The Worst Kind of Sharking

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the best player in town could cut the nine ball paper thin down the rail from 9 feet away , but never managed to hit the 55 gallon trash can they put right next to the front table so he could chew tobacco and spit in it.
The place was beautiful at one time , when he got done it looked like the La Brea tar pits.
Amazing how much damage one idiot can do.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I know all that, you whined about it for 30 minutes. Afraid of the surgery, what could happen, blah, blah, blah. As if I gave a shit about your knee. But, you kept whining. Poor Lou has a boo boo, won't you feel sorry for me.... awww.

ChicagoRJ
Lou is so whiny and bit of a coward

Snowflake, people were wondering why I was limping around the table so I explained.

But back on topic: I think we all get that you’re extra sensitive around the pool room (apparently about a lot of things, lol). Thanks for your input.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the best player in town could cut the nine ball paper thin down the rail from 9 feet away , but never managed to hit the 55 gallon trash can they put right next to the front table so he could chew tobacco and spit in it.
The place was beautiful at one time , when he got done it looked like the La Brea tar pits.

I’ve seen something like that too.

All around the trash can the carpet was black from one tobacco chewer. It was pretty bad.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Snowflake, people were wondering why I was limping around the table so I explained.

But back on topic: I think we all get that you’re extra sensitive around the pool room (apparently about a lot of things, lol). Thanks for your input.

Lou Figueroa

Whiner, I was not wondering at all. Never asked anything. But, you had to explain why you played so bad. And then went in full detail about your boo boo. But, as soon as I saw you were a bit terrified of surgery, I did tell you that it's a cake walk, the knee doctor can't do anything to hurt you, you're perfectly safe. Then I mentioned, besides, it's the anesthesiologist that will kill you. You turned white as a ghost. Your wife smiled and immediately said don't scare him anymore than he already is. LOL

But, in essence, you started a thread about the worse sharking move ever, but have been arguing ever since that it's not that gross and not a big deal because everyone pukes and spits on the floor where you play. So, then why is it a "shark move" then? Wow. such logic. lol

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whiner, I was not wondering at all. Never asked anything. But, you had to explain why you played so bad. And then went in full detail about your boo boo. But, as soon as I saw you were a bit terrified of surgery, I did tell you that it's a cake walk, the knee doctor can't do anything to hurt you, you're perfectly safe. Then I mentioned, besides, it's the anesthesiologist that will kill you. You turned white as a ghost. Your wife smiled and immediately said don't scare him anymore than he already is. LOL

But, in essence, you started a thread about the worse sharking move ever, but have been arguing ever since that it's not that gross and not a big deal because everyone pukes and spits on the floor where you play. So, then why is it a "shark move" then? Wow. such logic. lol

OK, precious, obviously you are a very sensitive soul about many things.

I asked this morning and Gail remembers things differently, reminding me what a fanboy you were when you chased us out into the parking lot as we were leaving Red Shoes, lol. I’ll spare you her comment but Gail is very astute and she nailed it. I showed her your comments here and she simply said, “Told you.”

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
OK, precious, obviously you are a very sensitive soul about many things.

I asked this morning and Gail remembers things differently, reminding me what a fanboy you were when you chased us out into the parking lot as we were leaving Red Shoes, lol. I’ll spare you her comment but Gail is very astute and she nailed it. I showed her your comments here and she simply said, “Told you.”

Have a nice day.

Lou Figueroa

Too funny. You mean, saying hello at the door when you were leaving? LOL Then you kept talking for 30 straight minutes. I bet you didn't learn anything about me, did you? Yeah, that's right, didn't talk about myself... usually don't when i'm just saying hello.

A "fanboy" of a nobody player, who never won a thing, ever. Man, sign me up for your monthly newsletter. Where do I send the check.

I was going to ask how a 60 year old guy built like a coach potato actually injured his knee, but I didn't have another 30 minutes to hear how you tripped on the remote going back for more pasta !

But, lets reiterate. You think blowing your nose on the carpet is disgusting and a shark move. And I agree. But, you're still arguing about it. Yes, you just might be a nit ;) just saying.

Have a super day.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Blood

Long ago before aids somebody had bled all over a table I was playing on. Still not big on putting my hands in somebody's fresh blood, I moved to another table. The jerk had been bleeding all over that table too. A closer look and I realized they were still bleeding on the table. Without making a big deal of it I looked over the guy I was playing with. Finally realized I was the one bleeding all over everything!

Oops, sorry about that! I cleaned it up the best I could and left to boil out the wound. I didn't want to bleed on the equipment and I damned sure didn't want what might be on the equipment in my wound.

Hu

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Too funny. You mean, saying hello at the door when you were leaving? LOL Then you kept talking for 30 straight minutes. I bet you didn't learn anything about me, did you? Yeah, that's right, didn't talk about myself... usually don't when i'm just saying hello.

A "fanboy" of a nobody player, who never won a thing, ever. Man, sign me up for your monthly newsletter. Where do I send the check.

I was going to ask how a 60 year old guy built like a coach potato actually injured his knee, but I didn't have another 30 minutes to hear how you tripped on the remote going back for more pasta !

But, lets reiterate. You think blowing your nose on the carpet is disgusting and a shark move. And I agree. But, you're still arguing about it. Yes, you just might be a nit ;) just saying.

Have a super day.

No, I mean how you came running out of Ref Shoes and walked us to our car, going on about how nice it was to finally meet us after all my stories on the interweb.

I did’t even remember that until Gail reminded me. Afterwards she asked who you were and I said, “I don’t know. I think it’s some guy who sells chalk on the group.”

So anywhos, we’ve now established that you think I’m fat, though I’m 5’9’ and carry just under 200. That I’m a coward for passing on elective surgery, yet had a great outcome without. And that you are a highly sensitive individual and that no one should even dare to think about farting near you in a pool room.

Thanks for the insights, lol.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No, I mean how you came running out of Ref Shoes and walked us to our car, going on about how nice it was to finally meet us after all my stories on the interweb.

I did’t even remember that until Gail reminded me. Afterwards she asked who you were and I said, “I don’t know. I think it’s some guy who sells chalk on the group.”

So anywhos, we’ve now established that you think I’m fat, though I’m 5’9’ and carry just under 200. That I’m a coward for passing on elective surgery, yet had a great outcome without. And that you are a highly sensitive individual and that no one should even dare to think about farting near you in a pool room.

Thanks for the insights, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Nice story bro. Actually, since we are getting insights from others, I got a few back in the pool room. When I mentioned you would not shut up, kept jabbering about your boo boo, they had another theory.

After years of you bad mouthing a life long family friend, sparing with me on the internet for a few years as well, and now being at Freddy's home pool room after he passed, they think, you were a wee bit nervous. Maybe you thought I was coming to knock you out or something? Not a bad theory, I can see some validity to that. Might be why you looked liked you seen a ghost.

But, I told the guys at Red Shoes I was not going to start a fight with some dude from the internet. Yeah, he talked shit about The Beard for years, but there are not words in the world to make me throw a punch. As an ex-cop, I took more verbal abuse than any couch potato could ever dish out on a pool forum. Just words, I don't react to words. So, next time you see me, just relax, I'm not gonna hurt you :hug:

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justice to the couch potato pool "expert"....

Have a super day.
An absolutely magnificent and profound post. (especially the couch potato part)
I salute you!
:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Reactions: KRJ

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
To the mods:

We need a couch potato emoji ....Stat!

Attachments

• B9Rrb2rIQAA221m.jpg
    B9Rrb2rIQAA221m.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: KRJ

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The iceman

Many years ago in Virginia you had to be 18 to hang around or even enter a poolroom.

I stumbled into one even though I was still a few years short of that age. It was the only case of love at 1st sight in my life. I would skip school and spend as much time as I could between the local cops tossing me out in that room.

The reason I was so persistent was that the sharking was world class entertainment to me. Some of those guys were as funny as Richard Pryor! I often think that if pool tournament play wasn't so golf like, maybe more folks would be likely to watch it on tv etc...

They have tv coverage of some game where highly conditioned athletes throw bags filled with dirt , rocks or something at a angled board with a hole in it. Lumberjacks, bowling ,darts , checkers,chess,paper cup stacking contests,all manner of exciting bs. Almost no coverage of pool.

