Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Quotes of the Day Thread.....
Page 4 of 411 « First 234 561454104 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 100 votes, 4.92 average.
Old
  (#46)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-23-2008, 06:30 AM

"Corruption is worse than prostitution. The latter might endanger the morals of an individual, the former invariably endangers the morals of the entire country".

Karl Kraus

Old
  (#47)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

10-23-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbassi
"The economy is strong"

Guess Who?
All Of The Above...'cept Ron.

Ergo, why not vote None Of The Above?

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#48)
Scaramouche
AzB Silver Member
Scaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond reputeScaramouche has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2008, 03:35 AM

Lewis B. Smedes - Forgive and Forget
Powerful and sneaky people use apologies as end runs around repentance. They betray a trust; and, when they have been found out, say they are sorry for 'mistakes in judgment.' They smile through their oily apologies when their crime calls for quakes of repentance. They get by only because we have lost our sense of the difference between repentance for wrong and apologies for bungling.

Born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad

Old
  (#49)
abbassi
AzB Silver Member
abbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-24-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff
All Of The Above...'cept Ron.

Ergo, why not vote None Of The Above?

Jeff Livingston
Might, will.

Old
  (#50)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2008, 06:39 AM

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed".

Albert Einstein

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit".

D. Elton Trueblood

Old
  (#51)
cincyman
Banned
cincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond reputecincyman has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2008, 07:13 AM

here are some from the REPUBS HERO

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." ?LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000
another gem....I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." ?Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." ?second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004

my favorite lol ...."They misunderestimated me." ?Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

can any genius guess who these are from??????????????
LWW, MRS ??? anyone anyone Bueller.. Bueller

Old
  (#52)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbassi
Might, will.
I was all ready to write in Ron and do the NOTA for the rest....and then Greenspan opened his yap yesterday. Here is (was) a totally free-market, Ayn Rand-trained, gold standard supporter, telling us that more regulation, blah blah, was the solution. HIS actions weren't even mentioned!!!! What a turd! But it doesn't matter, does it? Nothing changed.

So, now, once again, I've been beatch-slapped by the concept that I recently started a thread about, but must've stupidly dismissed in alll the hoopla: Even the "right" people in charge won't matter. Duh, Jeff, duh!

I'm so stupid that I have to see it so many times before I get it: voting only makes this evil possible. I'm done with it (again--lol).

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#53)
abbassi
AzB Silver Member
abbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond reputeabbassi has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-24-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjeff
I was all ready to write in Ron and do the NOTA for the rest....and then Greenspan opened his yap yesterday. Here is (was) a totally free-market, Ayn Rand-trained, gold standard supporter, telling us that more regulation, blah blah, was the solution. HIS actions weren't even mentioned!!!! What a turd! But it doesn't matter, does it? Nothing changed.

So, now, once again, I've been beatch-slapped by the concept that I recently started a thread about, but must've stupidly dismissed in alll the hoopla: Even the "right" people in charge won't matter. Duh, Jeff, duh!

I'm so stupid that I have to see it so many times before I get it: voting only makes this evil possible. I'm done with it (again--lol).

Jeff Livingston
Unfortunately it really does not matter who is in office. Nothing will really change wether Mccain or Obama. Only speculation. Whem I saw Greenspan on tv, I just turned off.
Until we get someone to deal with the Federal Reserve, we will just keep sliding down that road of the New Order.
They need wars, turmoil and misery to keep their profits up. People have forgotten how to think and feed on the fake party frenzy. As if being a republican or democrat some how will cloak them with saftey, health and prosperety.
The system has rotten people in it, and it affects us all. They are liars, actors, magicians and have honed their skills to dupe the "we the people".

Many of my favorites...been collecting for a while...
Old
  (#54)
Get_A_Grip
Truth Will Set You Free
Get_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond reputeGet_A_Grip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 562

Many of my favorites...been collecting for a while... - 10-24-2008, 10:36 AM

"The man who does not make any mistakes does not usually make anything." --William Connor Magee

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" --Thomas Jefferson

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." --Steve Martin

"You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you're down there." --George Burns

"You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy." --Arthur Ashe

"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less." --Gen. Eric Shinseki

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're OK, then it's you." --Rita Mae Brown

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

"A fish cannot comprehend the existence of water. He is too deeply immersed in it." -- Sir Oliver Lodge

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." --Frederick Douglass

"The older I grow, the less important the comma becomes. Let the reader catch his own breath." --Elizabeth Clarkson Zwart

?I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?" --Jean Kerr

?Whilst mathematics is indispensable for describing the physical world, it does not follow that anything describable in mathematics necessarily has a counterpart in the "real" world.? --Boustrophedon

?One of the hardest tasks of leadership is understanding that you are not what you are, but what you're perceived to be by others." --Edward L. Flom

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- A. Einstein

?Humankind cannot stand very much reality." --T. S. Eliot

?I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." --Terry Pratchett

?I know a way to stay friends forever. There's really nothing to it, I tell you what to do, and you do it." --Shel Silverstein

?A's hire A's, B's hire C's." --Donald Rumsfeld

?Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory." --Albert Schweitzer

?We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." --Aristotle

?Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing."
--Robert Benchley

?Complaining is good for you as long as you're not complaining to the person you're complaining about." --Lynn Johnston

?The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." --Ann Landers

?They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." --Wilt Chamberlain

?The degree of one's emotion varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts -- the less you know the hotter you get."
--Bertrand Russell

?Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality -- in your own mind." --Bruce Lee

?Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest." --Mark Twain

?Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
--Isacc Asimov

?Don't make decisions because they are the easiest, the cheapest, or the most popular. Make your decision because it's right." --Theodore Hesburgh

"Always aim for achievement, and forget about success." --Helen Hayes

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it." --Franklin P. Jones

"Find a job you like and you add five days to every week." --H. Jackson Brown Jr.

"Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats." --Howard Aiken

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." --Voltaire

"The speed of the boss is the speed of the team." --Lee Iacocca

"Those blessed with the gift of acute perception will surely be labeled as paranoid." --Anonymous

"What can be done at any time is never done at all." -- English proverb

"Prejudgments become prejudices only if they are not reversible when exposed to new knowledge." --Gordon W. Allport

"The same people who can deny others everything are famous for refusing themselves nothing." --Leigh Hunt

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan

"Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential." --Black Elk

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." --Frank A. Clark

"Modesty is a vastly overrated virtue." --John Kenneth Galbraith

"No one really listens to anyone else, and if you try it for a while you'll see why." --Mignon McLaughlin

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." --George Bernard Shaw

?A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." --Herm Albright

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." --Abraham Lincoln

"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one." --Alexandre Dumas

"Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers." --Mignon McLaughlin

"Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own." --Sydney J. Harris

"Truth is the only safe ground to stand on." --Elizabeth Cady Stanton

?I hasten to laugh at everything, for fear of being obliged to weep." --Pierre Augustin de Beaumarchais

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it." --Anonymous

Old
  (#55)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-26-2008, 06:55 AM

"It seems very unfortunate that in order to secure political preference, people are made Vice President who are never intended, neither by party nor by the Lord, to be Presidents."

General Omar Nelson Bradley

Old
  (#56)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

10-26-2008, 07:14 AM

Alexander Solzenitsyn once observed: "Anyone who has once acclaimed violence as his method must inexorably choose falsehood as his principle." (Nobel Prize acceptance speech, 1972)

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#57)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2008, 07:35 AM

"Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived." -Abraham Lincoln
Attached Images

Old
  (#58)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
TX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond reputeTX Poolnut has a reputation beyond repute

10-26-2008, 07:37 AM

"Force shites upon Reason's Back." -Benjamin Franklin
Attached Images

Old
  (#59)
TX Poolnut
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

10-26-2008, 07:40 AM

"Force always attracts men of low morality, and I believe it to be an invariable rule that tyrants of genius are succeeded by scoundrels." -Albert Einstein
Attached Images

Old
  (#60)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-27-2008, 05:27 AM

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen".

Albert Einstein:

Page 4 of 411 « First 234 561454104 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: