AZB members in pool videos

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So outside of SJM who seems to somehow show up in more pool matches than the actual players :D which videos out there show you sitting at a match? Accu-Stats videos, online streams, etc... I have a bunch of Accu-Stats matches to find you in :)

The one time I may have been on video in the audience was in a Challenge of Champions at Mohegan Sun (pretty sure ESPN was there for it) but I've never been able to find the match of that year to see if I was on camera at all.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So outside of SJM who seems to somehow show up in more pool matches than the actual players :D which videos out there show you sitting at a match? Accu-Stats videos, online streams, etc... I have a bunch of Accu-Stats matches to find you in :)

The one time I may have been on video in the audience was in a Challenge of Champions at Mohegan Sun (pretty sure ESPN was there for it) but I've never been able to find the match of that year to see if I was on camera at all.
I was doing a lot of sitting in a match with Thorsten Hohmann. Does that count?

Well, not that much sitting. He ran 100-and-out in about 24 minutes.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
S ... which videos out there show you sitting at a match? ...
I was just thinking about this last week while I was watching a match. Maybe have a contest to identify people in the audience. I'm sure there are a lot of AZBers I couldn't recognize by face. There are often a lot of non-AZB notables on the rail. I forget which video it was, but the crowd seemed packed with familiar faces, either people I knew or people who seem to be at every tournament.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM is in so many pool videos he deserves a
credit at the end of each one. The man is
putting in some serious work.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking about this last week while I was watching a match. Maybe have a contest to identify people in the audience. I'm sure there are a lot of AZBers I couldn't recognize by face. There are often a lot of non-AZB notables on the rail. I forget which video it was, but the crowd seemed packed with familiar faces, either people I knew or people who seem to be at every tournament.

That's exactly what I was after, I'm sure we know people in the audience but I don't know who is who. If someone knows they are in a video, point yourself out :thumbup:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never wanted to take a seat facing the camera but i still managed to get in a few, usually the DCC. I actually got in the Efren/Earl final from the US Open (I'm told) when they panned the crowd before they even had an 'arena'. Won't be in any more. Im done traveling. Watching the streams from my own bedroom, for me is like 1000% better.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I think 3 TAR matches ... First one was Earl/Shane in the studio. Darren/Shane, and one other. It's all a fog now.
A couple of US Opens (10-ball/1P) in Vegas
A few snooker tournaments when I was living overseas.
Some podcasts here and there

Haven't been to any Accustats. Might have to try that for 2022.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is not even a close 2nd.
SJM by a million miles.

That's why I disqualified him LOL I don't even want to know his travel budget. No one so far has pointed to a video and said "that's me in the ugly yellow shirt and orange tie in 3rd row".

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've been to a few of the MIH events from AccuStats, sitting close to Stu because that's where I've met and chatted with him. Couldn't give you exact matches honestly.