check out this rare find!

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
check out this rare find! - pics are up!

SOLD

Custom Mike Sigel cue, signed 96'. i recently won this cue in a raffle so i will pass on all the information i can which i was told, and that i can figure out by looking at the cue. THIS IS NOT A JAPANESE MADE MODEL. this cue was made by mike himself and signed in 1996. This cue was a custom order, not one of the line of cues Mike created shortly thereafter, all of which had the same slotted silver ringwork and came with one shaft only.the forearm and butt are ebony (gabon ebony i believe). the butt has 4 turquoise boxes, boardered in ivory with a large diamond shaped ivory inlay in each box. also on the butt is 4 more ivory shaped diamonds with a floating turqoise point above and below each. the rings on top and bottom of the butt sleave are double silver rings with a stitch of diamond shaped ivory between. black and white irish linen wrap. the forearm has 4 long points of turqoise, each one segmented in the middle by an small ivory diamond and one large ivory diamond in the base of the point. between the points are 8 turquoise floating points with a large ivory diamond between them. the ring at the top of the cue matches the ones on the butt sleeve. the cue has a 3/8-10 pin and two shafts with matching ring work. everything is straight together and apart. the cue appears to be brand new but i cant say 100% for sure. all told this cue has over 100 inlays of ivory and turqoise. i have a ton of pictures of the cue posted to show it as best as i could (there are two posts with pictures). i was told the cue is worth over $2500. I am taking offers of cash and trade or any combination of both. cues i am most interested in are cogs, josey, and scruggs but i will listen to all offers. the total weight of this cue is a little over 20oz. i cant describe the hit because i never shot with it, as i feel someone may want this brand new as a collectors item. SOLDthe bluebook puts the value of this cue somewhere between 2k - 3k

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 794
  • IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
more pics

sorry about that, but i figured it out now

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 779

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Nice...

Very nice..

I hope you do well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a Sigel hit 1k in a long time. I hope I am wrong for you.

Last one sold on ebay for 570.00 but it was not as nice as yours IMO.. haha.

Felix

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
My imagination is pretty good...its EXACTLY like I pictured it....

Its nice...good luck on your sale Mr. Longoni!

jjollie

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Very nice cue. Mike made some of the niciest cues. Good luck with your sale.

I wish I had 1500.00.I have come to realize that my life is full of wishes!
I wonder if anyone else has this problem..lol.

shotmaker

Banned
Rating - 90.9%
10   1   0
Nic e

Mike still makes these, he's in Sanford Florida. I use to stop by his shop once in awhile and see what he was creating. Blud set him up to make cues, sold him his equipment, and taught him most of what he knows about making cues.
He originally tried selling these cues for $3000, but i never saw any of them sell for anywhere over $1000 and this was probably back in the late 90"s. He put's some work into them, but they really don't have any resell value, especially in these times of out economy.

Goodluck on the sale!

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
a little more information

mike sigel made 3 "levels" of custom cues. the first was his true custom cues, which have the ring work you see in the cue i have here. these were custom ordered and made cues that are worth significantly more than the next 2 levels. the second was his line of custom cues. the all had silver dashed ring work and 1 shaft. these were a line of cues that were produced and sold. i guess you can call them semi-custom. the third is the cues which were mass produced overseas which are at the very low end of the price scale. all the cues that were sold on ebay for $500 - $1000were his custom line of cues, not his original custom cues.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
nice player

I had the chance to shoot with Jimmy Wetch's - Mike Sigel, and about 4 differen't shafts at 300 each. mark

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Custom Mike Sigel cue, signed 96'. i recently won this cue in a raffle so i will pass on all the information i can which i was told, and that i can figure out by looking at the cue. THIS IS NOT A JAPANESE MADE MODEL. this cue was made by mike himself and signed in 1996. This cue was a custom order, not one of the line of cues Mike created shortly thereafter, all of which had the same slotted silver ringwork and came with one shaft only.the forearm and butt are ebony (gabon ebony i believe). the butt has 4 turquoise boxes, boardered in ivory with a large diamond shaped ivory inlay in each box. also on the butt is 4 more ivory shaped diamonds with a floating turqoise point above and below each. the rings on top and bottom of the butt sleave are double silver rings with a stitch of diamond shaped ivory between. black and white irish linen wrap. the forearm has 4 long points of turqoise, each one segmented in the middle by an small ivory diamond and one large ivory diamond in the base of the point. between the points are 8 turquoise floating points with a large ivory diamond between them. the ring at the top of the cue matches the ones on the butt sleeve. the cue has a 3/8-10 pin and two shafts with matching ring work. everything is straight together and apart. the cue appears to be brand new but i cant say 100% for sure. all told this cue has over 100 inlays of ivory and turqoise. i have a ton of pictures of the cue posted to show it as best as i could (there are two posts with pictures). i was told the cue is worth over $2500. I am taking offers of cash and trade or any combination of both. cues i am most interested in are cogs, josey, and scruggs but i will listen to all offers. the total weight of this cue is a little over 20oz. i cant describe the hit because i never shot with it, as i feel someone may want this brand new as a collectors item. please PM me with reasonable offers (im hoping to get about 1500). the bluebook puts the value of this cue somewhere between 2k - 3k

Good Luck with your sale, there is certainly a great deal of work in that cue for the price.

Take care

phinmole

www.phinmole.com
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
89   0   0
Definitely underrated...IMO

I have had a couple of his 2400-2500.00 cues and actually paid 900 for one a while back. They hit great. I never understood why they did not retain value.

Shrug.. great looking and great hitting. Go figure. I have one of his cheaper model cues in my collection. Originally sold for 1500 MSRP, I think I paid 500 for it. Probably would be lucky to get close to that now, but it hits so well I won't sell unless its a necessity. Great cues! Good luck with your sale! If I had an extra 1500 I would be all over this one.

Felix

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
thanks for all the kind words

thanks for all the kind words everybody. the cue really is a beauty. somebody will end up getting a steal on this on and turn a nice profit if they hold on to it until the economy swings again. i dont have the patience to collect cues, i either shoot with them, or sell em'!

Tony Longoni

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
keep the offers comming

i got some interesting trade offers so far that i am considering, but of course cash is king. so keep the trades or cash offers comming.