Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page I Think It's Time For A Bank Boycott
Page 1 of 38 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.91 average.
I Think It's Time For A Bank Boycott
Old
  (#1)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up I Think It's Time For A Bank Boycott - 10-21-2009, 05:27 AM

Let's finally put these bast*rds out of business. JIm

Tuesday, October 20. 2009
Posted by Karl Denninger in Editorial at 15:20

Had Enough? Time For A Boycott!

Have you had it with the scams, frauds, "mark to myth" and lies?

Tired of this sort of garbage - being punished for being responsible?

You may believe that your exemplary behavior shields you from unexpected credit card fees. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

You can stop it.

Yes, you.

All 330,000,000 of you.

Here's how.

Go withdraw all your money and business from the following institutions:

Bank of America
Wells Fargo/Wachovia
Citibank
JP Morgan/Chase

Those four.

Place your business with a local community bank or credit union in their place, and tell the above four institutions to "piss off."

I've resisted doing this, but the idea that banks are now going to try to penalize those who do not carry balances or pay late fees is the last straw.

This is a call for a boycott.

A call to break these institutions by destroying their deposit base and "net interest margin", one consumer at a time, as a protest against the outrageous actions these firms have taken in terms of risk and their shifting of the costs of that risk, which should have resulted in their failure and closure by The FDIC and OCC, onto the backs of their customers via outrageous fees, interest rates and costs, along with the direct subsidy being paid by all taxpayers generally.

Are not 30% credit card interest rates enough, while these four banks all can and do borrow at near-zero from The Fed and have issued debt with an FDIC guarantee (that is, funded by you)?

If that is not enough to dissuade you, how about Wells Fargo holding an unknown amount of Wachovia "off-balance sheet assets" at god-knows-what in terms of valuations - and justification for same - while cutting back HELOC lines and credit cards?

If not that, how about the practice of large banks re-ordering transactions to generate the maximum amount in overdraft fees, with the brunt of these fees and costs being born by those least able to afford it - the working class person? Yes, I know, the banks, in response to "outrage" on Capitol Hill, recently have "agreed" to reduce the maximum number of overdraft fees they will charge, but what they didn't (voluntarily) agree to do is stop that practice entirely. Oh, many will also allow you to overdraw your account at an ATM or debit terminal, and some will even display a "balance" at the ATM that includes uncleared funds in a puerile attempt to encourage you to do so. That latter practice, by the way, has drawn pending legislation - a few years late, of course, and with no clawback of the ill-gotten gains (tens of billions of dollars) that have been stolen, er, "earned" over the last few years.

There is no law that says you must patronize firms that engage in practices that you find outrageous or abusive. Indeed, it is your right and duty as an American to withdraw your consent to such practices by telling institutions such as this to go piss up a rope.

It is also your right to band together with others and persuade them to do so as well.

This is a call for all of America to do exactly that.

The "large banking industry" has effectively captured the regulatory and legislative apparatus of The United States to do their bidding, even when they screw up, instead of those costs being imposed on their shareholders and bondholders as it should be.

You have no duty to support or tolerate this, and indeed, if you ever want to see it change, you must stop providing these firms with your dollars - your deposits - and your loan business.

Wells Fargo/Wachovia
Citibank
Bank of America
JP Morgan/Chase

Tell them to go to hell and pull your business, whether it be small or large, and take that business to your local community bank or credit union.

Not only will you send a message, you'll reward those firms that provide you with quality service and a reasonable cost structure, instead of those who appear to use every opportunity to nickel and dime you to death.

These institutions, like all businesses, rely on customers in order to survive.

Deny them that business and these practices will change, or they will go out of business - as they should.

Old
  (#2)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2009, 05:46 AM

Good advice.

I have done no business with any of these lenders for years.

The only thing I will say in their defense, and this holds true for banks who do not use their treacherous practices so it barely applies, is that in the state's ultimate stupidity we have established a banking system that is supposedly "NON PROFIT" and thereby tax exempt which operates in direct competition with the for profit but taxable system.

That is called a credit union.

Don't get me wrong, I belong to a CU because they can pass along the savings from tax exempt status and in some cases can offer great deals because of it.

That being said ... the idea of placing a tax exempt competitor in competition with a taxed competitor is a heinous business act on behalf of the state and indicative of their truly clueless nature.

LWW

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#3)
BazookaJoe
Destroyer of stickers
BazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 541

10-21-2009, 05:51 AM

When your quarry goes to ground, give him no ground to go to

The evil Obama is ahead of you

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/oba...21/274844.html

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.(Hosea 4:6)

Old
  (#4)
BazookaJoe
Destroyer of stickers
BazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 05:53 AM

The story about the 79% credit card rate the guy received in the mail the other day blew me away

What bank was that?

Anyone know?

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.(Hosea 4:6)

Old
  (#5)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-21-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!!
But, the Leftists are going to get crushed in November 2010.
Maybe, that'll remind them that there are consequences for screwing America over with their Marxists policies...

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

“...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...”
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#6)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookajoe View Post
the story about the 79% credit card rate the guy received in the mail the other day blew me away

what bank was that?

Anyone know?

hfs!!!
79%????

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#7)
BazookaJoe
Destroyer of stickers

10-21-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
hfs!!!
79%????
Here it is

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=11337571

Old
  (#8)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Maybe, that'll remind them that there are consequences for screwing America over with their Marxists policies...
They probably will get crushed Kevin, but there's really no difference here with respect to the "righties" and the "lefties". They're both owned and controled by the banking and corporate interests.

The best thing that can happen is for the American people to act, if we all pulled our money and accounts away from these banks, we can show our bought-and-paid-for, corrupt, politicians that we really do have some power and are willing to use it.

The time for thinking about being represented, and expecting any changes to take place from these thieving bast*rds is long past. IMO

Jim

Old
  (#9)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe View Post
WOW!!
Unbelievable!!

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I dont know much, I'm just a flea along for the ride.
Yep. Sev is smarter than you all.--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#10)
DKhan
AzB Silver Member
DKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond reputeDKhan has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe View Post
The story about the 79% credit card rate the guy received in the mail the other day blew me away

What bank was that?

Anyone know?
First Premium Bank, based out of S. Dakota. With a 10K credit limit, they had me at 47% and other outrageous charges but I took a good care of them.

Old
  (#11)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-21-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKhan View Post
First Premium Bank, based out of S. Dakota. With a 10K credit limit, they had me at 47% and other outrageous charges but I took a good care of them.
Good for you, and I don't even care about the circumstances.

These banks have been, and continue to work towards enslaving America's, and the world's, working class and they deserve to have to eat their predatory loans and be put out of business.

We can really do this, we really can. Much better than voting in new crooks.

Jim

Old
  (#12)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!!
What will that teach the right-wing voters?

If they're honest, it should have already taught them that the right is the exact same when it comes to pissing away other peoples' money!

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#13)
chefjeff
No sides, only players
chefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond reputechefjeff has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 07:08 AM

You forgot Goldman Sachs (I know, not a bank), aka, recruiting school for whatever current administration.

That little conspiracy company is filled with the most evil, dishonest, back-stabbling assholes on the planet, each waitng his turn at the controls of power.

Jeff Livingston

Old
  (#14)
T-dog
AzB Silver Member
T-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Let's finally put these bast*rds out of business. JIm

Tuesday, October 20. 2009
Posted by Karl Denninger in Editorial at 15:20

Had Enough? Time For A Boycott!

You may believe that your exemplary behavior shields you from unexpected credit card fees. Sadly, that is no longer the case.

You can stop it.

Yes, you.

All 330,000,000 of you.

Here's how.

Go withdraw all your money and business from the following institutions:

Bank of America
Wells Fargo/Wachovia
Citibank
JP Morgan/Chase

Those four.

Place your business with a local community bank or credit union in their place, and tell the above four institutions to "piss off."

I've resisted doing this, but the idea that banks are now going to try to penalize those who do not carry balances or pay late fees is the last straw.

This is a call for a boycott.

