My New Hercek: Harry Potter themed Cue

Billiardscollec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is my brand Spanking New Joel Hercek Cue. I picked it up on Monday 11/12/18, I waited well over a decade and drove 9 hours each way for this cue. I call it the Hercek Deathly Hallows Cue or affectionately "The Elderwand". Harry Potter fans will understand. All white is natural materials. Amboyna Burl Segmented Handle. Ebony on Ebony and tons of Deathly Hallows Symbols. 2-30 inch shafts and 1-29 inch shaft. The thing I like about the Deathly Hallows Symbols is that they look like a ball, a cue and a triangle(rack) also, so they naturally fit in with pool. Windows on the bottom were engraved by Joel and are trying to show the "Hallows" individually: The Cloak of invisibility is things that wraps around. The Elderwand is the straight thing that the cloak wraps around, Chose to put more Deathly Hallows symbols instead of the resurrection stone. (More Harry Potter babbling). Even the joint collars have tiny Deathly Hallows symbols. Cue weighs 19.8 oz. Joel did a fantastic job!!!! This cue is sweet. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• HDH1.jpg
    HDH1.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 2,192
  • HDH2.jpg
    HDH2.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 1,783
  • HDH4.jpg
    HDH4.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,727
  • HDH6.jpg
    HDH6.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,738
  • HDH8.jpg
    HDH8.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1,762
Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Great theme and some of the finest work available.

Congrats!

(I recognized the Elderwand right away... Just recently binge watched all the HP movies in order... Great series!)

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
One of the nicest cues l seen in awhile!
Congrats to you & to Joel for building it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just stunning. Joel is a master craftsman. Congrats.

9Ballhunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Masterpiece!!!!
One of the finest designs I have seen in a while and with the theme connected it will be a museum piece for sure!

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don’t know a thing about Harry Potter, but the cue looks stunning. Joel is a master and one of the best cuemakers to work with. Congrats!

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge congratulations. Joel is the best to work with and in execution. I love the HP theme.

Scott

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
My girl friend is in love with you'r cue! absolutely fantastic idea and design, tasteful and elegant, just wow :thumbup:

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
That cue there is a one of a lifetime. Everything works together for that cue.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great addition to your collection. Congratulations to you and Joel for seeing this idea through.

Billiardscollec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More information.

1) From the picture I uploaded, if you zoom in, you can see that the joint collars line up very well when the cue is assembled.
2) I waited MORE than 10 years for this cue, so yeah quite some time but worth the wait. And I gained a friend.
3) Joel built this cue with a purpose. He wanted a cue that could stand on its own for the Non Harry Potter Fans. Based on the feedback, I think he succeeded.
4) You can download a picture of the cue to appease the girlfriend.

Attachments

• Pic 1157 Snipped.jpg
    Pic 1157 Snipped.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 249

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Cue

Beautiful cue,enjoy,TY for sharing.Joel is a wonderful person and a master cue maker,his work is exceptional.I have a couple of Joel's cues,awesome players

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorgeous cue … I personally would have loved to see it bumperless with a polished bolt. Congrats!

EtDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the chance to see this cue in person at Joel's shop last month, and can attest that all the praise it's receiving in this thread is totally justified.

But the thing that makes me happiest is to see it in its new owner's hands, hitting balls. Too many of these cues end up as safe queens, and I'm glad to see some people aren't afraid to get their shafts dirty.