Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Right eye dominate, but play left handed?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-25-2020, 03:55 PM

Right eye, left eye... it's the stick does the shooting.

Old
  (#17)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

02-25-2020, 05:59 PM

Well I am Left Handed, Left Eye Dominant. Shoot Pool Left Handed. Rifle or Shotgun I shoot Right Handed. The Rifle / Shotgun thing I do better then many even thought I use wrong eye. Pistol I am better with the Left, but almost as good with Right

People can, do adapt, and excell sometime by not doing thing by the book.

Friend has nephew who is in the IDF, Isreal Defense Force. He was telling me the IDF has a section of people with Autism who work in the Intelligence Division. Apprently their ability to see things different then what I will call "normal people', is a plus sometimes figuring out things those "normal folks" miss why trying to solve problems, or figure out a problems.

ďPool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#18)
Rodney
hot7339
Rodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond reputeRodney has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 11822

02-25-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerman View Post
All the players that I listed hold the cue under their opposite (inside) eye by a considerable margin. Right-handed under the left eye and left-hander under the right eye. I donít want to use the term ďdominant eye,Ē since that term is misleading in our sport. or in baseball for that matter.

Freddie <~~~ under the inside
I guess Iíve never thought about my cue being under one eye or the other. Next time I play Iíll have to see where I line it up.

Old
  (#19)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-25-2020, 06:47 PM

i havent read any replies
my 2 cents
it will be easier for you to adjust playing with your dominant hand and finding your vision center
than trying to learn how to play with your non dominant hand
jmho

Old
  (#20)
noMoreSchon
AzB Silver Member
noMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond reputenoMoreSchon has a reputation beyond repute

02-25-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i havent read any replies
my 2 cents
it will be easier for you to adjust playing with your dominant hand and finding your vision center
than trying to learn how to play with your non dominant hand
jmho
What if I play with my non dominate hand, and learned from a youngster to play that way?

Do you think it would have been easier for me? Because I had no idea on how to hold a

stick, but figured that the important part, was the part closest to the cue ball.. I cut two

of my tendons in my bridge hand, and played with my dominate hand for about 3 months.

I could not make anything, that is until I moved my vision center to where it should be.

Now not afraid of any shot, other than a powerful break, or stroke shot. Play patterns

better too, because I do not have the capabilities to move whitey all around the table...

And that aspect alone helped me out tremendously. No reason not to shoot with both

hands, nothing but good things will come from it.

Old
  (#21)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-26-2020, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noMoreSchon View Post
What if I play with my non dominate hand, and learned from a youngster to play that way?

Do you think it would have been easier for me? Because I had no idea on how to hold a

stick, but figured that the important part, was the part closest to the cue ball.. I cut two

of my tendons in my bridge hand, and played with my dominate hand for about 3 months.

I could not make anything, that is until I moved my vision center to where it should be.

Now not afraid of any shot, other than a powerful break, or stroke shot. Play patterns

better too, because I do not have the capabilities to move whitey all around the table...

And that aspect alone helped me out tremendously. No reason not to shoot with both

hands, nothing but good things will come from it.
learning anything as a kid will come naturally
think about leaning a second language
as a kid you learn it and dont have much accent
as an adult you will probably have an accent even if you become fluent
so you can learn as an adult but it takes more work
i agree with
"No reason not to shoot with both

hands, nothing but good things will come from it."
i am trying to learn to play left handed now
my stroke looks like a slinky its so wobbly right now.....

Old
  (#22)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

02-26-2020, 05:33 PM

Hereís my two cents (Canadian...which is only 1.51 cents American)

Iím right-handed and right-eyed....but I never cared...somebody told me.
...you arenít always going to do things the same way..your diet, how you slept, your
activities from day to day can change how you perceive things.

Iíve ran 100s at snooker shooting out of my left eye (itís lazy) and Iíve seen pictures where
Iím lined up dead center....but usually my cue is slightly on the right side of my chin.

The trick is to look at the shot the best way you know how....
...and bring your cue to your vision.
Youíll have fewer days when you just canít seem to line up.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: