$1000 max, what's your playing cue?

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
You have a $1000 to spend on a playing cue, what would you buy? As a side note, how many of your non pool playing friends think you are crazy spending more than $300 on a cue?

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Ok I'll add mine. 500 on a Runde SS SP and 500 on a Searing shaft. Anyone coming to Madison WI can pm to test it out! You guys I'm not kidding Searing is not like the others. I wish I could try a cue rather than just a shaft. Anyone who has please remark! Dennis is not one to ever say he is great, he is constantly trying to improve his craft and would prefer his fans to not promote him so much, he is very humble, and just wants to make the ideal instrument to play the game. I honestly believe he would rather have nobody know he built a cue and just know it plays amazing.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd get a Mezz sneaky and a predator/ss360 shaft for it.

I know Mezz shafts are some of the most desirable shafts out there but I personally find predators to play better. Im still waiting for my ss360'2 to arrive from the US, will see if it takes the mighty preds place as my main shaft :wink:

Or just get the sneaky and use the rest on lessons, that would be money well spent :wink:

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For around a grand, I would buy an old R series Schon like an R6 with a well broke in shaft and Micarta ferrule. For a little more, an Andy Gilbert. For a little less, a newer Schon.

And for the record, I think money is irrelevant when discussing hobbies. I spend what I can afford. It's no different than my non pool playing friends and their hobbies. For an example, a buddy of mine bought a Harley. When he points out my 1500$ piece of lumber, I point out his way more expensive toy. And I get to use my toy more than he gets to use his.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i would buy a used cue from a great cue maker
more bang for the buck

trfitters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been going through a lot of cues to try out...

My vote would be for Barnhart, Spitz or Frey...lots of cues in this price range.

I would also say Rick Howard makes an incredible cue.

Can also get a Nitti.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Runde, without a doubt! Would have to keep it to just one shaft to keep it in the budget, but that's fine. Wouldn't change a thing otherwise.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Guido Orlandi Magic Wand... hands down. His new style JOINT is the bee's knees...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definitely buy a used cue. There would be numerous great options for a grand.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$1k budget........I wouldn't even bother having a cue made and instead use that budget to get the best cue possible thru the resale market......a lot of cue bargains out there.

Matt B.