Cloth repair

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
So league bar table has about a 5/8" cut in it. I'm tempted to take some super glue and wax paper and "fix" it.

I've seen this done with little holes in cloth before.

Short of replacing the cloth any other ideas?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So league bar table has about a 5/8" cut in it. I'm tempted to take some super glue and wax paper and "fix" it.

I've seen this done with little holes in cloth before.

Short of replacing the cloth any other ideas?

I saw a kit once that had very fine thread like you would use in plastic surgery. Sew it up and iron it flat type thing. Not sure how good it works

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Many years ago the rec center manager had some kind of tape he would work through the hole and under the cloth and then press the cloth down on it. If a little cloth was missing, Mr. Stone would get some cloth fuzz and glue it into the hole. Smaller tears were fixed with something like Elmer's Glue-All. I think the main thing is to not leave too much of a lump.

We didn't worry about getting glue on the slate since it would be cleaned off at the next recovering. Maybe. I imagine that super glue and epoxy would be harder to clean.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Many years ago the rec center manager had some kind of tape he would work through the hole and under the cloth and then press the cloth down on it. If a little cloth was missing, Mr. Stone would get some cloth fuzz and glue it into the hole. Smaller tears were fixed with something like Elmer's Glue-All. I think the main thing is to not leave too much of a lump.

We didn't worry about getting glue on the slate since it would be cleaned off at the next recovering. Maybe. I imagine that super glue and epoxy would be harder to clean.
I see an opportunity for a clever chemist - Simonis Spackle.

pj
chgo