14.1 high runs... be honest

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm asking because of the "EXPERTS" that keep taking shots at the 14.1 event. ME: 37 balls. I'm FAR from a player at 14.1 but i like it and appreciate the skill needed.

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
My Best Run so far was 21. My 2nd Best was 17. I don't play Straight Pool very much, but I have tried it.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
We finally have something of a pool hall reopening in the area and I'll be able to get on a 9ft again. This tournament has inspired me to give this game a try. Playing on anything smaller in my mind just doesn't count.

deadbeat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
32, sloppy, required a few banks and a lot of luck. 2nd best was in the 20's, I can usually get that after a few hours practicing. ;)

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago for about an hour. Worn cloth, 4 1/4" pro cut Diamond, I got to 15 and I was like, that's enough of that. (watching the 14.1 championships made me try again, so ill just keep updating).

Last edited:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things tend to go well on a 7' valley with new cloth.

My high run was on a 9' Brunswick. Average runs are similar on the 2 tables as well. The extra crowding on a 7' makes it tougher than you'd think.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Had a run in the 90's three times in the 1990's, but haven't played much straight pool at all since then. My best was 91, on 4 1/2" pockets accomplished twice.

In other words, when Danny Harriman says I can't make a ball in the ocean, relative to his abilities, he's right.

Last edited:

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm asking because of the "EXPERTS" that keep taking shots at the 14.1 event. ME: 37 balls. I'm FAR from a player at 14.1 but i like it and appreciate the skill needed.

I am 73, been playing since I was 17 and my high run is 38, although
I do consintly run in the 20's. That's how tough this game is

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, it's a tough game if you dont play it all the time. And even if you do! I got a 23 on an 8 foot with 4 5/8 pockets. Haven't really played it much.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My high run was on a 9' Brunswick. Average runs are similar on the 2 tables as well. The extra crowding on a 7' makes it tougher than you'd think.

Yes I was thinking that, much like 8 ball. You shoot straight.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to play a lot of pool and really worked on my game. I have a Brunswick Anniversary with 4.5 inch pockets and Black Diamond rails. 4 summers back I only played straight pool at home. I watched some videos and matches.

I ran 168 and over 100 four other times.

Knowing the table speed well helped.
Playing the racks by the book and the best break shots is the key.

I've ran 12 racks of 8 ball on a barbox and 7 racks of 9 ball on a Gold Crown with about 4.75 inch corners.

I don't play that much so I don't expect I'd break these personal bests. Last week I did run 4 racks of 9 ball on a Diamond Pro Am with. 4.5 inch corners.

Last edited:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

100 is on the bucket list. The battle starts now... we’ll see who wins, ME, or Father Time and Mother Nature.

Td

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
46 last year. I posted it in the 14.1 challenge thread.
https://youtu.be/0shFmx8OdcY

Second best was back-to-back 38’s. I’ve had multiple other runs in the 40’s, but I consider the the two 38’s in a row my second best.

I tried really hard to break 50 last year and just couldn’t get there. It was on my home table and I wish I could blame it on the 4 1/4” pockets, but I went as far as to go to random pool rooms with 8ft tables and 5” corners and still just couldn’t get there. I tried for 4 months and failed. Sucks, but it is what it is. Maybe I’ll find lighting in a bottle one of these days and get past 50...not holding my breath though.

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High run of 26. I'm 66 years old and I'm pretty sure I'll top John Schmidt within the next 50 or so years if I stay at it. Get ready for it John! lol