Reload this Page how to know exact were to put the foot spot sticker
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
how to know exact were to put the foot spot sticker
Old
  (#1)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

how to know exact were to put the foot spot sticker - 09-10-2020, 08:18 PM

The table is missing a foot spot sticker and I got one to install on it. How do I know exact were it should go . Is there a precise measurement , Thanks

Old
  (#2)
ThinSlice
AzB Silver Member
ThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 08:33 PM

Using the center of the sticker you line that up with the short rail second diamond and the center diamond of the short rail or the center diamond of the foot rail. Easier to understand on a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#3)
ThinSlice
AzB Silver Member
ThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond reputeThinSlice has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 08:36 PM

Name:  IMG_1713.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  45.0 KBName:  IMG_1715.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  38.5 KBName:  IMG_1714.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  47.1 KBName:  IMG_1716.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  42.3 KB

Old
  (#4)
straightline
AzB Silver Member
straightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond reputestraightline has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 08:38 PM

If you're that CERNed, put crosshairs on the spot and lay chalklines across the spot spot. Oh yeah, that ^^^ too. (slow pics)

Old
  (#5)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-10-2020, 08:40 PM

String or floss and some tape will also find that exact center too.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Last edited by Black-Balled; 09-11-2020 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Not don't find fix. Yuhknowit

Old
  (#6)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-10-2020, 08:49 PM

I put a piece of kite string on the exact center of the diamond marker, and stuck it there with some tape. Did it across the table. Then used a square resting on the bed cloth to barely touch the string, and mark on the cloth that where that string line is.

I actually drew lines on the entire table using this method. So my cloth has all the grid lines of each diamond with thin magic marker. I also bought a long straight edge from Home Depot for like $20, and cut it to the exact length so it fit right under the cushions, so I can mark a line all the way across the table in one motion.

Old
  (#7)
ThinSlice
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
String or floss and some tape will also don't that exact center too.

Thatís pretty much what I do when I set up the table. I use string on the width and a laser for the length.

I just literally did the rack outline. What does everyone think of doing the rack outline? Name:  Image1599796366.314880.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  36.2 KBMy cloth I am changing this weekend so I wanted to see how it looks first.

Old
  (#8)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-10-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
The table is missing a foot spot sticker and I got one to install on it. How do I know exact were it should go . Is there a precise measurement , Thanks
The mechanics I know have two strings with weights on each end. They lay one on the center line and one across the foot string diamonds, then those crosshairs are the exact center of the spot.

Thin Slice, the rack outline looks great. What did you use to mark it? I like the light color.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 09-10-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Old
  (#9)
Mick
AzB Silver Member
Mick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond reputeMick has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinSlice View Post
I just literally did the rack outline. What does everyone think of doing the rack outline?
It's a must if you want to play straight pool, but I'd do it regardless. I wish pool halls would do this as standard.

Old
  (#10)
ThinSlice
AzB Silver Member

09-10-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
The mechanics I know have two strings with weights on each end. They lay one on the center line and one across the foot string diamonds, then those crosshairs are the exact center of the spot.

Thin Slice, the rack outline looks great. What did you use to mark it? I like the light color.

Hi Tate, here is what I use on my tables. I like white better than black on most colors for sure. Easier on the eyes and classier in my opinion. Name:  IMG_0201.JPG
Views: 341
Size:  42.0 KB

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#11)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

09-10-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinSlice View Post
Hi Tate, here is what I use on my tables. I like white better than black on most colors for sure. Easier on the eyes and classier in my opinion. Attachment 557224

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums
Well done, thanks!

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#12)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-10-2020, 11:39 PM

The rack outline looks terrible. It is more of a distraction than an aid.
If anything, just a single rack outline is all that’s needed but this one
looks awful. Maybe others find it helpful & unobtrusive but not IMO.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#13)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2020, 03:28 AM

I was told this, just two weeks ago by Dave Isaccs, 10 yr factory Diamond table installer.

He measures the distance between the nose of the two long rails two diamonds out from the foot.

Half that distance is your distance from the foot nose center spot to the spot.

Talked with Massey this last week, tho he see's the table allot different than us all.

He said in his mind, he draws an X. Meaning a line from the center of the corner pocket to the center of the opposing side pocket, and vise versa.

The intersection of these two lines gives him the spot.

That's a perspective I've not thought of for many decades. I'm sure many here have offered up what's right.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#14)
8cree
AzB Silver Member

8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute8cree has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2020, 03:33 AM

Question already answered.

... behind every good man, there's a woman rolling her eyes

9b on spot....??
Old
  (#15)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

9b on spot....?? - 09-11-2020, 04:34 AM

Another spot question: How much further out is the location for the front ball when placing 9ball on the spot? I guess what i'm asking is how far from the center of the 9b is the center of the head ball. Thanx

Last edited by garczar; 09-11-2020 at 05:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: