Chip-TRex update..................

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12-11 Tony. This is the WWF of one-hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe as a even battle but the play yesterday overall has been sub par so far , started out today good but lots of mistakes you wouldn't expect at this level

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
My point is if your horse smoked, would you deprive him of nicotine because you were betting 20k? No you would buy him a pack of cigarettes... if your player played pool regularly while drinking a few beers, then I would certainly want him to have a few while playing for my money... whatever a players “normal “ is ...

A few or 15?

Glad you are enjoying it, my bets are enjoying it too!

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few or 15?

Glad you are enjoying it, my bets are enjoying it too!

Good job betting on tony vs. chip even 1 pocket lol...that was a real tough decision. I,m surprised you took a break from hanging from your boycrush fillers nuts long enough to bet on that tough decision(chohan) lol...you are simply an asshole buddy,and i,m pretty sure i,m not the only person who feels this way...i simply tried to educate you that people want their players in the state they usually play in and you can,t refrain from making smartass comments.let me know when you grow a pair and want to do something yourself like play golf,poker,etc...(and not bet on your idols,bet on yourself) i,m gonna try to ignore you going forward,but you have your nose in everything so it,ll be hard to avoid you . Keep on picking those tough 80 percent favorites and telling the world how smart you are.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, just as a casual observer.... It seems that Chip comes out of the gates very good and has a few beers according to the updates. Later, after a few(possibly too many) more beers he seems to taper off and Tony pulls away. That has been the theme in the first 2 days.
Will Chip make an adjustment on day 3? Let's wait and see......

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So, just as a casual observer.... It seems that Chip comes out of the gates very good and has a few beers according to the updates. Later, after a few(possibly too many) more beers he seems to taper off and Tony pulls away. That has been the theme in the first 2 days.
Will Chip make an adjustment on day 3? Let's wait and see......

Didnt you read the post above yours? Getting off to a 3 game lead and then having a bunch of beers makes him play better.:rolleyes:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Good job betting on tony vs. chip even 1 pocket lol...that was a real tough decision. I,m surprised you took a break from hanging from your boycrush fillers nuts long enough to bet on that tough decision(chohan) lol...you are simply an asshole buddy,and i,m pretty sure i,m not the only person who feels this way...i simply tried to educate you that people want their players in the state they usually play in and you can,t refrain from making smartass comments.let me know when you grow a pair and want to do something yourself like play golf,poker,etc...(and not bet on your idols,bet on yourself) i,m gonna try to ignore you going forward,but you have your nose in everything so it,ll be hard to avoid you . Keep on picking those tough 80 percent favorites and telling the world how smart you are.

Somebody's little feelings are hurt.

I've bet on a lot more people than Tony and Filler and seem to have a pretty good track record, how about you? Did you bet on your hero Chip, or did you pass because you know he's going to have 15 beers during the match?

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

I've bet on a lot more people than Tony and Filler and seem to have a pretty good track record, how about you? Did you bet on your hero Chip, or did you pass because you know he's going to have 15 beers during the match?

Was he really drinking like that? Besides the drunk factor (some people may be able to play their best?) is the bladder factor. Unless he’s one of those inhuman types that can drink a 30 pack before breaking the seal. I’d be hitting up the bathroom every 10 minutes, and be driven to distraction.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Was he really drinking like that? Besides the drunk factor (some people may be able to play their best?) is the bladder factor. Unless he’s one of those inhuman types that can drink a 30 pack before breaking the seal. I’d be hitting up the bathroom every 10 minutes, and be driven to distraction.

The announcers kept saying, oh it's good he's taking a break, and I'm like he's gotta piss you dummies.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason I play out of the same room as TONY and we are good friends... so who do you think I’m up with. I recall people remarking about how you always say you have bets with overwhelming favorites in matches, but nobody an ever find who you bet with? Care to tell us who took chip EVEN vs. tony?? Enjoy the rest of your day and be careful how you talk to me behind that keyboard, you don’t want to go too far over a pool match. I simply tried to tell you that chip drinks a little ( your interpretation of how much someone should or shouldn’t have isn’t important) I’ve never had a problem with other people’s decisions with what they do in their life, why do you feel the need to criticize someone and try to instigate trouble possibly between them and their backer??

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Jason I play out of the same room as TONY and we are good friends... so who do you think I’m up with. I recall people remarking about how you always say you have bets with overwhelming favorites in matches, but nobody an ever find who you bet with? Care to tell us who took chip EVEN vs. tony?? Enjoy the rest of your day and be careful how you talk to me behind that keyboard, you don’t want to go too far over a pool match. I simply tried to tell you that chip drinks a little ( your interpretation of how much someone should or shouldn’t have isn’t important) I’ve never had a problem with other people’s decisions with what they do in their life, why do you feel the need to criticize someone and try to instigate trouble possibly between them and their backer??

Be careful how I talk to you??? You're the one running your mouth to me and now you're threatening me tuff guy?

I have 2 bets even for $200 each with 2 people in the action room, do you know where the action room is?

I'll make whatever observations I want about a match and what's going on, anybody watching the stream saw him drinking the entire match on day 1, I had to work so only watched about an hr yesterday and probably wont be able to watch at all today.

If his backer doesn't know what's going on then that's on him - apparently I'm an idiot, so why would he listen to what I'm saying anyway?

Edit: it was Tony minus 2

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Another thing, Chip can get away with drinking all night against most players, Tony, Alex, Shane, Frost, Danny, are probably players he should think twice about doing that against.

Why do you think Tony slowed way down? I would bet it was to let Chip get more and more juiced up, and I dont blame him one bit. That's obviously not Tony's normal game and even the commentators mentioned that.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The point is you are calling into question the character of a person/player that is probably one of the most respected and well liked people in the pool world. In a world where pool players are ( rightfully so) questioned about their trustworthiness and character, chip is one of the guys you NEVER hear a bad word spoken about from fans/ friends/ or other pool players. You bringing up “wonder what his backer thinks” is uncalled for and just confirms to me your character. Why can’t you just bet on a match if that’s what you wanna do, and leave others personal lives alone? It’s just who “you” are though, it seems.. the same guy who makes fun of elderly people like dean Campbell who has contributed more to the pool world than most financially and his stories etc... I don’t know why I let people like you bother me so much but I do lol. Have a great day and by the way, hip isn’t my hero, YOU are!! . You only pick winners, pick on the elderly , only bet on others instead of yourself... who wouldn’t wanna e THAT GUY. I’ll wait for your smart aleck, childish, comeback about how great and smart you are and how everyone else is beneath you. Please don’t surprise me and simply move on , I would hate for you prove to me that you can do that.( that is something I actually would bet on lol)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The point is you are calling into question the character of a person/player that is probably one of the most respected and well liked people in the pool world. In a world where pool players are ( rightfully so) questioned about their trustworthiness and character, chip is one of the guys you NEVER hear a bad word spoken about from fans/ friends/ or other pool players. You bringing up “wonder what his backer thinks” is uncalled for and just confirms to me your character. Why can’t you just bet on a match if that’s what you wanna do, and leave others personal lives alone? It’s just who “you” are though, it seems.. the same guy who makes fun of elderly people like dean Campbell who has contributed more to the pool world than most financially and his stories etc... I don’t know why I let people like you bother me so much but I do lol. Have a great day and by the way, hip isn’t my hero, YOU are!! . You only pick winners, pick on the elderly , only bet on others instead of yourself... who wouldn’t wanna e THAT GUY. I’ll wait for your smart aleck, childish, comeback about how great and smart you are and how everyone else is beneath you. Please don’t surprise me and simply move on , I would hate for you prove to me that you can do that.( that is something I actually would bet on lol)

Lol. I talk to Dean quite a bit, once again proving you know nothing.

I'm not attacking Chip, just pointing out a reason he may be at the score he is at now. I dont care what he, or anybody else does with their lives, and if you knew me, you would never question my integrity, I also wouldn't have the job I have(29 years) if that were in question.

Again, anybody watching the stream was well aware of it.

Everybody on here comments on matches and what went wrong and right for each player, Tony is not an opponent to be taken lightly and it's not everyday Chip matches up with other top players for 20k, it's something he might want to consider.

I see no reason why Chip could not win this match, I just think that may be contributing to the score. That's just my opinion, and I dont care if you like it or not.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if I dont agree with somebody I'm a know it all, but the person disagreeing isnt? You dont see the irony in that?

Anyway, I have nothing against you and if I upset you with my observation I didnt intend to, i just try to be as honest as i can at all times.

Btw, I bumped the bets to the top in the action room and I forgot it was Chip + 2, I have Tony. I also dont know who you talked to but I regularly have hundreds to a few thousand bet on matches. I believe my biggest win was 3,700 on a Calcutta, I picked #1, 2, and 4 I believe.

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m not threatening anyone.. lol I have stage 4 cancer and I am gonna be a tuffguy? I’m just saying you love to sit behind a keyboard and talk about other people from a distance. And brag about your win/loss record while picking players who are 80 percent favorites... how does that make you smart??? It just means whoever takes chip even vs. tony either HATES their money or simply has nothing better to do. You should take action when people will give you those types of bets , but does that make you smart? I’ll take San Francisco even this weekend and I will take Kansas City even vs the titans... if someone gave me action on these games should I boast about my win/loss record taking prohibitive favorites??? I’ll stop if you will...

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol. I talk to Dean quite a bit, once again proving you know nothing.

I'm not attacking Chip, just pointing out a reason he may be at the score he is at now. I dont care what he, or anybody else does with their lives, and if you knew me, you would never question my integrity, I also wouldn't have the job I have(29 years) if that were in question.

Again, anybody watching the stream was well aware of it.

Everybody on here comments on matches and what went wrong and right for each player, Tony is not an opponent to be taken lightly and it's not everyday Chip matches up with other top players for 20k, it's something he might want to consider.

I see no reason why Chip could not win this match, I just think that may be contributing to the score. That's just my opinion, and I dont care if you like it or not.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and if I dont agree with somebody I'm a know it all, but the person disagreeing isnt? You dont see the irony in that?

Anyway, I have nothing against you and if I upset you with my observation I didnt intend to, i just try to be as honest as i can at all times.

Btw, I bumped the bets to the top in the action room and I forgot it was Chip + 2, I have Tony. I also dont know who you talked to but I regularly have hundreds to a few thousand bet on matches. I believe my biggest win was 3,700 on a Calcutta, I picked #1, 2, and 4 I believe.

I’m gonna stop here ok. Congratulations on your wins and I’m glad that “you don’t are” what your comments might or might not do to relationships between chip and his backers( regardless of what a commentator may or may not have said) I don’t watch pool unless in person and I have seen chip Compton and Joey gray play hundreds of times and drinking some beer is the norm, my point that you haven’t commented on once, is just that. Would you want a player you were backing to do something completely DIFFERENT from what They regularly do while playing? How would you feel/think if your player got up there and DIDNT do whatever they normally do when playing? What do you think the narrative would be then? I think you know.. do you think Scotty Townsend (rip) or Keith mccready or Tony Watson would play a BIG set without what ever they normally played with/on?of course not.. so why would chip?