Best one pocket DVDs

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom Wirth’s are becoming very popular. You’ll see shots & situations you have never imagined. I have DVDS from others but think Toms are the most informative. No filler on any... they are all business. Everything Tom produces is a must have.
If you have the time and can swing it go to Florida and take a lesson from him.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tom is (soon) going to release a DVD dedicated to caroms. It's a great DVD. Caroms are everything.

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello to all you AZB pool players. As you must know by this time I have produced a very successful book on One Pocket "One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression". Since then I have produced two videos. The first is called "A Series of Unique Shots and Situations: I followed that up with "The Running Of The Balls" These two videos focus almost exclusively on the game of One Pocket.

What you may not be aware of is that I have been working on a third video. This time I focus on an area of pool that will benefit players of all levels regardless of which game they favor. Whether your game is Straight pool, Nine Ball, Eight Ball, or whatever, this video coupled with practice will improve your game.

This newest video will be out very soon. "Caroms and Throws" is a study much like a class room.
I explain how throw shots work and how to calculate the distance a ball can be thrown.
The second part of this video is all about carom shots. Caroms between two or more
object balls and caroms which send the cue ball off one ball and into another.
Every option is covered in detail and in an easy to understand format.
Running time just short of ONE HOUR.

Send me a PM or an email to trwirth369@gmail.com if you wish to preorder. The price of this video is the
same as the other two. $29.00 with free first class shipping. A great deal but it gets better for those of you who preorder.

For those of you who order through paypal before August 22nd I will discount your DVD by $5.00 bringing your total to $24.00.
Free US shipping
If you wish to order all three of my videos I will create a package deal for you. $65.00 and free standard shipping.
If you haven't ordered a copy of my book and would like to order it along with the three videos I will offer you another
special deal. Inquire trwirth369@gmail.com

Thank you,

Tom Wirth

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As stated in an earlier post.
My Video DVD is out now and available through paypal for $29.00 with Free shipping within the USA.
Send your payment to:

paypal account trwirth369@gmail.com.

Here is a You Tube clip of some of what to expect. Though there is no commentary on this prelude
video there is ample commentary and explanations on all carom and throw shots within the DVD.

https://youtu.be/teZE_NN6asY

Thank you,

Tom

Last edited:

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which ones in some level of preference, would be best value to accelerate my one pocket skills?

Thanks ... john_oleson@comcast.net

If you are after some instructional DVDs, the best value for me were Willie Jopling's Ultimate One Pocket DVD (especially volume 2 which was a real eye-opener) and Grady Mathews' 4DVD set (The Finer Points of One Pocket, Only Kicks, The Finishing Touch, and Killer One Pocket). Scott Frost's Power One Pocket DVDs (vol1 and 2) and Tom Wirth's DVDs are also very good. There is clear water between these four and the rest out there, imho.

Accu-stats player review videos (with one or both of the players' commentary dubbed in after the match) are also very good. There aren't many but they are really good value as you hear a lead commentator's analysis and the player's shot selection process at the same time. My preferred way to watch them is to pause the video in a difficult spot, come up with a shot myself and then play to see the actual shot chosen and the commentators analysis of possible alternative shots. I'm aware of four such videos only:
- Jimmy Fusco vs. Nick Varner | 1991 Legends Of One Pocket - Philadelphia Style*| P1P-06
- Steve Dobrowolski vs. Buddy Hall | 1995 Roanoke One Pocket | R1P2-06D
- Scott Frost vs. Efren Reyes | 2010 Derby City One Pocket | D12-1P10D
- Allen Hopkins vs Nick Varner - 100 Minute Rack | 1991 Legends Of One Pocket (South Carolina) | C1P-05

I think Fusco-Varner and Hopkins-Varner are out of print.

In addition, you may also watch a few good matches and take note of the shots you weren't aware of. Efren Reyes and Steve Cook played very creatively in terms of moving more than one ball out of the opponent's pocket.

Accu-Stats vimeo channel has a handful of good 1P matches. You can subscribe for $12.99/month only and watch as many of the matches as you want. Reyes-Pagulayan from 2017 One Pocket Invitational was a very good match. Try to watch those with Jeremy Jones in the booth - he's a really great commentator.

Cheers,
Terry

Last edited: