AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
knockers without proof are whats wrong with pool

oh,i didn't say there was something crooked going on.I just asked a question"

is a typical response from the guys who just feel like something is wrong

feelings is not fact

prove it or shut up

it makes me sick that losers try to destroy what little good the pool world has

if the games are phony,then the results are phony and i am betting on crooked games

this makes me feel like a sucker

if you can't trust a pool player,who can you trust

watchez?

all he did was ask a question

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Streamed Matches

Watchez is 100% correct. There is matches that are advertised as gambling & they are not. FOR SURE! I have never played an exhibition match that was advertised as gambling. I have played matches where both players get paid the same win or lose & I did not like that. Obviously both players trying to win but IT IS NOT the same feeling. A lot less pressure. And again like Watchez said it doesn’t matter how much money you have if someone is going to pay you $3,000-5,000 or even $10k to play pool for 2 days there isn’t one pool player I have ever met that is too good to not play. I do think the Shane/Shaw match was legit & on the square.

Justin Bergman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is a good friend of mine and he has as much gamble or more than any pool player I’ve known. He is one of the very few top players that will bet his own and he will bet all of his money. He has tons of heart. But Dennis can not beat Alex Pagulayan playing one pocket. I think Alex is the best 1 pocket player in the world by a good amount too. I would bet on Alex giving anyone 9/8 if they play long enough he’s going to get the money. There is some guys that can win even but not day in & day out. He moves the best and gets the money as good as anyone I’ve seen. I have had him down 4-0 playing one pocket race to 5 twice & lost. And I knew it’s not over. He played just like it was 0-0. I think him & Dennis though if you play all games are the two best in the world. One pocket, banks, straight pool, 10 ball, bar table, 8 ball. I mean all games even snooker they are 1 & 2 I think.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does it achieve exactly to make this sort of post, with zero evidence?

Downside = you shit on the integrity of players, streamers, and backers.

Upside = ???

Absolutely nothing, except you get to feel smart by acting like you know the real, behind the scenes stuff?

Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

Perfect, there should be no problem then, just put the money on a table in background like the WSOP and WPT. You know, where the money is real.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis is a good friend of mine and he has as much gamble or more than any pool player I’ve known. He is one of the very few top players that will bet his own and he will bet all of his money. He has tons of heart. But Dennis can not beat Alex Pagulayan playing one pocket. I think Alex is the best 1 pocket player in the world by a good amount too. I would bet on Alex giving anyone 9/8 if they play long enough he’s going to get the money. There is some guys that can win even but not day in & day out. He moves the best and gets the money as good as anyone I’ve seen. I have had him down 4-0 playing one pocket race to 5 twice & lost. And I knew it’s not over. He played just like it was 0-0. I think him & Dennis though if you play all games are the two best in the world. One pocket, banks, straight pool, 10 ball, bar table, 8 ball. I mean all games even snooker they are 1 & 2 I think.

I appreciate your input.

Some folks may disagree with you but you play at a high level and know the players.

That is good enough for me.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the viewership was right, you bet your ars it would be a thing. But, with the low number of views, I don't see how it would be worth the trouble just to split "stream money".

Jeff

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
knockers without proof are whats wrong with pool

oh,i didn't say there was something crooked going on.I just asked a question"

is a typical response from the guys who just feel like something is wrong

feelings is not fact

prove it or shut up

it makes me sick that losers try to destroy what little good the pool world has

if the games are phony,then the results are phony and i am betting on crooked games

this makes me feel like a sucker

if you can't trust a pool player,who can you trust

watchez?

all he did was ask a question

in your own words...........

most pool hustlers are bums

some call themselves pro players
seldom do they make enough to support themself
or a family

seldom do they make money gambling
my guess is that if you took the stake horse out
of the equation the average pool player would nor survive long

i refer to the main source of income is from dumping games
not all,i do not want to imply that this is the source of income of all without exception
my guess it would be closer to only 50%,their other big source is borrowing with no
intention of paying back
the "stream money grab" is just another source of income

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the viewership was right, you bet your ars it would be a thing. But, with the low number of views, I don't see how it would be worth the trouble just to split "stream money".

Jeff

me neither. what viewer numbers did this last bout have?

MachineGunKelly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you disagree with this statement: "getting paid $1000 to $3000 for a days of work is VERY GOOD money"?

Never said that 1k-3k a day isn't very good money. no pool player on earth would turn this down if it was regular, but ITS NOT. I did say that 3k a day is only 9k if you only work 3 days. Refer to earlier posts that suggested this is a million dollar a year salary.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never said that 1k-3k a day isn't very good money. no pool player on earth would turn this down if it was regular, but ITS NOT. I did say that 3k a day is only 9k if you only work 3 days. Refer to earlier posts that suggested this is a million dollar a year salary.

I guess you aren't pretending?

It is a daily wage that equates to a million dollar a year salary.

Google any words you don't understand.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeff

Why is is worth it? They are earning money (grab) that was otherwise unavailable.

How could it not be worth the effort? They're there. They're otherwise earning 0.

If you were sitting around the pool room and somebody told you you'd get $100 by playing someone a race to 5, you really think that is of less value than sitting there and doing nothing?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks for your post Justin. Coming from you it carries a lot of weight. When people talk about the best players in the World and leave out these two guys I'm thinking they really don't know. They are two of the best I've ever seen when big money was on the line and people hate me for saying so. They think I'm un American. I'm not sure Alex beats Dennis too easily in One Pocket. There is a psychological factor going on here that I won't discuss. And maybe you know what I mean. Anyway it's very doubtful they will be playing any time soon, except in tournaments. Thanks again, keep posting please. NO ONE knows the top players any better than you!

Speaking of top players, none of them have to like it if they get in the box with you. I know that much!

Last edited: