Kamui - ed OUT

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first batch sold for $25 - the OP indicates he bought it from Kamui for £10, so that's $15 a cube the retailers are making or 150% mark-up...no wonder it's so damn expensive!

I am pretty sure that when I went back and read what the org. poster said it was that he bought it for $10.00 per block or cube.

TheThaiger

Banned
I am pretty sure that when I went back and read what the org. poster said it was that he bought it for $10.00 per block or cube.

Yes, that's what I said - if the OP buys/bought it for $10, retailers are/were making a 150% mark-up.

Whether this is true or not I do not know.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
just a mathmatical way of looking at it...

for example:
masters cost about 3.25 per dozen = $0.27 per piece
kamui cost about [i heard recently] = $35.00 per piece

therefore:
35.00/0.27 = 129.63 times the cost of masters

or said another way, kamui = 12,962.96% more than masters

looking at it another way:
let's say you buy a beer at a cost of $3.50 at league
with the kind of mark-up that kumui is over masters
you could have a better beer [like with kamui's mark up] of a cost of $453.70

and that reflects the same percentages!

me, i'll stick with masters and the $3.50 beer...
but to each their own

all the best,
smokey

tjohio85

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
kamui tips

I heard a lot of you saying you think their tips are hard well I always played with moree medium ive switched to a brown kamui soft and now I have one on four different shafts their great they are just like the old moree mediums.

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui should give a deal on a tip and chalk cube combo.
They might earn a bit more business that way getting more folks using their chalk.

For now, an Emerald/ Master combo has me smiling.

Why in the world would they do that? When they can just keep raising the prices and people will keep buying it. It is a total joke if you ask me -- it is premium pricing BS.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I haven't tried Kamui Chalk so I can't say anything about its effectiveness.

But, I have never had any issues with Masters chalk. I chalk often as part of my PSR and only miscue, deservedly, when I have a brain cramp. I never felt like "Wow I hit that well but still miscued due to chalk malfunction" :D