Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page 2019 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread
Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-10-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
Video title says 7.2 win?
Nice 10-ball break. Solid stroke mechanics and nice preshot routine. You seem also be really taking care about your table. One more way to keep it better is get Taom Chalk. No mess and cloth stays cleaner. Especially rails.
What tip do you use when using taom chalk?

I've found that taom and kamui isn't the best combination.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Last edited by jrctherake; 09-10-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Old
  (#77)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-10-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
Yeah I screwed up the title lol, forgot to fix it. Never heard of Taom Chalk, i’ll check it out thanks 👍
Taom chalk is extremely clean. It leaves little to no residue on CB and even less on felt.

IMO, you need to chalk more often if you use laminated tips while using taom.

FYI:

John Schmidt says the techno dud tip and taom chalk is the best combination he has ever played with.

I've bought and used the taom chalk but, I've been using a kamui black soft tip. In my experience, taom chalk and kamui tips do not work well together.

I'm gonna give the techno dud tip a try with the taom chalk after current tip.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#78)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
What tip do you use when using taom chalk?

I've found that taom and kamui isn't the best combination.

Jeff
I use Elkmasters.
Works better with soft tips for sure. Not working so good with phenolic break tips but it is okay. Need to just put some effort.
I would recommend Taom own Fusion tip. Kamui´s I don´t like anyways. Dunno why they are so popular.
It is marketed be softer from edges and harder from middle. My experience it is laminated Elkmaster
I probably try it soon in my own stick too.
Best part is that I don´t really ever get any skids. That is reason I am able to run almost every session around 100 on 14.1. Also Mr 626 changed to Taom when he was trying to break Mosconi´s record. I believe he would never broke it without reduced "kicks"..

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Old
  (#79)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

09-11-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
I use Elkmasters.
Works better with soft tips for sure. Not working so good with phenolic break tips but it is okay. Need to just put some effort.
I would recommend Taom own Fusion tip. Kamui´s I don´t like anyways. Dunno why they are so popular.
It is marketed be softer from edges and harder from middle. My experience it is laminated Elkmaster
Best part is that I don´t really ever get any skids. That is reason I am able to run almost every session around 100 on 14.1. Also Mr 626 changed to Taom when he was trying to break Mosconi´s record. I believe he would never broke it without reduced "kicks"..
I figured you where using an elk master or something similar.

Like many players my age that have not played in a couple decades, I used lepro, elk masters and triangles before returning years later and finding all the new equipment to work through and with.

Some of the latest equipment is a huge improvement but, I'm not sure the tips qualify.

I'm going to try an elk master soon and see if I like them as much as I did in my youth.

Thanks for the info,

Jeff

Old
  (#80)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

09-11-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I use Elkmasters.
I bit the bullet and cut off an almost new Kamui Black Soft off my revo today and had a Techno Dud installed.

Do you install your own tips? Do you use pressed elks or soaked and pressed or do you use elks straight from the box?

Thanks,

Jeff

Ghost Challenge 9-Ball BIH 7-3
Old
  (#81)
Side Pocket
AzB Silver Member
Side Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond repute

Ghost Challenge 9-Ball BIH 7-3 - 09-17-2019, 06:30 PM

Opened with a 5-0 run and fell apart a bit at the end. Won 7-3. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDh...ature=youtu.be

Old
  (#82)
Bic D
AzB Silver Member
Bic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond reputeBic D has a reputation beyond repute

09-22-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Side Pocket View Post
Opened with a 5-0 run and fell apart a bit at the end. Won 7-3. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgDh...ature=youtu.be

Nice shooting!

Old
  (#83)
Side Pocket
AzB Silver Member
Side Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond reputeSide Pocket has a reputation beyond repute

09-26-2019, 06:22 PM

Beat the ghost in 8-Ball. Been playing lots of 14-1 and my game has improved. Beat the ghost 7-3 in the 8-BALL challenge. Was playing the pro version until I scratch on the break. Hope you enjoy.

YouTube
https://youtu.be/9ZkDD_03lB8

Last edited by Side Pocket; 09-27-2019 at 03:45 AM.

