Archer V Strickland Bad Blood, It's on!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Ah crap! Thanks for reminding me, I still got to get a referee. Thinking about your post I may need a big one. I wonder if Justin from TAR can ref :)

Make him wear a tux, white gloves and bow tie.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Seriously, watch this interview.

Johnny gives Earl huge compliments and then bluntly ASKS Earl to reciprocate the compliments and instead Earl ignores Johnny's request and instead props himself up even more when asked if Johnny is as good to play with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbNdcCdYMNM

I mean, take a look at Johnny in that interview when Earl is asked how good Johnny is and ignores the question, that is not a happy guy, Earl totally dissed him off there.

And shortly thereafter they were no longer touring together. Go figure, Johnny in his own right is a very self confident guy with alot of pride and Earl very near shit on him in that interview.

Not sure how hugely strong this friendship is at this point.

Well I don't know if this shows that Johnny was unhappy with Earl BUT this is VINTAGE CLASSIC Earl Strickland.

OMG that was hilarious!!!!

I love it, "if you want to see players shit on themselves go to a 5x10" - Earl Strickland

"I play on 3 and 1/2" pockets"

Then he launches into how the jump cue is hurting pool. (meanwhile he uses a shorter cue to jump with)

Earl truly lives in his own world.

nilsm

Drifter
One of the owners of Drifters happens to be a Certified Ref!

It is true, I am a Certified VNEA referee. I have been selected as the VNEA referee of the year and officiated the finals of the VNEA tournament several times. That is amateur pool opposed to professional, however, and I don't own a tux . . .

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Bad Blood - Earl Wins

LOL, well Cleary I would hate to see anyone come to punches over a game of pool. However, a little argument or two would not hurt ratings :) I am really not sure what to expect. I will be surprised if there isn't a heated discussion at some point.

Ah crap! Thanks for reminding me, I still got to get a referee. Thinking about your post I may need a big one. I wonder if Justin from TAR can ref :)

I am afraid that Johnny will be blown away if there is a heated "discussion" between he and Earl. Earl can come with "it".

Johnny will just have to resolve himself to going to that little private world that he always seems to be able to do in big matches. I know Johnny is the Scorpion but Johnny just can't come with "it" like Earl.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I am afraid that Johnny will be blown away if there is a heated "discussion" between he and Earl. Earl can come with "it".

Johnny will just have to resolve himself to going to that little private world that he always seems to be able to do in big matches. I know Johnny is the Scorpion but Johnny just can't come with "it" like Earl.
When it's your shot you can talk, when it's my shot you SHUT UP!

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
There should be some other pro players doing the comentary if this is going to be a PPV match. TVMike has does a great job on the video, but this could be a great match that people will watch for years, so we need to make sure there is propery commentary, not Sherodaka as she is just learning. If Sherodaka is going to do the commentary please let everyone know ahead of time. Thank you.

cmbwsu said:
Mark,

I knew if anyone could make this happen it would be you. UpstateAl, Gamma, and myself will continue to assist TVMike and Sherodaka and will be on hand to moderate during this outstanding event.

AZers: Let's rock this one. Notify everyone you know of this event via Twitter, Facebook, and personal contact wherever you work or play! This will be huge!

UGETTHE6,

Appreciate your input. Not sure why you quoted me in terms of this area of concern. Just so you know, the assistance we (UpstateAl, Gamma, and myself) provide to many, many streamers is in the form of getting the word out to our over 5K subscribers about a significant event being streamed and, when needed, moderating. We also help train them, if necessary, on how to use the ustream moderating features so that, if need be, they can eventually either do their own moderating or train others in this regard. This is all done in an effort to get as many proficient streamers as we can out there promoting our sport. We do this all free of charge to those that have shown that they are selfless stalwart proponents of bringing our sport to the populous.

In terms of who commentates --> that is, as it should be, totally up to whomever is putting the event on. In this case that is Mark Cantrill (TWheels on stream and bfdlad at AZ). Mr. Cantrill calls the shots in terms of what the commentators, moderators and broadcasters (streamers) are to do -- sets the ground rules if you will.

I have no doubt this will be an outstanding event with Mr. Cantrill at the helm. We are really looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
UGETTHE6,

Appreciate your input. Not sure why you quoted me in terms of this area of concern. Just so you know, the assistance we (UpstateAl, Gamma, and myself) provide to many, many streamers is in the form of getting the word out to our over 5K subscribers about a significant event being streamed and, when needed, moderating. We also help train them, if necessary, on how to use the ustream moderating features so that, if need be, they can eventually either do their own moderating or train others in this regard. This is all done in an effort to get as many proficient streamers as we can out there promoting our sport. We do this all free of charge to those that have shown that they are selfless stalwart proponents of bringing our sport to the populous.

In terms of who commentates --> that is, as it should be, totally up to whomever is putting the event on. In this case that is Mark Cantrill (TWheels on stream and bfdlad at AZ). Mr. Cantrill calls the shots in terms of what the commentators, moderators and broadcasters (streamers) are to do -- sets the ground rules if you will.

I have no doubt this will be an outstanding event with Mr. Cantrill at the helm. We are really looking forward to this one.
Well thank you sir. I may have some more really good news as far as commentary goes. I am not trying to push out TvMike or his fair lady from the box but if I can get The Earthquake McCready in the booth with Nick Varner I think we enter a different realm. Working on that as I type. What you think of that?? I think it would be awesome. But hey what the hell do I know?

poolaholic2010

one pocket addict no cure
Silver Member
Well thank you sir. I may have some more really good news as far as commentary goes. I am not trying to push out TvMike or his fair lady from the box but if I can get The Earthquake McCready in the booth with Nick Varner I think we enter a different realm. Working on that as I type. What you think of that?? I think it would be awesome. But hey what the hell do I know?

This would be some great commentary by 2 legends hope it can happen

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member

Keith and Nick together would be the nutz. As for Mike's fair lady (Sherodaka), I hope she comes along if for no other reason to watch and learn from these two. Who knows, they may need someone to step-in and relieve someone from time-to-time. It would be a great learning experience for her and become beneficial to us all in the future. She has really made great strides in a very short time and is someone to watch in terms of commentating for sure. Should push come to shove and Keith can't come through, I think she would do a fine job as a sidekick to Nick. After all, the show must go on! Salute :thumbup:.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Most definitely!
Keith McCready will not be able to do it on that date I am afraid to say. However, I do not give up too easy and I will for sure get someone in the booth with Nick that will be a asset to the stream. I will update soon.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Just made one more step in progress that will make this a great event. I have one more thing to handle and then we will be able to make a announcement. Please keep your fingers crossed for this event. We are doing our best to bring you a quality product.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark, you said a mouth full!!

When it's your shot you can talk, when it's my shot you SHUT UP!

I love this statement Mark! Thanks again for all of your wonderful work and time to make this possible for US! I will enjoy this. JA will make quick work of this match up!

Lock N Load.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
OK I hear ya

I love this statement Mark! Thanks again for all of your wonderful work and time to make this possible for US! I will enjoy this. JA will make quick work of this match up!

Lock N Load.

Well Lock , since you are now a Huge Johnny Archer fan I will take some of that action and back my home state and the player with the greatest number of World Pool Championships and US Opens .If you want to keep it friendly and say $20 I know we both have paypal.:wink: