When Another Ball Is Close - Question

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don't pull that 'poor me' stuff here. It doesn't work. Comparing yourself to Tiger Woods in any way at all is utterly ridiculous. It means you're totally lost in your impression of yourself --- hence my opinion of you being lost in the woods. You are. You have proven that about yourself over and over in your constant posts where you ask, "Why can't I make this shot?" --- and then going on to systematically ignore the great advice you've gotten here as to why. How do I know you're ignoring the advice? Easy. It's reflected in the multitudes of questions you ask that overlap each other. When you would ask a question, everyone here would respond with sincerity, including myself, to your answers. But you systematically ignore them and just move on to the next question. Are you really looking for help? Maybe you think you are, but your posts sure don't reflect that. After awhile, people get tired of wasting their time giving you the same advice over and over.
^^^^^^^^^^^ what Fran said

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Ok, I'll try. I'm no instructor here, or anywhere... but if your cue is going to either side during your stroke, you must be punch stroking and not following through. Try to focus on making the cue tip touch or almost touch the cloth behind the cue ball (unless it's a close up draw shot of course) after the shot and see if that helps.

Ok. I tried.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://pad-v1.chalkysticks.com/eea0e.png

Ok folks. I had this shot earlier today. I wanted to stop/stun the CB on the 1B and hold it there for the 2B. Notice how close the 6B is to the CB. I hit it with stun and my cue hit the 6B. I set it up and shot it again and once again I hit the 6B with the cue.

Then I tried it with draw. Dont ask.

When I tried it with follow I did not hit the 6B with the cue.

So, Instructors or knowledgable posters, what does this tell you?

ATTENTION - PLEASE DONT MAKE ANY STUPID, INSULTING, DISPARAGING COMMENTS HERE. IF YOU WANT TO DO SO JUST STOP. DON'T. JUST DONT DO IT. PLEASE. JUST ONE TIME I'D LIKE TO HAVE A DECENT DISCUSSION. JUST STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD. JUST THIS ONE TIME. PLEASE.

r/DCP

I think you asked an excellent and precise question. If you send a private video message of frontal and rear views of the shot, I will be happy to give you a private opinion without disparaging remarks. Folks learn in various ways...let's take a look.

About 60 years ago I tried to impress a professional horseman with my horse knowledge by continually pointing out defective confirmation traits of each in a group of horses. Finally he looked at me and said..."Joe, I'll know when you are a real horseman when you can tell me what's correct about the horse...not what's wrong". 'Nuff said?

dquarasr

Registered
These are the types of responses that caused me a few weeks back to describe this site as elitist and exclusive and vow to stay away. I have since reconsidered (at the behest of many quality posters here, thank for them), and have re-engaged. My problem with these kinds of responses boils down to this: this is the "ask the instructors" page. People ask. But many of the responses seem to gravitate towards "get an instructor".

I do not know this history of the OP on this thread. But judging from only this thread, this is what I am perceiving.

I am on many automobile forums, and yes, we get the same questions over and over and over and sometimes even by the same people. Yet we respectfully refer them to previous responses or advise them how to search, or even answer their questions outright - again; most professional mechanics provide solid informational responses, rarely responding "bring it in to a repair shop", which is analogous to the responses I see here.

dquarasr

Registered
After I posted my response above, I saw this from Fran. OK, I might understand better now.

Don't pull that 'poor me' stuff here. It doesn't work. Comparing yourself to Tiger Woods in any way at all is utterly ridiculous. It means you're totally lost in your impression of yourself --- hence my opinion of you being lost in the woods. You are. You have proven that about yourself over and over in your constant posts where you ask, "Why can't I make this shot?" --- and then going on to systematically ignore the great advice you've gotten here as to why. How do I know you're ignoring the advice? Easy. It's reflected in the multitudes of questions you ask that overlap each other. When you would ask a question, everyone here would respond with sincerity, including myself. But you systematically ignore the advice and just move on to the next question. Are you really looking for help? Do you even try to figure anything out on your own? Who do you think we are --- your personal valets who are supposed to help you button your shirt buttons? That's how you're acting here. Get a grip. Figure some stuff out for yourself and ask questions when you really need help. We'll be here for you when that time comes.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After I posted my response above, I saw this from Fran. OK, I might understand better now.

dquarasr,

I see you are fairly new, only 56 posts. Dont let others on this Forum sway your opinion. There is a ton of bashing, insulting, ridiculing, etc, etc, on this Forum. It has caused people to just leave. Its like a bandwagon - when someone starts it others jump on.

Make up your own mind. If you have questions send a PM to that person before you listen to someone else who is trashing another poster.

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't pull that 'poor me' stuff here. It doesn't work. Comparing yourself to Tiger Woods in any way at all is utterly ridiculous. It means you're totally lost in your impression of yourself --- hence my opinion of you being lost in the woods. You are. You have proven that about yourself over and over in your constant posts where you ask, "Why can't I make this shot?" --- and then going on to systematically ignore the great advice you've gotten here as to why. How do I know you're ignoring the advice? Easy. It's reflected in the multitudes of questions you ask that overlap each other. When you would ask a question, everyone here would respond with sincerity, including myself. But you systematically ignore the advice and just move on to the next question. Are you really looking for help? Do you even try to figure anything out on your own? Who do you think we are --- your personal valets who are supposed to help you button your shirt buttons? That's how you're acting here. Get a grip. Figure some stuff out for yourself and ask questions when you really need help. We'll be here for you when that time comes.

