The Ultimate Weapon Shaft

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I absolutely love my Meucci UW Pro. I have two of them and the first one I got I later had turned down two different times until it reached 10.7mm. This is a beautifully-sized tip for massive spin. ( I use a Kamui Black Super Soft on this shaft).

Some folks don't care for the small diameter tip on a huge cue ball, but I don't have a problem finding center ball and deciding from there where I want the cue ball to end up, so the shaft works great for me.

I love the hit it gives. And, it's deadly accurate.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, any more helpful reviews on the Meucci Ultimate Weapon shaft?

Also, the three guys that provided favorable review right above this post... are you guys still in love with the UW shaft after some time has passed?

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, any more helpful reviews on the Meucci Ultimate Weapon shaft?

Also, the three guys that provided favorable review right above this post... are you guys still in love with the UW shaft after some time has passed?

I'm still in "love" with my UW shafts. I also love my "The Pro" shafts which so far I've left at 12.5 mm. :)

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still in "love" with my UW shafts. I also love my "The Pro" shafts which so far I've left at 12.5 mm. :)

Thanks for the reply, Drawback.
I am mulling the idea of maybe trying out UW at 11mm (it can be ordered that way straight from the factory), as I've recently started playing with another really, reaaaally small diameter random shaft and it plays dreamy. So, I might be inclined to give it a go.

ImaPoolnut

I'm just a PoolNut
Silver Member
Meucci Ultimate Weapon Pro shaft

Howdy :wave3:

My name is Will and I'm new to these forums. I have a few questions to anyone with enough knowledge and experience to answer. But first allow me to give you my back info so you know how dumb I am :thumbup:

I got my first Cue in 92 while managing a pool hall near home. It was a Mizerack 19 oz snakeskin wrap which I believe retailed for around 250 or so. I have used nothing else in 18 years except this stick, so I have no experience or knowledge of whether the stick sucks or whether it's pretty nice. about 8 years ago in Myrtle Beach, I had a custom shaft made for it. When the guy asked what I was looking for, I told him that the 13 mm (original) just felt bulky and I wanted to be more pin point, so he suggested 11 or 11.5 mm, which worked out great btw. It also had a very hard, thin block tip put on it. Anyhow, I've always noticed that my long shots have a lot of deflection problems.

To get to a conclusion of that story, I quit shooting about 6 years ago, recently started back and have been shooting for bout 2 months again. I tried out a predator shaft on it for maybe 2 games(hardly enough time to tell), but it felt good. Problem was the diameter of the predator was too bulky. Then after internet searching I saw Meucci had this Ultimate Weapon Shaft which is 11.25 mm and supposedly the best against deflection :love: and I'm getting the urge to buy it.

Now with the questions....

1- Does anyone know if Mizerack cues back then were good quality or considered "disposable", cause I have no experience to compare to say Meucci or Joss?

2- Does anyone know anything about that new Meucci shaft the UW? Any review or opinion of it would be awesome.

3- If all was good with the UWS and I got it, should I add it to my Mizerack or should I get a Meucci piston to mate it to? ( I don't have loyalties, likes, or dislikes in namebrands so please throw any opinion out there)

4- If I put a moori tip on that UWS (that is if I got it) which would be the way to go? MED or HARD?

Thanks for any and all responses!

Hi Will,

I have been using Meucci's since the early 80's and have used and loved their low deflection shafts for many, many years without issue. Recently while at the Super Billiards Expo last year I tried out both the Pro shaft and the Ultimate Weapon Pro shaft for one of my older Meucci's I had with me and simply fell in love with it. I have tried multiple Predator's and although they are fabulous shafts, my cue tech has showed me some pretty disturbing things about these shafts while doing simple repairs like replacing a ferrule. The shafts for the most part are absolutely hollow. There's a small dowel from the ferrule down about 6-8 inches, but a majority of the shaft is hollow, not what I want in my shaft. I've always had my shafts tapered down from 13mm to 11.75 and 12mm respectively because I hate a clunky feeling shaft as well, so the Ultimate Weapon Pro (European taper) cut at 11.5mm is absolutely a great playing, feeling and hitting shaft without a doubt. Also you can get matching collars from meucci upon request which I've done for all my vintage cues.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You bet. I've got a whole bunch of Meucci shafts now. I have several Pro's and a couple of UW's and a couple of old Classic shafts. I also have Red Dots and Black Dots. I just let a guy tease an old Classic off me and I sure do miss it, but I sold him one of my old ebony Gamblers and it went with it.
I still love my UWs.