Pool hall w/most overall tables

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I remember maybe Chris NC had a place with a lot of tables.

This got me wondering what is currently the place with the most overall tables (bar box, 3C, 9ft, snooker) in North America?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This got me wondering what is currently the place with the most overall tables (bar box, 3C, 9ft, snooker) in North America?
QMasters has 70 in 25,000sq/ft.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
QMasters has 70 in 25,000sq/ft.
Even more - 73 according to their website.

Q-Master Billiards: Billiard Room | Virginia Beachwww.q-masters.com
Located in VA Beach, VA | We are Americas largest Poolhall | All 73 tables have Simonis 860 cloth. | Bar Box & 9' tables | Smoking & Non-Smoking available.

pj
chgo

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

You may have been thinking of Chandley's Chalk & Cue somewhere in NC that we were all seeing come together in grand fashion. The owner (Mike Chandley) was setting it up for his daughter to run; iirc he had a successful long-time room in Ohio prior to this endeavor. I forget how many tables but it was a lot and they had a huge bar and when it was ready to open we got to see a drone video of the place and it was truly impressive.

Unfortunately, it went out of biz rather fast; what a shame after such a monumental effort.

There was a thread here about it, will see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here's the thread with the drone video:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?414303&p=5401877#post5401877

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Long Gone

Racketeers in New Orleans had a couple acres of tables, I think around 200 nine footers. When I went in things were old and ratty but still the most pool tables I have ever seen in one place. They started a trophy pool tournament every hour for those that wanted a piece of chrome.

I think Hump owned it, the same one that wrote The Green Felt Jungle. He used to post on here, haven't noticed him posting in awhile. Don't know if he is dead or just gone from here. Maybe I just haven't noticed his posts too.

Hu

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
300 is the fastest Simonis. Level is level, why should a billiard table be any different?

Just seems that pool tables always have some kind of lean or drift; even major tournament tables I see on youtube. Might explain while I've only come across two prepped with the lightning stuff. Amazing stuff to play on.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I remember seeing an article about Fargo Billiards, I seem to recall it had a large number of tables...probably not gonna eclipse the room with 200 that Hu was mentioning, but it would be in line with the others. if memory serves.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just seems that pool tables always have some kind of lean or drift; even major tournament tables I see on youtube. Might explain while I've only come across two prepped with the lightning stuff. Amazing stuff to play on.
300 is waaay too fast for pool. 760 is their fast pool cloth. I personally don't like it. I prefer 860 or better yet 860HR.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
300 is waaay too fast for pool. 760 is their fast pool cloth. I personally don't like it. I prefer 860 or better yet 860HR.

Yeah must be the Granito variant of 760 I played on. I loved it. I think I could get used to 300. Precision angle etc... If you could get the slate flat enough.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah must be the Granito variant of 760 I played on. I loved it. I think I could get used to 300. Precision angle etc... If you could get the slate flat enough.
3cushion cloth is too fast for pool. 760 is ok for straight pool and maybe 1p but its too fast for most rotation games. That's why they came out with 860 in the first place. No one liked 760 for 9ball.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may have been thinking of Chandley's Chalk & Cue somewhere in NC that we were all seeing come together in grand fashion. The owner (Mike Chandley) was setting it up for his daughter to run; iirc he had a successful long-time room in Ohio prior to this endeavor. I forget how many tables but it was a lot and they had a huge bar and when it was ready to open we got to see a drone video of the place and it was truly impressive.

Unfortunately, it went out of biz rather fast; what a shame after such a monumental effort.

There was a thread here about it, will see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here's the thread with the drone video:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?414303&p=5401877#post5401877

best,
brian kc

Probably lost his life savings opening a pool room while others were going out of business like never before. I felt bad for him when i saw his first post on the subject.

There was a guy in NY 50 miles North of the city that opened a new room with 40 TIGHT pocket Diamonds. Just what the average banger kid wanted! He went out of biz about as fast as Chandley's

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Racketeers in New Orleans had a couple acres of tables, I think around 200 nine footers. When I went in things were old and ratty but still the most pool tables I have ever seen in one place. They started a trophy pool tournament every hour for those that wanted a piece of chrome.

I think Hump owned it, the same one that wrote The Green Felt Jungle. He used to post on here, haven't noticed him posting in awhile. Don't know if he is dead or just gone from here. Maybe I just haven't noticed his posts too.

Hu

Unless this was the 1940's, it had to be a Laundry room.