A call to break these institutions by destroying their deposit base and "net interest margin", one consumer at a time, as a protest against the outrageous actions these firms have taken in terms of risk and their shifting of the costs of that risk, which should have resulted in their failure and closure by The FDIC and OCC, onto the backs of their customers via outrageous fees, interest rates and costs, along with the direct subsidy being paid by all taxpayers generally.

Are not 30% credit card interest rates enough, while these four banks all can and do borrow at near-zero from The Fed and have issued debt with an FDIC guarantee (that is, funded by you)?

If that is not enough to dissuade you, how about Wells Fargo holding an unknown amount of Wachovia "off-balance sheet assets" at god-knows-what in terms of valuations - and justification for same - while cutting back HELOC lines and credit cards?

If not that, how about the practice of large banks re-ordering transactions to generate the maximum amount in overdraft fees, with the brunt of these fees and costs being born by those least able to afford it - the working class person? Yes, I know, the banks, in response to "outrage" on Capitol Hill, recently have "agreed" to reduce the maximum number of overdraft fees they will charge, but what they didn't (voluntarily) agree to do is stop that practice entirely. Oh, many will also allow you to overdraw your account at an ATM or debit terminal, and some will even display a "balance" at the ATM that includes uncleared funds in a puerile attempt to encourage you to do so. That latter practice, by the way, has drawn pending legislation - a few years late, of course, and with no clawback of the ill-gotten gains (tens of billions of dollars) that have been stolen, er, "earned" over the last few years.

There is no law that says you must patronize firms that engage in practices that you find outrageous or abusive. Indeed, it is your right and duty as an American to withdraw your consent to such practices by telling institutions such as this to go piss up a rope.

It is also your right to band together with others and persuade them to do so as well.

This is a call for all of America to do exactly that.

The "large banking industry" has effectively captured the regulatory and legislative apparatus of The United States to do their bidding, even when they screw up, instead of those costs being imposed on their shareholders and bondholders as it should be.

You have no duty to support or tolerate this, and indeed, if you ever want to see it change, you must stop providing these firms with your dollars - your deposits - and your loan business.

Wells Fargo/Wachovia
Citibank
Bank of America
JP Morgan/Chase

Tell them to go to hell and pull your business, whether it be small or large, and take that business to your local community bank or credit union.

Not only will you send a message, you'll reward those firms that provide you with quality service and a reasonable cost structure, instead of those who appear to use every opportunity to nickel and dime you to death.

These institutions, like all businesses, rely on customers in order to survive.

Deny them that business and these practices will change, or they will go out of business - as they should.
This sounds like a great idea only, it wont work IMO. Lets look at my instance. I can take out all my deposits and anything that I currently have at Wells fargo but I cant get out of my House loan and stupid home equity line of credit they talked me into. I am unble to move this information because when they did my appraisal on my house, they inflated the square footage without my knowledge to make the loan. I am now trapped in this loan until I get the balance between these to down to where it should be. I would love to get out of this situation. I have already moved everything else that I can to a local credit union. But alas I am still stuck with the devil.

I feel like I am trapped in a onepocket game with an unknown Efren R. stuck 4 games and hoping somehow, I can get even. Its not going to happen though. The banks trap better than Jack Hynes

Troy - Jacoby/standard maple shaft.
A Natural Born leader with no leadership ability.

2019 Post of the year.
"Not me, but I do watch those black music videos. I love those beautiful black women shaking those big booties." Tom to da ----> H.

Last edited by T-dog; 10-21-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Old
  (#15)
chefjeff
No sides, only players

10-21-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-dog View Post
This sounds like a great idea only, it wont work IMO. Lets look at my instance. I can take out all my deposits and anything that I currently have at Wells fargo but I cant get out of my House loan and stupid home equity line of credit they talked me into. I am unble to move this information because when they did my appraisal on my house, they inflated the square footage without my knowledge to make the loan. I am now trapped in this loan until I get the balance between these to down to where it should be. I would love to get out of this situation. I have already moved everything else that I can to a local credit union. But alas I am still stuck with the devil.
I'm no lawyer, but if they used fraud to lend you money, you might have a solution there.

Jeff Livingston

Page 1 of 38 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: