Cue stolen at pool room - culprit found - what would you do?

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arrested - no question. Letting him off the hook isn't doing anyone any favors - including the thief.

Spot on. A police record would be a hard lesson, but letting him off sent him the wrong message.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since he got the cue back , forget it and move on. My father in law was a lawyer and said nobody wins if you go to court. Not worth the hassle, having the mess on your mind for a 6 months to a year. Will surely wreck your game :)
He'll steal again and get caught.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Not sure if the laws / police are the same every where but I had a friend have his cue stolen. The police caught them rather quickly cause they went to another pool room 20 miles away and were playing with their "new" cue. My friend didn't press charges cause the police told him if he did, they would have to keep his cue as evidence.

That being said, if you don't press charges I would have the thief come to the pool room and have him sit there for some public verbal shaming.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Slather him with peanut butter tben drop him off high in the hills to play with the bears...
He should at least be never to set foot on the properly/trespass him off the property.
If someone was caught stealing a cue from local poolroom, for their own safety they should be banned reguardless if they apologize or not..

Rob.M

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last week at my local pool room a Huebler cue was stolen and with security camera assistance they were able to see the young man, who by the way, appeared to be in his early to mid-20s, picking up the cue and slipping it under his jacket then leaving.

Because this thief was with a friend who paid with a credit card the police were able to track him down they contacted him and went and retrieved the stolen cue.

My friend whose cue it was decided not to press charges saying the guy was a young knucklehead and he is just happy to get his cue back.

I'm curious in a situation like this what my fellow AZ members would have done.

Have him arrested or cut him a break?

best,
brian kc

Hang a nice big pic at the poolroom titled " CUE THIEF CAUGHT "

bill

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Since he got the cue back , forget it and move on. My father in law was a lawyer and said nobody wins if you go to court. Not worth the hassle, having the mess on your mind for a 6 months to a year. Will surely wreck your game :)
He'll steal again and get caught.

I hope he steals your cue next time.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope he steals your cue next time.
The guy doesn't want to spend hours of his time over a period of weeks or months dealing with lawyers and a judge over a cue that he ended up getting back unscathed. Easy for you to lecture him.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way in hell I'd just "let it go". That's just the same as telling him to be more watchful for cameras next time.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arrest him. He needs to learn about consequences. He's in his twenties. Where's he been, under his mommy's skirt?

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
even if a production cue at 4 to 5 hundred for a lot of people is a lot of money, being on the losing end of that can sting. Find out what the D.A has to say they are going to have as much say in how much they want to spend punishing the perp as the person pressing charges, leave it them then let it go.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The one time someone grabbed one of my cues, very expensive, I hit the parking lot and took it from him just as he was putting it in his trunk.
I knew him and his brother, the kid was 17 so I chose to let it go.
An older kid like this guy might br a different story, but I tend to be more forgiving that most people.
I got yhe cue back, let him know I wasn't happy, but just let it go.
The environment he has grown up in isn't very good, and I think he learned an embarrassing lesson.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Main thing is you got it back KC. Stealing someones cue is real low and cheesy. Could have been an heirloom, passed down from parent or friend that passed or a custom you waited 10 years to get.

I like the idea of posting up his name and pic if possible with CUE THIEF across it in pool room(s) in area.

I never leave my Cues unattended - PERIOD

-Kat,

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Grab a still from the video and post his stinkin', thievin' mug up here, for the world to see.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Post the entire video.
That's been done a few times in the past and quite effective for trashing a thief

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well.....

I don't know the value of the cue or how old the thief is. I do know this after about 30 years of dealing with crooks, thieves, etc that was not the first time he stole some thing.

Letting some one off the hook is not always good for them. Learning to be accountable, honest, hard working and responsible is always good for them.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I agree. The bad thing about getting caught is you can say. You wash my car right now or I call the cops or something of that nature. He'll get a quick education in how vulnerable a thief is.

I don't know the value of the cue or how old the thief is. I do know this after about 30 years of dealing with crooks, thieves, etc that was not the first time he stole some thing.

Letting some one off the hook is not always good for them. Learning to be accountable, honest, hard working and responsible is always good for them.