is no metal or weight bolts in the cue.

It is a couple inches longer than my other cues (60 inches), but it didn't take me too long to get my bridge figured out and the extra length came in handy a few times.

I may keep this cue in my bag, along with my Becue...it may be another "keeper"

The only problem I have is that almost all of my cues are "keepers" and they keep on becoming more and more.

Anybody need to buy a cue? LOL.
Are you sure it's a phenolic ROD?
Phenolic rods weigh a lot more that maple.
That's why I use carbon fiber tube for tenons on low end-mass shafts if requested.

Last edited: