Ronnie O'sullivan green stuff "chalk"

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand people using Master. You all say it's cheap and given for free at pool balls and bars but why not spend a few dollars. I mean you paid for your cue, give it good chalk.

I use Great White OG Thresher and can't see myself using anything else. For cosmetic grade it's cheaper than it's competition and I chalk once per inning and never have any issues. Could be 1 shot, could be 20, but never enters my mind to have to worry about it.

Why do you think Great White OG Thresher is better than Master? can you prove it.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie has used Triangle chalk since he started. He's smart enough to know that if something else wasn't better immediately then go back to what has worked for ever. Elk's and Triangle have helped make him just a little pile of $$.

I play with elkmasters too. I dont have any problems Taom miscues. I just see laminated tip users to miscue sometimes. What Earl said about laminates when he was visiting in Finland: He believes laminated tips miscue easy because of glue between layers. He also said he misses shot coz laminated tips "deflect" funny sometimes. That why Earl also prefer Elkmaster.. I feel same way. I played couple years with laminated tips and tried all kinda brands but when went back to Elk I was so happy. Felt like coming home from long, bad trip.

Have you tried Taom? people seem to bash anything without even trying. I did not believe it too first. Then when i got it and saw that i get zero clings. I was sold.

But on Ronnie. It does not matter what he uses. What he believes is best for him.. it is. There can´t be any doubt. I don´t even know what chalk he was testing but Green Taom is not so good as white 2.0 or Pyro. That green one miss some grip. IMO ofc.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like pyro for my home table to keep the table clean. I’m giving the mezz smart chalk a try at the pool hall just because I like the set up with the holder/magnets. Appears to cover well, but still need to do more testing.

I do the same. Pyro at home and noticed no blueing on my bridge hand like I get with all other chalks. My only miscues are stroke related, like being too lazy to grab my bridge on a long shot or trying to do too much with the CB.

Triangle is good chalk and I do think the green is better but bought some blue before all of this. It will probably be my outside chalk whenever halls get to open in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with elkmasters too. I dont have any problems Taom miscues. I just see laminated tip users to miscue sometimes. What Earl said about laminates when he was visiting in Finland: He believes laminated tips miscue easy because of glue between layers. He also said he misses shot coz laminated tips "deflect" funny sometimes. That why Earl also prefer Elkmaster.. I feel same way. I played couple years with laminated tips and tried all kinda brands but when went back to Elk I was so happy. Felt like coming home from long, bad trip.

Have you tried Taom? people seem to bash anything without even trying. I did not believe it too first. Then when i got it and saw that i get zero clings. I was sold.

But on Ronnie. It does not matter what he uses. What he believes is best for him.. it is. There can´t be any doubt. I don´t even know what chalk he was testing but Green Taom is not so good as white 2.0 or Pyro. That green one miss some grip. IMO ofc.
I like BlueDiamond and i would NEVER pay that kind of $$ for chalk. EVER. Also, i've had very few issues with laminated tips. A couple have glazed kinda quick but since i've used Ultraskins and Thoroughbreds(great tips btw) i've had zero issues. To me Elkmasters feel like a wad of chewing gum. Never have liked that soft hit. Way to mushy/spongey to me. Apples-n-oranges. We all like something.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in hindsight it seems like a poor trade-off. i've seen more kicks in this ongoing match than in all other matches combined.

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching the final 8 games of his semifinal today I'm channeling When Harry Met Sally - "I'll have what he's having!"

Incredible.