The Color of Money Musings

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The best one was by Amos to Eddie as he was breaking down his cue, just before he left the room.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of pool movies, when I moved to CT from NY in the mid 80s there was a guy who played some- name was John Kapusta- Polish guy who worked for UPS- Nice guy, fairly good stick, played back then with a Meucci Gambler cue. John's route was in Westport, CT. - seem to remember that Paul Newman was on his route and that he had been in the home, Paul had a table, but really did not play much at all.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, I as most here know what running numbers means. Don't we all?

And Mizerak's missed shots and bad leaves were BOTH VEHICLES for double-entendre. If you are unfamiliar with the way Hollywood works, many ideas are communicated subtly.

Sadly, most here seem to have neither previously grasped this concept in these scenes or in general. Glad to hear there is still some Color of Mooney fans though.

If you haven't seen Ben Stiller in "The Hustler of Money", it's pretty funny...

Your reading wayyyyy to much into it.. your fake ass screen name tells us your intelligence level.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
It doesn’t matter. Cruise was the worst choice to play the part. Immature and not realistic.
Maybe true but........
You're downplaying the meteoric rise that Cruise was embarking on at the time.
I don't think the movie would've been as huge a hit without him in that role.
"Immature and not realistic?"
Eddie wanted him to "flake on flake off."

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
So you're saying there's a chance?

1xugxo.jpg

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
He played the part to perfection.

Of course he was an immature goofball. His real world job was at Child World.

Yup! Carmen "Didn't get the allure of that place!" Haha!

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Stu, Stu! Tom Cruise won't be coming to AZB in this lifetime. He has little to zero interest in anything we have to say here and probably hasn't hit a pool ball in 20 years!

Yes, but the post came on April Fool's Day, so I figured anything was possible.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
cruis3 pre superstardom, he was brilliant. anyone thzt says otherwise is a silly idiot. he was the only choice to play the part, if you didn't like him in it, its bc he did the role justice.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, I as most here know what running numbers means. Don't we all?

And Mizerak's missed shots and bad leaves were BOTH VEHICLES for double-entendre. If you are unfamiliar with the way Hollywood works, many ideas are communicated subtly.

Sadly, most here seem to have neither previously grasped this concept in these scenes or in general. Glad to hear there is still some Color of Mooney fans though.

If you haven't seen Ben Stiller in "The Hustler of Money", it's pretty funny...

Ah, no and no, you may as well go with "the color of Fast Eddies car was white which was made to symbolize the fact he sold cocaine before selling liquor which is where he got all his money from since a lot of pool players dealt with drugs".

The ben stiller skit is funny, but the best one was the spoof of The Hustler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiTJbS7IkKY

Last edited:

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20s & 30s? They still had it in Chicago as recently as the late 90s early 00s. If not still going.