Official Going to DCC Check In Thread

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
After a year off I'm excited to say that me and four buddies of mine will be back at the Horseshoe this year to sweat all the action and probably play our fair share of blackjack. We're checking in on the 27th and out on the 30th. I just thought this thread would be a good way to start some of the hype.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm making my plans as I type.

I think I'll get there on Tuesday the 29th and leave Sunday the 3rd and hopefully make it in time for SuperBowl parties.

Freddie

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I can say with 90% probability that I'll be there. This will be my first DCC, but I did attend the Southern Classic in Tunica this past year, so I have a taste of the budget concerns that go into a trip like this.

I just need to get with a fellow AZ'er (BobN) and make final plans.

I'm hoping to play in the Banks and 1-Pocket event. I might try 9-ball, if the budget allows it.

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there. Only missed the first year and one other. Still the best show in pool! Hope everyone has a safe trip.

i will be there on the first Thursday, play in the bank pool, and leave Monday. Then I will come back the next Saturday to mess with cues.

RTaylor692

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there for the 9-ball segment. Didn't get there this year and really missed it. Can't wait to go back.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing in my 7th Derby City next month. I also might have a few minor sponsors for it. Gotta like that.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Playing in my 7th Derby City next month. I also might have a few minor sponsors for it. Gotta like that.

Congrats on some possible sponsors! The fact that you have people even considering it says a lot about your game in this day and time.

Good luck. I'll need a spot from you, btw. :thumbup:

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on some possible sponsors! The fact that you have people even considering it says a lot about your game in this day and time.

Good luck. I'll need a spot from you, btw. :thumbup:

haha. Thanks man. Right now I have a minor sponsor but may get one that would pay for my entry. We shall see. btw, my name is Brian Pauely if you want to look me at DCC. It would be cool to meet you.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
this "Derby" everyone speaks of sounds interesting....

I may have to take a little drive and check it out. I'll have to find an ice cream sponsor though, since that shop across from the tournament room gets more of my cash than anything or anyone....DAMN SWEETTOOTH!!!

I hope to see that T guy there as well. I think he owes me a beer. Pfffft, screw it, y'all owe me a beer :p Yeah, you too Fred, and if I have to hear your singing...make it a couple of beers :grin:

I love DCC time!!!! :cool:

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I may have to take a little drive and check it out. I'll have to find an ice cream sponsor though, since that shop across from the tournament room gets more of my cash than anything or anyone....DAMN SWEETTOOTH!!!

I hope to see that T guy there as well. I think he owes me a beer. Pfffft, screw it, y'all owe me a beer :p Yeah, you too Fred, and if I have to hear your singing...make it a couple of beers :grin:

I will be there from Sat thru Thur or Friday, depending on if I get any sleep the first 6 days. Too much going on to sleep. Hope to see everyone there. Tom

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there for the two weekends if work permits it. This will be my second Derby and I look forward to meeting others and maybe hitting a few around.

We need to have a meeting place at a certain day and time where everybody wears a nametag with their AZB screen names written on them so we can recognize each other.....

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any other Pa members going?

i am from north western Pa.
Just curoius to know of any other members from Pennsylvania that will be going to the derby this year.

SLIM

"T"

Son of Da Poet
Silver Member

Was completely out this year but good friend and fellow forum member sjm has turned up the heat on me. Might be there the first week sometime and if I get there, I'll leave a marker for you at the bar if I don't see ya. ;)

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make the DCC. :frown:

I missed a day from work due to being sick, then missed another day because it iced and the roads were bad. Plus, I can't get my normal OT put in for extra money during the holidays. And so on. Life has conspired against me.

On the bright side, if I can save some of this leftover nestegg, I'm going to parlay it into the Southern Classic after I get my tax refund back.

That is, unless the govt. is gonna screw me on that one too.

Hope everyone has a blast. Maybe 2014 will be my first DCC. Sigh.