POLISHED Linen?

Buckeyejim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what polished linen is and what is involved in this process? Thanks,Jim

PetreeCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends ... are we talking about buying a linen material that is already polished, or are we talking about treating and polishing regular linen?

Buckeyejim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I read it,it was polished afterwards- it was in reference to an Axiom high-end cue (if there is such a thing).

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buckeyejim said:
The way I read it,it was polished afterwards- it was in reference to an Axiom high-end cue (if there is such a thing).

Apply glue, apply linen, skim with utility blade, wet with water (spray bottle)
skim with utility blade, water, Press linen, skim with blade, wet again and press. Use a paper towel with Zinsser sanding sealer then another paper towel with Behlens wood turners finish, Pledge with baby diaper then Rapid pad cut with linseed oil buff with dry paper towel then repeat rapid pad and dry paper towel. You now have one version of polished linen.
One gallon of rapid pad cut with 1/2 pint of boiled linseed oil makes the original SUPER RAPID PAD that is no longer made.
Hope this helps, Haven't had the chance to get on here to much lately, a little behind. (Sorry).

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
skim with utility blade, water, Press linen, skim with blade, wet again and press. Use a paper towel with Zinsser sanding sealer then another paper towel with Behlens wood turners finish, Pledge with baby diaper then Rapid pad cut with linseed oil buff with dry paper towel then repeat rapid pad and dry paper towel. You now have one version of polished linen.
One gallon of rapid pad cut with 1/2 pint of boiled linseed oil makes the original SUPER RAPID PAD that is no longer made.
Hope this helps, Haven't had the chance to get on here to much lately, a little behind. (Sorry).

TAA-DAAA...
and there you have it! next question for mike :):):)

Buckeyejim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Polished Wrap?

Michael Webb said:
Thanks Mike,A+

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
Michael Webb said:
Oh now Mikey....Come on...is the Baby Diaper clean or something in it :) I thought you weren't telling your secrets ;)

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiardbum said:
Oh now Mikey....Come on...is the Baby Diaper clean or something in it :) I thought you weren't telling your secrets ;)

I've still got 1,2 10 or maybe 20 left!

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that's what carolina cues does to their wraps, and it's by far the best linen wrap i've ever felt.

runingman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carolina Custom Cues wraps

fullsplicefiend said:
I think that's what carolina cues does to their wraps, and it's by far the best linen wrap i've ever felt.
I know how Carolina Custom Cues does their wraps. Not as extensive as Mr. Webb described but still a labor intensive procedure. Mike J. spends alot of time on each and every cue he wraps to ensure the best possible wrap he can apply to a cue. I know Mike personally as i play pool with him, plus working with him everyday at CCC helps also. Thanks for the compliment fullsplicefiend I will be sure to let him know your thoughts tommorrow morning.

Raildriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if that's how EMartinez got his wraps so smooth. I have never been able to get my wraps anywhere near that smooth. Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raildriver said:
I wonder if that's how EMartinez got his wraps so smooth. I have never been able to get my wraps anywhere near that smooth. Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try.

The key with the diaper is to use a good one, not the polyester ones, the more you use it the more burnished it gets, I have been using the same one for shafts and wraps about a year now. I don't wash it either,
it's so smooth
---------------------------------------:eek:

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I don't see the logic of polishing a linen wrap to the point of it being polished...I personally think they should have a little texture and grip...otherwise just make a wrapless cue...it also signifacantly decreases the ability to absorb moisture....

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Craig Fales said:
I don't see the logic of polishing a linen wrap to the point of it being polished...I personally think they should have a little texture and grip...otherwise just make a wrapless cue...it also signifacantly decreases the ability to absorb moisture....

Maybe Yes, Maybe no and maybe just maybe.
Show me 5 people who think the same and I'll show you a one sided conversation.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
everyone i know likes them smooth and soft.thanks for the PM.your PM box is full by the way.

ShaneS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how South West does their wraps? I don't think I've ever felt anything quite like it.

-S