SVB vs. world #1 Thorsten Hohmann LIVE @ 11am PST

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Thorsten had a wide open layout to get it to 7-7 and hit the cueball by accident with his practice stroke. Don't remember seeing a pro do that. 8-6 Shane on the hill.

banditgrrr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cotton starts telling stories and loud music starts playing over him.

That's about as annoying as it can get. The music is coming on between racks which is when they've typically been giving score updates on the 2nd table.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup: They just announced that Warren Kiamco has defeated Ko Pin Yi with a score of 9 to 5.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane wins. Dennis vs. Chang next on the stream, Appleton vs. dechaine on the other table (which I'd rather see).

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
3 oclock Efren

Shane wins. Dennis vs. Chang next on the stream, Appleton vs. dechaine on the other table (which I'd rather see).

The 3pm PST stream is going to be Efren Reyes Vs Pin Chung Ko, Pin Yi's younger brother. He is supposed to be better than Pin Yi that beat shane last night!!!!

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am glad they chose to stream this Orcullo vs Chang match over the other one. Who do you think will win? Any predictions?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thorsten had a wide open layout to get it to 7-7 and hit the cueball by accident with his practice stroke. Don't remember seeing a pro do that. 8-6 Shane on the hill.

Yeah you've got to feel for him. I was rooting for him to win after that. It probably cost him the match.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, warren beat Ko Pin Yi.... surprising

Any of the 16 players can beat each other in race to 9. Kiamco was also runner up in recent hard time 10 ball. I will not be surprised if the tourney champ is not favorite 10 ball players like Shane or Ko. Probably champ will be unexpected players like Kiamco, Morra, Kevin Cheng, Little Ko.

I am glad they chose to stream this Orcullo vs Chang match over the other one. Who do you think will win? Any predictions?
Read that in money games , Chang is ahead in head to head record vs Orcullo
But in tourney races like this it is anyone's game - plus they both will be very familiar with each others game since they are both stablemates at Bugsy.
I would give edge to Orcullo since he is more seasoned in US. And they are also playing the 9 ball challenge race to 21 later in the week. Somehow the draw is drawing these challenge match players together in group matches also much like Shane and Ko
:D

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The AZB money list isn't the be all,end all some make it out to be. For one thing, not all tournaments get entered. Second, it includes challenge matches like TAR, where only a select few get invited to play, and it's 1-on-1.

There really isn't a definitive world ranking , AZB is as credible as a British guy in an apartment in Qatar , or wherever the WPA is located. Anybody could create a criteria for a ranking and say that theirs trumps everyone's .

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dennis up on chang 5-2

mike deshaine up 6-5 over dazz

Last edited: