Thermostat setting for Gabriels Imperator 10' table

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is an acceptable temperature range for the thermostat on a Gabriels Imperator 10' table. I have seen wide ranges listed. I would also be curious to know the proper table height from the floor to the top rail surface.

table.jpg

bctf1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
30" to top of slate from the floor, and I set mine at 38 degrees c

Thanks for your reply Shayne87. So with a rail height of 36 - 38mm (according to a previous post by yesyura) that would put the overall table height at approximately 31.5" from the floor if my math is right.

Also, 38C is a little warmer than I would have guessed.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have always read that the heater should be set to 5 degrees c over the room temperature (about 9 degrees f), so the actual setting would depend on the temp of the room.

As far as height, 31.5" seems a little high by maybe 1" or so, but I'm not sure what is official. You don't want it to be too low (like 29") because it would be hard on people's backs. Seeing that the rails on a 3c table are a little higher than a pool table I would guess 30.5" would be close.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have always read that the heater should be set to 5 degrees c over the room temperature (about 9 degrees f), so the actual setting would depend on the temp of the room.

As far as height, 31.5" seems a little high by maybe 1" or so, but I'm not sure what is official. You don't want it to be too low (like 29") because it would be hard on people's backs. Seeing that the rails on a 3c table are a little higher than a pool table I would guess 30.5" would be close.

I asked the man himself, Mazin Shooni. This is what he said:

"The temperature should be at 80f no more then that ,
The height of the table should be 31 or 32 inches based on the model of the Table"

So I guess no more than 27 degree c (a hair less actually).

Good luck

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What is an acceptable temperature range for the thermostat on a Gabriels Imperator 10' table. I have seen wide ranges listed. I would also be curious to know the proper table height from the floor to the top rail surface.

View attachment 505385
The rules of carom billiards on the UMB website actually specify a height:

The hight of the billiard measured from the ground to the surface which reframes the billiard must be between 75 and 80 cm.

In inches that 29.5 to 31.5 inches from the floor to the top of the rail.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 505385

The conventional wisdom is 5 degrees C (9 degrees F) over the ambient room temperature. So if your ambient temperature is 72F you should be shooting for 81F, or about 27C.