Older Predator shaft question

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Predator ever build a spliced shaft and not put any markings on it?

I have four Predator shafts, #1 is a real early solid maple pre cat with 314 only on it, #2 is a spliced shaft that has the 314 stamp only on it, and #3 is a spliced cat shaft that has the 314 and cat image on it.

I recently bought what was represented to me the be a Predator shaft but it has no markings on it at all. It is a spliced shaft that appears to be identical to my other spliced shafts and the ferrule appearance and length appear to be identical to the others. This is a 3/8-14 for a Schon cue. Two shafts have sliver rings, two don't and the unmarked shaft has a silver ring on it. As best I can tell, the splices in all seemed to be the same size.

The shaft seems to hit like my others so it's not a big issue, I was just wondering if Predator built any of these with no markings on them. Maybe a factory blem not intended to be sold?

Thanks

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
You can buy a partial, it doesn't have a joint, and finish it up. Those don't come with markings.

Los Gatos Taki

Registered
From what I best remember, in their early days, Predator was just making their shafts to fit various brands of cues. One could contact Predator, tell the your cue make and model, and they would build a shaft with a joint to fit your cue. Most or all of these shafts had no markings. Later, even when Predator began selling Predator cues, many of their early cue models had no markings on their shafts. I believe, in their early years, they experimented with 6 splice, 8 splice, and 10 splice cue shafts. It is very possible to have a Predator shaft with no markings.