Partner PNS 500 pooltable cloth

Jempy35

Registered
Hello,

I'm planning on buying a new pooltable and I've found one I really like. Only thing is the cloth. According to the store it's a "tournament" type cloth and judging by the look and feel, it's indeed a really fast and decent cloth. The brand and type mentioned by the owner is "Partner PNS 500".

I've tried looking for it on the internet but I can't really find a lot of information about it. I've found some Chinese commercial sites and I also found a "Moori 500" cloth that seems to be the same but some sites speak of 80% wool and 20% nylon, others speak of 45% wool end 55% nylon.

I really like to know more specifics and experiences on this cloth. The owner from the store can't help my either. He buys his pools in bulk ready to go from China. The cloth comes with the pool so I don't have any choice of cloth initially (ofcourse I can always change it in a few years)

Does anybody here on the forum know the Partner PNS 500 cloth and has some experiences and specifications? I want to compare it to Simonis 860 or Granito Basalt. I can buy other pools where I can choose the cloth but I really liked this one, but I can only buy it with the Partner PNS 500 cloth.

Jempy35

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The name is not recognizable, therefore it is likely chinese cloth, and some sort of knockoff. I'd stay away from it. Andy cloth is made in China, but is pretty good quality.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The retail business that is selling the pool table, knows nothing about the cloth??? That don't say much about the business!

Jempy35

Registered
The retail business that is selling the pool table, knows nothing about the cloth??? That don't say much about the business!
I know it's a little shady. I think it's a guy who buys a lot of stuff in bulk from China (not necessarily bad quality) for cheap prices and then resells it here with a profit. (I think a lot more retailers do it like this but can camouflage it better)

I've seen the table in real life and it really looks good and decent but I'm only having doubts on the cloth. It looked very professional and fast aswel but since I only have a name, "Partner PNS 500", and no references, I'm a bit doubtful.