7-ball and 6-ball Ghost
Old
  (#84)
pw98
AzB Bronze Member
pw98 is on a distinguished road

7-ball and 6-ball Ghost - 09-28-2019, 12:29 AM

Here are my results for 7-ball and 6-ball ghost:

7-ball Ghost victory 7-2, Oversized 8', 4.25" corners, 4.75" sides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVY-ZIG9tek

6-ball Ghost victory 7-1, Oversized 8', 4.25" corners, 4.75" sides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Z42mzOyxI

Old
  (#85)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

09-28-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw98 View Post
Here are my results for 7-ball and 6-ball ghost:

7-ball Ghost victory 7-2, Oversized 8', 4.25" corners, 4.75" sides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVY-ZIG9tek

6-ball Ghost victory 7-1, Oversized 8', 4.25" corners, 4.75" sides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Z42mzOyxI
Nice first post! Welcome, thanks for participating. Great shooting, I wish I was as fast and loose as you.

Old
  (#86)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

10-01-2019, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Beat the ghost in 8-Ball. Been playing lots of 14-1 and my game has improved. Beat the ghost 7-3 in the 8-BALL challenge. Was playing the pro version until I scratch on the break. Hope you enjoy.

YouTube
https://youtu.be/9ZkDD_03lB8

I play a lot of 14.1 & AR. I honestly feel that thise two games are the "teaching" games of pool.

I'll 14.1 for a week or so and then play AR for a week or so. Then, when I decide to have a free play day and play 9 ball, 10 ball or 8 ball, well, it feels like cheating.

14.1 and AR will help weak players (like myself) reach average to intermediate levels much, much faster than 9 ball, 10 ball or 8 ball games ever will IMO.

On the other hand, 14.1 and AR will take intermediate players to advanced levels and so on.

BTW, are you still considering a 9' diamond. It will be a different day compared to that beast your playing on, unless you order the 9' diamond with ~4" corners.

I'm so glad I grew up knowing 14.1 and the Philippino 61 (much like AR). I'm not world beater but, I'm a much, much stronger player than I would've been if I had not went headfirst into two of the best teaching games.

On a side note: everyone says 1hole is the best teaching game. Not IMO. IMO, 1hole is good for one thing and thats to put me to sleep.

Enjoyed the vid. Have a good day.

Jeff

Old
  (#87)
Side Pocket
AzB Silver Member

Talking 10-01-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
I play a lot of 14.1 & AR. I honestly feel that thise two games are the "teaching" games of pool.

I'll 14.1 for a week or so and then play AR for a week or so. Then, when I decide to have a free play day and play 9 ball, 10 ball or 8 ball, well, it feels like cheating.

14.1 and AR will help weak players (like myself) reach average to intermediate levels much, much faster than 9 ball, 10 ball or 8 ball games ever will IMO.

On the other hand, 14.1 and AR will take intermediate players to advanced levels and so on.

BTW, are you still considering a 9' diamond. It will be a different day compared to that beast your playing on, unless you order the 9' diamond with ~4" corners.

I'm so glad I grew up knowing 14.1 and the Philippino 61 (much like AR). I'm not world beater but, I'm a much, much stronger player than I would've been if I had not went headfirst into two of the best teaching games.

On a side note: everyone says 1hole is the best teaching game. Not IMO. IMO, 1hole is good for one thing and thats to put me to sleep.

Enjoyed the vid. Have a good day.

Jeff

Yes, I put 2K down on one 3 months ago. I should have it in 3-4 weeks. Can't wait.

Old
  (#88)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

10-02-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I put 2K down on one 3 months ago. I should have it in 3-4 weeks. Can't wait.
Make sure you make the first shot on the table. Make it a very easy one....it's good luck you know.

Can't wait to see pics.

Jeff

Old
  (#89)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday, 09:25 AM

Played 10-ball ghost 5 minutes ago on Livestream. I won 9-4. I have been busy last weeks and this was my only preparation to 10-ball Finnish Pool Tour next weekend. Bunch of pro players there. Still feeling good because I mainly been practicing my safety game last months. I was able to beat Makkonen last tournament on 7ft tables even he ran 7 run outs in alternative break format
Anyways here is video from stream:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNSmNJdCw-E

P.s We have to break outside of breakbox in 10-ball nowadays. EPBF rules. Dunno if they are on WPA too nowadays.

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM

Last edited by Poolmanis; Yesterday at 09:29 AM.

Page 6 of 6 « First 456

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: