CJ Wiley vs Dennis Orcollo

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
How do you know anything about a table being tight man . All you do is sit in a basement and handicap people . And if by a slim chance you do play then I want first dibs . Let's get some action going bud !

What exactly have you ever contributed to the sport? This post makes you sound like a total douche bag. Mike is a huge asset to the pool, he needs to prove himself to no one, especially you!

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly have you ever contributed to the sport? This post makes you sound like a total douche bag. Mike is a huge asset to the pool, he needs to prove himself to no one, especially you!

Just sounds like old fashion woofing to me!

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was table side last night and the table was very difficult. Very tight pockets and a bit slow. Both players needing big strokes to go 3-4 rails for position. Tight pockets were a problem for Dennis early in the match and CJ later. CJ made a lot more mistakes than Dennis as we might expect. Lots of dry breaks and lot's of safety play. It looked to me that fatigue set in on CJ late in the match and Dennis looks as fresh as he did at 7:00pm. Legends did a nice job hosting the match but I heard the commentary on SullyVision was sub-par.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I was table side last night and the table was very difficult. Very tight pockets and a bit slow. Both players needing big strokes to go 3-4 rails for position. Tight pockets were a problem for Dennis early in the match and CJ later. CJ made a lot more mistakes than Dennis as we might expect. Lots of dry breaks and lot's of safety play. It looked to me that fatigue set in on CJ late in the match and Dennis looks as fresh as he did at 7:00pm. Legends did a nice job hosting the match but I heard the commentary on SullyVision was sub-par.

Who picked the venue and table ?
The table was brutal.
3 7/8" corners in a damp pool place should be illegal.

The commentary was brutal. One drunk dude got the mic and he was taken out, but he was still fighting in the background.
Only saw a few middle and late games.
CJ missed a lot of easy out and key balls .
His two stroke style did not bode well for that kind of table .

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
How do you know anything about a table being tight man . All you do is sit in a basement and handicap people . And if by a slim chance you do play then I want first dibs . Let's get some action going bud !
I'm pretty sure Mike knows more about just about everything than you do. Probably plays better too (pretty sporty).

But don't let me interfere with you sitting in your basement handicapping him...

pj
chgo

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Are you implying he would have got more than 18 on a more standard table?

grasshopper, get in action and you'll secure the knowledge you seek

How much was the spot in play?

D "KNEW" he was giving up weight after the first couple of games and the weight came into play more than he thought it would

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, thank you. Word is you do a poor job making friends on your way to motocross races

I'll just stick to my basement --my mother's basement that is. I'm usually there when I'm not in the basement of the science building...

Attachments

• tb.png
    tb.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 599

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, thank you. Word is you do a poor job making friends on your way to motocross races

I'll just stick to my basement --my mother's basement that is. I'm usually there when I'm not in the basement of the science building...

Dammit. I knew that dr. Dave was gonna be trouble.

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who picked the venue and table ?
The table was brutal.
3 7/8" corners in a damp pool place should be illegal.

The commentary was brutal. One drunk dude got the mic and he was taken out, but he was still fighting in the background.
Only saw a few middle and late games.
CJ missed a lot of easy out and key balls .
His two stroke style did not bode well for that kind of table .

Not sure who pitched the table but it is the tightest one in that pool hall. The match and venue were set up by Sully (SullyVision).

CJ made a lot of position mistakes and missed shots he should not have that were not tight pocket related. Dennis was not at his best either and that could have had something to do with frustration about the table.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Garden level pool rooms are the best....:thumbup:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure who pitched the table but it is the tightest one in that pool hall. The match and venue were set up by Sully (SullyVision).

CJ made a lot of position mistakes and missed shots he should not have that were not tight pocket related. Dennis was not at his best either and that could have had something to do with frustration about the table.
Yet it's still went pretty much as was expected

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of folks are saying CJ didn't do very well considering he had a big spot.

Well, as most on here know, at CJ's level of play the 7 is not a huge spot since he is "suppose" to get out from the 7.

Also, at Dennis's level of play "beast X1000", the 7, again, is not a huge spot for him to give "ANYONE" that has not regularly competed at the highest levels for several years no matter who they are.

Like most on here know and some I'm sure have mentioned, what made it possible for CJ to stay with and actually get ahead of Dennis early in the match was the fact that the table conditions was, to say the least, way different than Dennis is use to.

It just proves that if equipment is set up a certain way, lol... even the biggest of beast struggle.

Personally, I think CJ played extremely well considering he was playing Dennis O with just the 7.

Also, a lot of people seem to think the "call 7" is bigger than it is. Anyone that thinks the "call anything" is a strong spot playing Dennis O needs to either get more experience or....... join the pros cause there are several players considered to be pros that can't beat him with "call 7".

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Lots of folks are saying CJ didn't do very well considering he had a big spot.

Well, as most on here know, at CJ's level of play the 7 is not a huge spot since he is "suppose" to get out from the 7.

Also, at Dennis's level of play "beast X1000", the 7, again, is not a huge spot for him to give "ANYONE" that has not regularly competed at the highest levels for several years no matter who they are.

Like most on here know and some I'm sure have mentioned, what made it possible for CJ to stay with and actually get ahead of Dennis early in the match was the fact that the table conditions was, to say the least, way different than Dennis is use to.

It just proves that if equipment is set up a certain way, lol... even the biggest of beast struggle.

Personally, I think CJ played extremely well considering he was playing Dennis O with just the 7.

Also, a lot of people seem to think the "call 7" is bigger than it is. Anyone that thinks the "call anything" is a strong spot playing Dennis O needs to either get more experience or....... join the pros cause there are several players considered to be pros that can't beat him with "call 7".

The first 9 games, CJ won 7-2. From there, DO won 23-11 games. Sounds about right when a strong pro matches up against a world top 5.

Eric

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ plays 1/10 the pool that DO plays now days. Also, when he does play, it isn't with players that are the caliber that DO is playing.

You have to expect CJ to miss more and make more errors.