When did I compare myself to Woods, Brady, or James? I just pointed out facts.

And who says I ignore advice? Granted I ignore alot of stuff on here because 75% or more of it is just ridiculous.

And may I ask Fran - who pi$$ed in your Wheaties lately? Was it Scott Lee again?

I value your thoughts and advice Fran. Most others I dont. We actually spoke once, years ago, at the WPBA event over in Peoria, Illinois. I remember it, but i am sure it was completely forgettable for you..:)

r/DCP

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
These are the types of responses that caused me a few weeks back to describe this site as elitist and exclusive and vow to stay away. I have since reconsidered (at the behest of many quality posters here, thank for them), and have re-engaged. My problem with these kinds of responses boils down to this: this is the "ask the instructors" page. People ask. But many of the responses seem to gravitate towards "get an instructor".

I do not know this history of the OP on this thread. But judging from only this thread, this is what I am perceiving.

I am on many automobile forums, and yes, we get the same questions over and over and over and sometimes even by the same people. Yet we respectfully refer them to previous responses or advise them how to search, or even answer their questions outright - again; most professional mechanics provide solid informational responses, rarely responding "bring it in to a repair shop", which is analogous to the responses I see here.

I give you a big thumbs up on this post! :thumbup:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fifty two years ago it's reported that President Johnson said about the Vietnam War, "if I've lost Cronkite, I've lost middle America"

Well if you've lost Fran Chimi, you've lost all instruction.

Just how many top tier instructors will you ignore or argue with when they go out of their way to give you free information.

Time is money, they spend a lot of time answering your questions over and over. Do you thank them? Answer, NO.

It's true there's more than one way to skin a cat. There's more than one way to stroke a ball. What amazed me is so many instructors are giving you the same answer and only differ in the words used to describe the action.

Good luck in finding an instructor who will agree with you.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fifty two years ago it's reported that President Johnson said about the Vietnam War, "if I've lost Cronkite, I've lost middle America"

Well if you've lost Fran Chimi, you've lost all instruction. Who is Fran Chimi? You cant even spell her name right

Just how many top tier instructors will you ignore or argue with when they go out of their way to give you free information. Who said I ignore and argue with them? This has been said many times on here and its completely wrong. Anyway, 75% of instruction on here is ridiculous anyway.

Time is money, they spend a lot of time answering your questions over and over. Do you thank them? Answer, NO. Who said I dont thank them?

It's true there's more than one way to skin a cat. There's more than one way to stroke a ball. What amazed me is so many instructors are giving you the same answer and only differ in the words used to describe the action. And alot of it is ridiculous stuff that other instructors shake their heads at.

Good luck in finding an instructor who will agree with you.

Well, here's my response Buzzard. Looks like you've jumped on the bandwagon too.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

If you knew enough to judge that you wouldn't be posting inane questions every day.

Maybe you should find a forum that meets your high standards so you don't have to deal with AzB know-nothings.

pj
chgo

in an effort to help balance the scales of appreciation
I'd like to take this time to say thanks to all those here
who are not just knowledgeable
but are generous, and kind with theirs
it doesn't have to be that way
and I'm grateful for it

to DCP-
don't let anybody get you down (including yourself)
you know there's good and bad here, and everywhere
I know it's not always easy..I've had run-ins and run-ons
but try and see the bigger picture- why are you here?
and take it all with a grain of chalk
life's too short and pool's too much fun:grin:
take care pal-

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
DCP is a serious student of the game, with good-looking fundamentals. He is very focused--but that kind of personality does not deserve abuse (nor does any kind of person).

Those being rude to him on this thread would get more flies with honey. Perhaps if you were civil to him he would frame his questions differently.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
DCP is a serious student of the game, with good-looking fundamentals. He is very focused--but that kind of personality does not deserve abuse (nor does any kind of person).

Those being rude to him on this thread would get more flies with honey. Perhaps if you were civil to him he would frame his questions differently.

Or maybe people have tried to help, not been listened to, and know it is pointless?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or maybe people have tried to help, not been listened to, and know it is pointless?

People have made this comment for years. My response has been the same for years - I ALWAYS listen. However, I dont always agree. Like i said, 75% of the instruction on AZB isnt worth much anyway.

Thanks for the kind words Matt.

r/DCP

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you asked an excellent and precise question. If you send a private video message of frontal and rear views of the shot, I will be happy to give you a private opinion without disparaging remarks. Folks learn in various ways...let's take a look.

About 60 years ago I tried to impress a professional horseman with my horse knowledge by continually pointing out defective confirmation traits of each in a group of horses. Finally he looked at me and said..."Joe, I'll know when you are a real horseman when you can tell me what's correct about the horse...not what's wrong". 'Nuff said?

Have you considered sending a video to me?