Coin shortage in the US. Bar boxes?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a coin shortage in the US currently. How do you think this will effect coin op bar boxes?

Will let you guys google to find out more info. I know next to nothing about the economy.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a coin shortage in the US currently. How do you think this will effect coin op bar boxes?

Will let you guys google to find out more info. I know next to nothing about the economy.

You do know that the coins don’t disappear when you put them in the slot, it isn’t like throwing them down a wishing well.

Geez, you gotta start paying attention.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You do know that the coins don’t disappear when you put them in the slot, it isn’t like throwing them down a wishing well.

Geez, you gotta start paying attention.

If thats true please explain, how do you get them back out of that skinny slot then????? :D:D

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I don't know how to get the coins back, but there is a crew of pool players that can get dollars back from car washes, and get the quarters too.

If thats true please explain, how do you get them back out of that skinny slot then????? :D:D

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pay-by-card tables have almost zero upside for the business owner.

If the logistics of scraping together cash for quarters is too complicated, ask the bartender if they can add an open sale to your food/beverage check and cash it out in quarters.

If you don’t eat or drink, you may want to seriously rethink all the griping.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am totally confused. Do I have to spoon feed you guys information or what? At the moment there is a coin shortage. So that means if I went to a bank like I did earlier today and asked for 20 dollar bill exchanged for 2 rolls of quarters they could not do it. How do you believe this will Affect coin op tables? The majority of coin op tables where I live have a bill reader but some do not. They only take quarters.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It is unfathomable that someone who bases their entire existence around The Lion King does not understand the circle of life of a quarter.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is unfathomable that someone who bases their entire existence around The Lion King does not understand the circle of life of a quarter.

What makes you think my entire existence is based around the lion king? I am curious what lead you to this conclusion?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

Even some of the businesses that have stayed open are choosing to handle far less paper money and coin. For example, the Whole Foods where I shop has disallowed, during Covid, the use of cash and also does not offer cash back on credit card purchases.

The article suggests that once the pandemic is over, the supply of coin will return to previous levels, but who can be sure?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
He's raised (lowered?) the bar again with this one. At first it was discouraging to see us all get sucked into his personal troll fest, but now it's just sad that he seems to have made it his full time hobby.

Sent from the future.

MooseKnuckle

Registered
It's part of the Master Plan : ;)

One coin to rule them all

one-coin-to-rule-them-all.jpg

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the OP, you’re not old enough to remember, but here goes.

Here’s a quarter, call someone who cares.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Hobby hell. When you post as good and often as this cat does AZB pays you to post. Ask around.

Who all is getting paid here?