Epoxy seal coat

tomatoetom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What should I use to clean seal coat before finish coat on a butt? I used epoxy for seal coat.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
sand it until it's smooth........ use 100 grit to size it and 220 to finish before the clear coat goes on.........

Kim

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
https://www.finditparts.com/products/8217171/grow-automotive-1705-1?srcid=CHL01SCL010-Npla-Dmdt-Gusa-Svbr-Mmuu-K8217171-L71&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-OX_k9mY6wIVUR-tBh0BdAEJEAYYAiABEgJzT_D_BwE

I used Dupont Final Kleen for years but because of their pricing have searched for reasonably priced alternatives. This one works just as well and I can pick up at my local auto body supply house. LT can work in a pinch but can sometimes leave a residue behind that may show up under a top coating on darker woods.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I usually just use water. But i have to wait a little while before applying the finish.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
I usually just use water. But i have to wait a little while before applying the finish.

Just out of curiosity I was wondering do some or most of you use tack cloth like a lot of automotive paint shops before you apply your finishes. Not trying to hijack the thread just thought it might also pertain to the question.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Do you do multiple applications? I use water on cutting boards to raise the grain but I do it a few times so if/when water does penetrate it doesn't swell. Clearly water should not be penetrating the finish of cue, I was just curious?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity I was wondering do some or most of you use tack cloth like a lot of automotive paint shops before you apply your finishes. Not trying to hijack the thread just thought it might also pertain to the question.

Yes, very lightly just to make sure there is no lint before I spray.