Cues With Rectangles/Windows In Butt Sleeve

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think for my next cue I would like to have one with what appear to be called rectangles or windows in the butt sleeve. Does anybody know of any cues or cuemakers that have cues like this? Any websites, pics, etc? I've looked at over 1,000 cues in the last 2-3 days and really cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for any response.

r/DCP

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something like this? My old Meucci...

picture.php

I imagine there are many more contemporary examples...

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think for my next cue I would like to have one with what appear to be called rectangles or windows in the butt sleeve. Does anybody know of any cues or cuemakers that have cues like this? Any websites, pics, etc? I've looked at over 1,000 cues in the last 2-3 days and really cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for any response.

r/DCP

Bob Owen -plenty of pics in the cue gallery if you use search function

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Thanks for any response.

r/DCP

Why not get pen & paper, and start putting your thoughts on paper? Then you will have a Tought idea, and find a Cuemake to turn your vision into a reality.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Bob Owen with big ones and Muecci with little ones.

Attachments

• 20200604_171427-218x325.jpg
    20200604_171427-218x325.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 926
  • 20200604_170537-155x363.jpg
    20200604_170537-155x363.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 916

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Bob Owens with the big ones is more what I am looking for.

Anybody run across any cues or cuemakers that have a similar type cue? Besides Bob, of course.

r/DCP

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check out Richard Black's site, both the functional art and the gallery. There are a few in there. I remember seeing guys with Black cues with rectangles in play over the years.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
It’s interesting, box cues have never done it for me. I know they are popular and I have seen some fantastic examples but to me cues are round and tapered and to have a rectangle seems to go against the flow. I do have a Viking that has boxes in the butt section and a Palmer with them in the forearm. Good luck with your search! And pics when you find it please.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It’s interesting, box cues have never done it for me. I know they are popular and I have seen some fantastic examples but to me cues are round and tapered and to have a rectangle seems to go against the flow. I do have a Viking that has boxes in the butt section and a Palmer with them in the forearm. Good luck with your search! And pics when you find it please.

Totally agree with the exception of the MOP trophy plates on antique cues :thumbup:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Unfortunately, you don't see many window buttsleeve cues these days. It really doesn't fit with the CNC method now. Back in the day, they used jigs to set up the pieces to do these kind of windows, Ernie, Bill, Dan, and Tim.

But, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few. And I recommend you look at Will Prout's JossWest Box Cues post on the cue gallery section, some incredible windows.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• DSCN0329.JPG
    DSCN0329.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 834
  • DSCN0319.jpg
    DSCN0319.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 819
  • Joss Early 2.jpg
    Joss Early 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 832

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
JW & Meucci

Here are a couple box cues.

Attachments

• JW_0003.jpg
    JW_0003.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 776

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for any response.

r/DCP

Well, these appear to be rectangles now that you mention it..... :duck:

49973536227_a313a891a7_z.jpg

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Here are a couple more, some I still have others I miss.

TS-butt1.jpg

Sugartree1.jpg

540a001.jpg

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Search wanted/for sale forum for "window". Refine by date to get most recent posts first.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was my attempt to have rectangles in the butt and my version substituted large ivory bars.

Attachments

• Engraved Butt Sleeve.jpg
    Engraved Butt Sleeve.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 424

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a nice cue Bavafongoul!

So, I cant seem to find anything out there that is exactly what I am looking for. I have checked all the places/cuemakers that folks told me to check here on this thread.

Can anybody give me some other cue manufacturers, cuemakers, etc, that I could possibly check their websites to find exactly what I am looking for? And yes, I know that could be a long, LONG list.

r/DCP