Maybe if sharking,talking,something, or anything that showed a glimpse of personality was allowed, folks just might start to watch pool. Look how Dana white developed interest in the ufc. Boxing is doing something similar now, with some early success.

Personality injections might help. For the record I'm against the nose blowing. But if some guy can bust you by verbal cracks maybe you need to ignore it or come back with a better shark.

It's no coincident that the mosconi cup is the most watched pool event each year and say what you want about those Brits. They do demonstrate passion and personality.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice story bro. Actually, since we are getting insights from others, I got a few back in the pool room. When I mentioned you would not shut up, kept jabbering about your boo boo, they had another theory.

After years of you bad mouthing a life long family friend, sparing with me on the internet for a few years as well, and now being at Freddy's home pool room after he passed, they think, you were a wee bit nervous. Maybe you thought I was coming to knock you out or something? Not a bad theory, I can see some validity to that. Might be why you looked liked you seen a ghost.

But, I told the guys at Red Shoes I was not going to start a fight with some dude from the internet. Yeah, he talked shit about The Beard for years, but there are not words in the world to make me throw a punch. As an ex-cop, I took more verbal abuse than any couch potato could ever dish out on a pool forum. Just words, I don't react to words. So, next time you see me, just relax, I'm not gonna hurt you :hug:

No idea who you were, so I’m not so sure how I’m supposed to be afraid of you.

Honestly, you have never even registered on my radar — you’re just another guy on AZ (who sells chalk). So even after intros I would never even remember whether you were friends with Freddy or anyone else.

You give yourself far too much credit.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
No idea who you were, so I’m not so sure how I’m supposed to be afraid of you.

Honestly, you have never even registered on my radar — you’re just another guy on AZ (who sells chalk). So even after intros I would never even remember whether you were friends with Freddy or anyone else.

You give yourself far too much credit.

Lou Figueroa

LOL. Sure Boo Hoo Lou. I guess you are getting at the age where you can't remember stuff. Well, other than talking about yourself, your favorite subject.

You were the one that used the term "fanboy'... as you really think you have fans that can't wait to meet you? You've won nothing in the pool world. You've made no money at pool. You are basically the wannabe that never was. I'm suppose to be impressed that you donate to tournaments you can't win? Yeah, sure.

And you want to talk about giving too much credit. You can pretend you didn't know who I was to save face, but you knew. Nobody rattles on like that to someone they don't know and says they can't remember unless they are afraid, senile or bat shit crazy. Take your pick :) And of course, you mentioned how folks can argue on the internet but can be different in person and get along. Riiiiight, you had no clue. LMAO

But, pretending you had no idea... yeah, not a chance in the world. But, OK, I'll let you save face, the knee surgery had you scared, it was nothing else. No worries cupcake ;)

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
An absolutely magnificent and profound post. (especially the couch potato part)
I salute you!
:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Well, to be fair, Lou makes it pretty darn easy ;) lol Oh, what's the "count" up to !!!

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL. Sure Boo Hoo Lou. I guess you are getting at the age where you can't remember stuff. Well, other than talking about yourself, your favorite subject.

You were the one that used the term "fanboy'... as you really think you have fans that can't wait to meet you? You've won nothing in the pool world. You've made no money at pool. You are basically the wannabe that never was. I'm suppose to be impressed that you donate to tournaments you can't win? Yeah, sure.

And you want to talk about giving too much credit. You can pretend you didn't know who I was to save face, but you knew. Nobody rattles on like that to someone they don't know and says they can't remember unless they are afraid, senile or bat shit crazy. Take your pick :) And of course, you mentioned how folks can argue on the internet but can be different in person and get along. Riiiiight, you had no clue. LMAO

But, pretending you had no idea... yeah, not a chance in the world. But, OK, I'll let you save face, the knee surgery had you scared, it was nothing else. No worries cupcake ;)

Sorry, no clue about you.

I think I'm coming up on 13,000 posts here. Over 20 years on the pool forums I've had interactions with thousands of posters. Having traveled extensively all over the country some I have met, played and become friends with. Others just don't register. You would be one of those.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, back on topic, at least a tiny bit :) I was thinking about the issue of getting sharked and remembered one afternoon at the pool hall, perhaps 10 years ago.

(insert flashback music)

I thought I had pretty much armored myself from virtually every pool room distraction -- from training myself to stand up and wait while the oblivious houseman walks in front of my shot, to pausing and responding politely to the barmaid who leans over, exposes her cleavage to me and whispers in my ear, "Can I get you anything else?" to the opponent who talks to all the rail birds while I'm shooting.

But now, I have become aware of something new that can completely destroy my concentration.

I was at the pool room and -- as I am located in the heart of Cardinal Nation -- the game is on the big screen TV. We're playing the Mets. I am trying to practice for a tournament next week up in Chicago. I'm down on a long thin cut down the rail and Joe Buck, the Cardinal's broadcaster (whom I can normally ignore), pierces my brain with, "Figueroa winds up and it's a strike." I hit rubber.

I get back down on a tricky back cut I've been working on and Buck intones, "Figueroa was just recently called up from the minors." I jaw the ball.

So I decide to work on my banks. And Buck puts one right down the middle of my central cortex, "Figueroa puts one in tight and hits Pujols!"

I was done and I knew it. I unscrewed, ordered a beer, and watched the rest of the game.

Lou Figueroa

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Sorry, no clue about you.

I think I'm coming up on 13,000 posts here. Over 20 years on the pool forums I've had interactions with thousands of posters. Having traveled extensively all over the country some I have met, played and become friends with. Others just don't register. You would be one of those.

Lou Figueroa

Sure, is that why you mentioned how it was good to meet folks from the internet in person to see how folks are different in person? And told Gail about Magic Chalk. But, yep, no clue... LOL And then precede to ramble on for 30 minutes, to a guy that doesn't register? LOL I mean, they said you might be scared, but I had no idea ;) They said you come up now again to "donate". Not a 1P player but likes to pretend he is, lol

My mother lost both of her legs to diabetes and I never heard her complain one time and she lived 5 years after the last leg was removed. But you just needed to unload on a guy, that does not register, for 30 minutes for a minor knee problem that didn't even require surgery. yikes. Sure, I'm certain someone believes you, cupcake.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, is that why you mentioned how it was good to meet folks from the internet in person to see how folks are different in person? And told Gail about Magic Chalk. But, yep, no clue... LOL And then precede to ramble on for 30 minutes, to a guy that doesn't register? LOL I mean, they said you might be scared, but I had no idea ;) They said you come up now again to "donate". Not a 1P player but likes to pretend he is, lol

My mother lost both of her legs to diabetes and I never heard her complain one time and she lived 5 years after the last leg was removed. But you just needed to unload on a guy, that does not register, for 30 minutes for a minor knee problem that didn't even require surgery. yikes. Sure, I'm certain someone believes you, cupcake.

Without looking at your sig block I wouldn’t know what your product is called — like I said, I told Gail I thought you were the guy who sold chalk on the group.

And you’re right, I go to Red Shoes to donate. Sometimes I get lucky and win one of John’s 1pocket events (beat Larry Nevel one year right after he’d won the US Open). Beaten Piggy up there a couple of times. And one year I won their qualifier for the World 14.1 in NY. Like I said, sometimes I get lucky though I have cashed up there several times.

I may have talked to you but since Gail was with me it was probably more to keep her company than to talk to you.

After all my trips to Red Shoes over the last 20 years I know and have played most of the regulars and they’re a great group of guys though I don’t recall you being there except that one time. Any pool player would be lucky to have a room like Red Shoes available to them.

John Lavin, the owner, and his wife BJ, are great people and I consider John a very good friend. We played one year at the US One Pocket Open up in Kalamazoo back in the late 90’s. I beat him 4-0 and after he started asking about me, thinking he knew all the players from St. Louis, we became friends hanging out together at the Open and DCC and visiting the local strip club.

So anywhos, yeah, I go to donate and meet people, some from the groups, others not. Some people make an impression, become acquaintances or even friends. Other guys not so much.

Lou Figueroa