Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
“Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”
Old
  (#1)
Pangit
AzB Silver Member
Pangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond reputePangit has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

“Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.” - 09-20-2019, 08:15 AM

You can fry and egg on that thing...that Mexico paid for.

President Donald Trump was mocked on Twitter after the commanding general of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers told him it was probably best not to reveal technology being used in newly constructed sections of the U.S.-Mexico border wall.

In a [URL="Trump later signed his name on a section of the wall, which he described as a “world-class security system." video that is going viral for the wrong reasons, Trump on Wednesday boasted to reporters in San Diego’s Otay Mesa area that the wall is “wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.”

He then invited Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the Army chief of engineers, to expand on the details.

But Semonite responded: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”

“OK,” replied Trump. “I like that, that was a great answer. I’ll just tell you, they’re wired.”

Trump later signed his name on a section of the wall, which he described as a “world-class security system.”

Old
  (#2)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 08:30 AM

I thought the wall wasn't being built and yet here it is?

Can't sort through the fake news any more.

Congrats to the troll of shit river for not mentioning bone spurs though. Maybe his TDS is going into remission.

JC

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#3)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-20-2019, 08:49 AM

What does MSM know? They are not wired...weird?

dumluk

Old
  (#4)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 09:02 AM

Actually, it's good that they know it's wired. Heck, now they won't know if that means electrified or not. Plus, they can't read English, so it will keep them in the dark. Should they climb or not climb. Brilliant.

Oh, the wall is up and it's glorious

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#5)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-20-2019, 09:07 AM

The destruction of NAFTA = Mexico paying for the wall. Are there walls on pervo island?

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#6)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 09:40 AM

The wall has ears, Pepe.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#7)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
The destruction of NAFTA = Mexico paying for the wall. Are there walls on pervo island?
The only thing 'destroyed' about NAFTA is its name, if the USMCA ever gets ratified (it has not been voted upon by Congress and NAFTA remains in effect to this day).

If it is ratified, it changes only a few things on the margins, and is over 95% the same as NAFTA, maintaining all of its old provisions except for the few changes.

The few changes, if they are implemented, will not make 'Mexico pay for the wall' in any respect. In fact, it will not move the balance of trade between the US and Mexico at all, SFAIK. It is projected to have basically no effect in that regard. You didn't know that?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#8)
Rybord
AzB Silver Member
Rybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

09-20-2019, 10:12 AM

Interior Department transfers 560 acres of federal land to Army for border wall construction

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...l-construction

Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt announced today the transfer of administrative jurisdiction of approximately 560 acres of Federal lands to the U.S. Department of the Army to build roughly 70 miles of border barriers," the statement said.

Old
  (#9)
overlord
AzB Silver Member
overlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond reputeoverlord has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
The only thing 'destroyed' about NAFTA is its name, if the USMCA ever gets ratified (it has not been voted upon by Congress and NAFTA remains in effect to this day).

If it is ratified, it changes only a few things on the margins, and is over 95% the same as NAFTA, maintaining all of its old provisions except for the few changes.

The few changes, if they are implemented, will not make 'Mexico pay for the wall' in any respect. In fact, it will not move the balance of trade between the US and Mexico at all, SFAIK. It is projected to have basically no effect in that regard. You didn't know that?
I am still waiting for the 2,500 bucks that Barry promised. Where did they go? At least Trump is doing something.

Old
  (#10)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord View Post
I am still waiting for the 2,500 bucks that Barry promised. Where did they go? At least Trump is doing something.
PDJT promised $4,500 in average extra wages for workers would result from his tax cut and other business-friendly moves, like clearing out regulations, plus his much smarter trade war-leveraged trade arrangements.

Where is that nearly 100% larger sum? All I've heard about is that the average household is paying $800 more in costs (so far) from the tariffs, and about 20% of all households got hit with thousands of dollars more in net income taxes on top of that.

-->> you may realize dropping that talking point is a good idea. I say 'may' because I doubt you will, but you really should. It is not a helpful comparison for your position.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#11)
Mr. Wilson
Was
Mr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2700

09-20-2019, 10:30 AM

Who cares if there is merit in not talking about it?

Is this a secret?

You think the cartels don't already have plans to attempt getting past?

Who do you suppose they are worried about knowing what "wired" means?
A swimmer?

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

-- Mark Twain

336Robin "This smells of a Prid Quo Pro"

Old
  (#12)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofla View Post
PDJT promised $4,500 in average extra wages for workers would result from his tax cut and other business-friendly moves, like clearing out regulations, plus his much smarter trade war-leveraged trade arrangements.

yeah, the tends of thousands of dollars all those employed folks now make. Oh, the horrors. That must really piss you off.

The trade war with China. No biggie. Someone had to finally stand up to them. You think Obama has the stones. Of course not. Oh, we might pay more for crap from a country I don't buy shit from.... good.

The wife came home with new knives last Saturday. Chicago Cutlery. A whole set, with a wood block. I said where were those made? She said it's Chicago Cutlery? Yeah, so? Turn the box upside down, and made in China. Back to the store they went. I said, you know you find some nice knives made in USA, Germany or Austria.

So, i'm glad everyone is paying more for shit from China. Now, they can stop it and buy their stuff NOT from the child labor and slave labor capital of the fuggin world. Oh, wait, dems have to take a stand for the less fortunate... NOT bloody likely.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Last edited by ChicagoRJ; 09-20-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Old
  (#13)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
yeah, the tends of thousands of dollars all those employed folks now make. Oh, the horrors. That must really piss you off.

The trade war with China. No biggie. Someone had to finally stand up to them. You think Obama has the stones. Of course not. Oh, we might pay more for crap from a country I don't buy shit from.... good.

The wife came home with new knives last Saturday. Chicago Cutlery. A whole set, with a wood block. I said where were those made? She said it's Chicago Cutlery? Yeah, so? Turn the box upside down, and made in China. Back to the store they went. I said, you know you find some nice knives made in USA, Germany or Austria.

So, i'm glad everyone is paying more for shit from China. Now, they can stop it and buy their stuff NOT from the child labor and slave labor capital of the fuggin world. Oh, wait, dems have to take a stand for the less fortunate... NOT bloody likely.
You need to take over the whole knife buying thing from the wife.

Never buy those crappy sets. Buy your knives separately, and spend more money on the ones you use frequently. Start a thread on it and you will be surprised by all good information you will receive.

Just tell the wife she’s fired...she’ll be happy in the end.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: