Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Gulf Shores, Alabama
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
bubbaandthem
AzB Silver Member
bubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond reputebubbaandthem has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycopath View Post
The tightest pockets in the county are at my house.

But they are attached to my wifeís pants....

Bahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might sell that remark back to you Brian. Hope you're doing well

Old
  (#17)
cycopath
Call me Banger.
cycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

08-07-2019, 01:15 PM

Hey there Butch, itís been a while.

I ainít scared of my wife, I sleep with one eye open.

"Kill them, Machine. Kill them all..." - Dino Velvet

Name: Brian
Playing Cue: Rick Howard w/OB Classic
Break Cue: Mace
Table: Piano finish Gold Crown IV (bought from Hemicudas. RIP $Bill)
Profession: Pawnbroker
Hours of play: 2-4 hours weekly
Conceal carry: Ruger LC9

Old
  (#18)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

08-08-2019, 05:22 PM

Well, the wife went and changed our travel plans behind my back... Iíll be in Ft Walton Beach from September 11th-18th! I love that woman, lol. Iíll be spending some time at Starcade that week if anyone wants to hit some!

Old
  (#19)
cycopath
Call me Banger.
cycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond reputecycopath has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 400

08-09-2019, 01:57 AM

Iím not sure the vacation destination is better, but the pool room option certainly is! I love Starcade.

"Kill them, Machine. Kill them all..." - Dino Velvet

Name: Brian
Playing Cue: Rick Howard w/OB Classic
Break Cue: Mace
Table: Piano finish Gold Crown IV (bought from Hemicudas. RIP $Bill)
Profession: Pawnbroker
Hours of play: 2-4 hours weekly
Conceal carry: Ruger LC9

Old
  (#20)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

09-17-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersauce View Post
Well, the wife went and changed our travel plans behind my back... I’ll be in Ft Walton Beach from September 11th-18th! I love that woman, lol. I’ll be spending some time at Starcade that week if anyone wants to hit some!
Thought I’d throw a little update out there for anyone that’s planning to vacation in the Ft Walton Beach area. This trip has been a blast!! Our condo is on Okaloosa Island right on the beach and I’ve been having so much fun, I only made it out to Starcade one day.

Today in particular has been amazing. We’ve been going on morning beach strolls everyday, but today the wife and I got up at the crack of dawn and went for a 6 mile hike down the beach towards Destin. Someone made some huge, beautiful sand sculptures along the beach of sharks and sea turtles, so that was unexpected and awesome to see.

We made it out into the dunes where there’s no hotels or condos and the water was so calm and clear we decided to go for a swim. We found ourselves offshore sharing the water with a pod of dolphins!! After the dolphins left, we swam back to a sandbar about 20-30 yards from the beach where the water was only knee deep and waded a couple of miles back toward the condo, just enjoying nature. We watched herons and pelicans catch fish, saw lots of big crabs, jellyfish, all different kinds of other fish. At some point, a small school of fish started following me trying to eat my feet. They stayed with me for a good 1/2 mile at least, just nibbling at my toes and heels until we decided to head back to shore and finish the walk back on the beach.

Starcade was like a time capsule. The place looks like a snapshot straight out of the 80’s. I imagine that pool room was jumping back in the day!

The layout is pretty sweet. There is a front room with a bar, 13 Valley bar tables, and one 9ft Diamond. A set of doors takes you into a separate back room with 11 9ft Gold Crowns and 1 9ft Diamond. The back room looks like a purpose built tournament room, with built-in spectator chairs and tables for players at every table. Behind the players chairs is elevated movie theater style seating for railbirds all around the room, with ample area for people to walk around without entering the tournament area.

The pool special is tough to beat...$10 per person open to close on any table but the Diamond, which is charged hourly. The tables were in great condition, covered in tournament blue 860 and the balls were slick, clean, and freshly polished.

Downsides...the lights, with the exception of the Diamond light over the Diamond table, were noticeably dim in the back room, the smoke smell gave me a headache, and our clothes smelled like an ashtray when we left. Although the room is cool the way it is, it could seriously use some updating. I blame the headache more on the fact that I’m just not used to being around smoke anymore. It wasn’t smokey in there at all...just the smell.

Overall though, very cool room and I’d love to come back and play there again anytime I find myself in the area. If you’re around, Starcade is definitely worth checking out. It’s been so much fun here, I hate that we have to leave tomorrow.

Edit: I did not take these pictures. These pics were the best quality I could find online of Starcade’s front and back rooms. In the picture of the back room, the table lighting looks much brighter that what I saw when I visited.
Attached Images

Last edited by peppersauce; 09-17-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Old
  (#21)
Imotv8u
AzB Silver Member
Imotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond repute

09-18-2019, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Thought I’d throw a little update out there for anyone that’s planning to vacation in the Ft Walton Beach area. This trip has been a blast!! Our condo is on Okaloosa Island right on the beach and I’ve been having so much fun, I only made it out to Starcade one day.

Today in particular has been amazing. We’ve been going on morning beach strolls everyday, but today the wife and I got up at the crack of dawn and went for a 6 mile hike down the beach towards Destin. Someone made some huge, beautiful sand sculptures along the beach of sharks and sea turtles, so that was unexpected and awesome to see.

We made it out into the dunes where there’s no hotels or condos and the water was so calm and clear we decided to go for a swim. We found ourselves offshore sharing the water with a pod of dolphins!! After the dolphins left, we swam back to a sandbar about 20-30 yards from the beach where the water was only knee deep and waded a couple of miles back toward the condo, just enjoying nature. We watched herons and pelicans catch fish, saw lots of big crabs, jellyfish, all different kinds of other fish. At some point, a small school of fish started following me trying to eat my feet. They stayed with me for a good 1/2 mile at least, just nibbling at my toes and heels until we decided to head back to shore and finish the walk back on the beach.

Starcade was like a time capsule. The place looks like a snapshot straight out of the 80’s. I imagine that pool room was jumping back in the day!

The layout is pretty sweet. There is a front room with a bar, 13 Valley bar tables, and one 9ft Diamond. A set of doors takes you into a separate back room with 11 9ft Gold Crowns and 1 9ft Diamond. The back room looks like a purpose built tournament room, with built-in spectator chairs and tables for players at every table. Behind the players chairs is elevated movie theater style seating for railbirds all around the room, with ample area for people to walk around without entering the tournament area.

The pool special is tough to beat...$10 per person open to close on any table but the Diamond, which is charged hourly. The tables were in great condition, covered in tournament blue 860 and the balls were slick, clean, and freshly polished.

Downsides...the lights, with the exception of the Diamond light over the Diamond table, were noticeably dim in the back room, the smoke smell gave me a headache, and our clothes smelled like an ashtray when we left. Although the room is cool the way it is, it could seriously use some updating. I blame the headache more on the fact that I’m just not used to being around smoke anymore. It wasn’t smokey in there at all...just the smell.

Overall though, very cool room and I’d love to come back and play there again anytime I find myself in the area. If you’re around, Starcade is definitely worth checking out. It’s been so much fun here, I hate that we have to leave tomorrow.

Edit: I did not take these pictures. These pics were the best quality I could find online of Starcade’s front and back rooms. In the picture of the back room, the table lighting looks much brighter that what I saw when I visited.
Thanks for sharing! I’ll have to check it out the next time I’m in that area.

Rod

Old
  (#22)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 09-18-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Thought Iíd throw a little update out there for anyone thatís planning to vacation in the Ft Walton Beach area. This trip has been a blast!! Our condo is on Okaloosa Island right on the beach and Iíve been having so much fun, I only made it out to Starcade one day.

Today in particular has been amazing. Weíve been going on morning beach strolls everyday, but today the wife and I got up at the crack of dawn and went for a 6 mile hike down the beach towards Destin. Someone made some huge, beautiful sand sculptures along the beach of sharks and sea turtles, so that was unexpected and awesome to see.

We made it out into the dunes where thereís no hotels or condos and the water was so calm and clear we decided to go for a swim. We found ourselves offshore sharing the water with a pod of dolphins!! After the dolphins left, we swam back to a sandbar about 20-30 yards from the beach where the water was only knee deep and waded a couple of miles back toward the condo, just enjoying nature. We watched herons and pelicans catch fish, saw lots of big crabs, jellyfish, all different kinds of other fish. At some point, a small school of fish started following me trying to eat my feet. They stayed with me for a good 1/2 mile at least, just nibbling at my toes and heels until we decided to head back to shore and finish the walk back on the beach.

Starcade was like a time capsule. The place looks like a snapshot straight out of the 80ís. I imagine that pool room was jumping back in the day!

Downsides...the lights, with the exception of the Diamond light over the Diamond table, were noticeably dim in the back room, the smoke smell gave me a headache, and our clothes smelled like an ashtray when we left. Although the room is cool the way it is, it could seriously use some updating. I blame the headache more on the fact that Iím just not used to being around smoke anymore. It wasnít smokey in there at all...just the smell.

Overall though, very cool room and Iíd love to come back and play there again anytime I find myself in the area. If youíre around, Starcade is definitely worth checking out. Itís been so much fun here, I hate that we have to leave tomorrow.

Edit: I did not take these pictures. These pics were the best quality I could find online of Starcadeís front and back rooms. In the picture of the back room, the table lighting looks much brighter that what I saw when I visited.
Cool review. It could use a little upgrade but i really like the overall look. The look says "play pool".

Old
  (#23)
Dead Money
AzB Silver Member
Dead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond reputeDead Money has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

09-19-2019, 04:28 PM

Looks like a good place to play. It has that old school vibe going on too. Serviceable and not to posh.

Old
  (#24)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Cool review. It could use a little upgrade but i really like the overall look. The look says "play pool".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Money View Post
Looks like a good place to play. It has that old school vibe going on too. Serviceable and not to posh.
I agree. Maybe update was the wrong word to use. I like the old school vibe myself. I think the place could definitely be freshened up a bit though.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: