AccurRack Plus 9 On The Spot = Trouble

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
What you fail to realize is what YOU like to watch & what others like to watch may not be one in the same.

9 ball is meant to be a run & gun game with a dash of luck, it was always a gamblers game. Only in the last 15 years or so with the arrival of more Europeans in the sport has it become what it is now. A bunch of slow rolling & safety playing & those style players whining about the break first instituting a box, then alternating breaks & then finally moving the 9 to the spot & lastly Accu-racks in an attempt to try to overcome players that break better.

Charges of the older format of winner breaks, 1 on the spot & breaking from anywhere not being "fair", that it's a breaking contest, blah, blah, blah.

The wing ball was always automatic, so what. Again this is supposed to be a run & gun game, that was always its appeal & I for one hate the bastardization of the game that has transpired. I preferred it when it was a game of big breakers & true ball strikers.

Wow. This is perfect.
I'd throw in bring back 2 foul ball in hand, and get rid of the jump cues as well.
All the stuff that was changed for tv should be void, cause pool and TV, DIED.
Go back to the basics.

Wheels33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bingo! Safety play, while an important part of the game, is only interesting to people who truly understand it. Watching 2 players jockey for bih gets old. Seeing a player put down a 5 pack........ thats something to watch.

See how many you can make before you miss. Not bunt the ball around for 10 minutes and still be in the first game. The public can relate to 'see how many you can make'. I dont know if they can relate to finer points until they 'get' them, if that makes sense.

I agree. I love playing and watching a good safety battle, but the most exciting and talked about thing in pool this year IMO was Shane's 8-0 destruction of Liu Haitao in the World Pool Masters.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The AccuRack and spotting the 9 Ball on the spot is going to cause problems at the US Open.

Watch for it.

It isn't very well thought out.

This will actually lead to a reduction of problems with racking. It's a wise decision in my opinion. I

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all in the break. Running 6-7 balls easy. Make sure 9Ball is played on tight potholes like Diamond and slickest cloth.

Bbutler

topshots.ca
Silver Member
I think we're both right. Of course, the elites will show-up to any event so long as the money justifies it. If you're looking to fill a field larger than that, you'll need to entice the second tier of players. That's when the specifics can become a factor and make no mistake of it, the donors of the world are often the largest fund-raisers in professional pool.

Actually the true pool market has spoken, insofar as whenever you see pros matching up and betting their own money on a match of rotation pool these days, it's almost always a long set of winner break 10-ball (and usually with no jump cues). This pretty clearly shows that that's the game they prefer.

The same in my opinion goes for pool rooms, every time I walk into a room and look around at the serious hobbyists, they're either playing 10-ball or one pocket. 9-ball is fading fast, and it won't be long before it goes the way of the dodo. You can mark my words.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
I agree. I love playing and watching a good safety battle, but the most exciting and talked about thing in pool this year IMO was Shane's 8-0 destruction of Liu Haitao in the World Pool Masters.

Is there video of this? Can't find it on YouTube

Ben

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Go to your table. Set the accurack. Put the 9 on the spot. Then add the other balls.

Report back.

Would love to see it.. based on the geometry you load front to back and push so the balls interlock... I have at least 30 world class players with them in hand getting ready for this weekend.. Maybe you figured something out maybe you did not... I won't know until I see it or try it.... Until then I have enough to worry about....

Ohhhh there will be no spot so if you are doing it in your room and elevating the 9ball... bzzzzzt wrong answer.. We already know about the lining up of equators....

The spot will be under the 1....

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Actually the true pool market has spoken, insofar as whenever you see pros matching up and betting their own money on a match of rotation pool these days, it's almost always a long set of winner break 10-ball (and usually with no jump cues). This pretty clearly shows that that's the game they prefer.

The same in my opinion goes for pool rooms, every time I walk into a room and look around at the serious hobbyists, they're either playing 10-ball or one pocket. 9-ball is fading fast, and it won't be long before it goes the way of the dodo. You can mark my words.

You're right. Most of the top players over the last 5 years or so have stated they want 10 ball with no jump cues. Johnnyt