Lucasi LZSP2 Sneaky Pete - Tip choice?

Tom899

Registered
Hello, I've been using the Brunswick Centennial cues that came with my Centennial package for about 5 years.
I decided to buy a cue, maybe a Lucasi Sneaky Pete LZSP2. It seems many of these cues come with a "Tiger Everest" tip, but for about $23 or so can choose one of many tips. Naturally not worried about the money for a different tip, what should I choose?
I have nothing against the Tiger Everest tip or any other tip, just hoping to get a decent tip to start with. I'm thinking to choose a medium? Here are the choices. Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
2020-02-01_7-34-55.jpg

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not liked the Everest tips that came stock on aftermarket shafts a few years ago. Today, I have liked them much more. They are a decent medium tip.

If you do not have access to a repair shop, you might want to change it to your favorite tip now. Probably not necessary.

Tom899

Registered
I have not liked the Everest tips that came stock on aftermarket shafts a few years ago. Today, I have liked them much more. They are a decent medium tip.

If you do not have access to a repair shop, you might want to change it to your favorite tip now. Probably not necessary.
Thanks for the reply. I do not have access to a repair shop that I know of. So changing now when ordering is convenient, but don't know if I should or is necessary.

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with staying with the current tip. Give it time it break in-you may end up liking it. However, if you have a competent tip installer near by, you may want to try a single layer tip, like a Triangle, if you want to try something different. Triangles are usually cheaper to install, and don’t have a delamination problem. I had a Tiger Sniper tip on my Cynergy shaft to start, but now I use Triangles. The Sniper just didn’t give me the feel I was looking for. Best of luck with your choice.

Tom899

Registered
I agree with staying with the current tip. Give it time it break in-you may end up liking it. However, if you have a competent tip installer near by, you may want to try a single layer tip, like a Triangle, if you want to try something different. Triangles are usually cheaper to install, and don’t have a delamination problem. I had a Tiger Sniper tip on my Cynergy shaft to start, but now I use Triangles. The Sniper just didn’t give me the feel I was looking for. Best of luck with your choice.
Thank you!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try an Ultraskin. AZ member Tom Hay sells them. GREAT tips at a really good price. I would try the Black med. or a Fire in med. or hard.

Tom899

Registered
I ordered the cue with the Tiger Everest that comes with it. I'll shoot for awhile and get used to the cue. I can always change the tip...
Thanks