Pool hall w/most overall tables

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, but billiards players are more on the level than pool players.
Maybe on average but the extremes are similar.:wink:

Because carom tables have faster cloth they have to be more level or the players would scream. On a pool table, you can reduce the roll-offs by using slower cloth -- the ball stops before it has time to curve.

My experience with tournament tables is different than the comment above. Since Diamond started being the major supplier with their one-piece slates, tables have been very level.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I think Hump owned it, the same one that wrote The Green Felt Jungle. He used to post on here, haven't noticed him posting in awhile. Don't know if he is dead or just gone from here. Maybe I just haven't noticed his posts too.

Hu
Gerald Huber (GreenFeltguy) hasn't been on the site for two years. Here's the book:

GreenFelt.jpg

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember seeing an article about Fargo Billiards, I seem to recall it had a large number of tables...probably not gonna eclipse the room with 200 that Hu was mentioning, but it would be in line with the others. if memory serves.

Fargo is a good size place. I would be surprised if they
had 40 though.

Edit- website says 34

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Romine's Facebook actually says that they have 51 tables. So I assume that 51 is the accurate number. I actually played my first leagues there probably 20 years ago.

Could be. Been a long time. I did however have the best damned pastrami sandwhich ever down at The Irish Fest one year. Small place just across the street from the festival..

Either way at Romine's 45 or 51. Damn that's a lot of balls.. YOWZA!