Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page I Think It's Time For A Bank Boycott
Page 3 of 38 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.91 average.
Old
  (#31)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

10-21-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
They probably will get crushed Kevin, but there's really no difference here with respect to the "righties" and the "lefties". They're both owned and controled by the banking and corporate interests.

The best thing that can happen is for the American people to act, if we all pulled our money and accounts away from these banks, we can show our bought-and-paid-for, corrupt, politicians that we really do have some power and are willing to use it.

The time for thinking about being represented, and expecting any changes to take place from these thieving bast*rds is long past. IMO

Jim
WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME?!!
I wish I could disagree with you, but alas...
When the right figured out that they could buy votes with tax payer money too, all hopes of maintaining our liberty were lost.
It's really a matter of degree now. Obama will be the ruination of America as he systematically tears it apart to rebuild it in his Marxist image. But, McCain would also be pissing away billions if he had won.
So in the end, we're all going to go the way of the dinosaurs in terms of our freedom...

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#32)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-21-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-dog View Post
I never have followed up on this because I wondered how a lawsuit would make me whole. What damages would I get? I had to look up treble damages. I need to find the right people to help me take care of this situation. I guess I will start with a local lawyer to see how to proceed. Does anyone have any other ideas?
You may have two different actions here, one criminal and one civil, both may be very difficult to prove. One involves the local DA, the other a qualified attorney.

I would probably speak with an attorney first. He would have to determine whether you have a legally winnable case based on the evidence and he would know how to inflate, uhhhh calculate, your damages, if any.

If outright fraud is evident, you/he may, in addition to the civil case, want to take the case to the DA for criminal charges as well. That's a more complicated decision that you would need qualified legal advise on. Winning a criminal case is extremely helpful in a civil action, losing one can be harmful, and if the DA declines taking action it should have no bearing on the civil, but, again your attorney would be best to advise you.

Good luck.

Jim

Old
  (#33)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME?!!
I wish I could disagree with you, but alas...
When the right figured out that they could buy votes with tax payer money too, all hopes of maintaining our liberty were lost.
It's really a matter of degree now. Obama will be the ruination of America as he systematically tears it apart to rebuild it in his Marxist image. But, McCain would also be pissing away billions if he had won.
So in the end, we're all going to go the way of the dinosaurs in terms of our freedom...
LOL. Why would I attack you my friend, especially when we are in agreement?

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer" Don Jim

Old
  (#34)
Big Perm
1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Big Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 625

10-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Couple of thoughts:

90% of the employees of those 4 banks are just hardworking folks that don't set policy....tellers, service, and such....

Banks are heavily regulated....if many of them had better methods to extract funds in default, I'm guessing things would be better for all of us in regards to contract terms....

Regarding credit unions, you'd be surprised what they can do....ie, you default on your car loan, the deficiency balance is $10k after sale, they have more options to get their claws into your belongings to get that money back....

I do agree some of their tactics are crappy, but so are the tactics of many of their customers defaulting on loans granted in earnest....

Over 15 years ago, when I was in the industry, I started in auto collections:

"Yeah, Mr. Jason, I need you to come get this car"

"Mam, you've only had the vehicle six months, what happened?"

"Well the transmission just broke, and the shop says it will cost $1500 and the dealer I got it from won't fix it for free since I didn't buy a warranty, and I don't have the money and ain't gonna make payments"

"Mam, we loaned you money, we didn't loan you a car - can you borrow the money to get it fixed or is there a shop with a payment plan to help you"

"It's broke and I don't like it anymore, just come get it"

OK, I'll make arrangements - your balance is $15,000 and current auction values are about $10,000....with fees, you'll likely owe about $6000 after it's sold - how would you like to make arrangements to pay off the balance"

"I gave you back the car, you ain't gettin any more of my money"

click

This happens thousands of times a day all over America in bank offices.....same exact conversation over and over.....anyone that ever spent a minute in auto collections will laugh at this....

We are the problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
Welcome Teach....to the class that is always open 24/7 where one is free to suggest subjects for class discussion or to merely browse through the multitude of pages for your reading enjoyment...
AC Tru-Balance Conversion w/ OB Shafts
Cuephoric Dufferin Conversion w/ Owens Shaft
The original CHALK NINJA

Old
  (#35)
BazookaJoe
Destroyer of stickers
BazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond reputeBazookaJoe has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 541

10-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Perm View Post
Couple of thoughts:

90% of the employees of those 4 banks are just hardworking folks that don't set policy....tellers, service, and such....

Banks are heavily regulated....if many of them had better methods to extract funds in default, I'm guessing things would be better for all of us in regards to contract terms....

Regarding credit unions, you'd be surprised what they can do....ie, you default on your car loan, the deficiency balance is $10k after sale, they have more options to get their claws into your belongings to get that money back....

I do agree some of their tactics are crappy, but so are the tactics of many of their customers defaulting on loans granted in earnest....

"Well the transmission just broke, and the shop says it will cost $1500 and the dealer I got it from won't fix it for free since I didn't buy a warranty, and I don't have the money and ain't gonna make payments"

"Mam, we loaned you money, we didn't loan you a car - can you borrow the money to get it fixed or is there a shop with a payment plan to help you"

OK, I'll make arrangements - your balance is $15,000 and current auction values are about $10,000....with fees, you'll likely owe about $6000 after it's sold - how would you like to make arrangements to pay off the balance"

click

This happens thousands of times a day all over America in bank offices.....same exact conversation over and over.....anyone that ever spent a minute in auto collections will laugh at this....

We are the problem....
Now people are doing this with their houses.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.(Hosea 4:6)

Old
  (#36)
T-dog
AzB Silver Member
T-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaJoe View Post
Now people are doing this with their houses.
I have heard of people getting a new house and home loan, then just dumping the old one (loan/House). Not making any more payments for the old loan. My questions is how did they get the loan for the new home anyway?

Troy - Jacoby/standard maple shaft.
A Natural Born leader with no leadership ability.

2019 Post of the year.
"Not me, but I do watch those black music videos. I love those beautiful black women shaking those big booties." Tom to da ----> H.

Old
  (#37)
jcommie
AzB Silver Member
jcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond reputejcommie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-21-2009, 10:56 AM

The reason their new loan was approved is the same one why our economy got kicked in the nuts in the last two years.

Order POOL WARS by Jay Helfert!
$24.90 includes domestic shipping! (International shipping rates apply to those abroad.)
Paypal: jayhelfert@yahoo.com
Or send a Check to: P.O. Box 1883, Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Old
  (#38)
Big Perm
1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Big Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 625

10-21-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I have heard of people getting a new house and home loan, then just dumping the old one (loan/House). Not making any more payments for the old loan. My questions is how did they get the loan for the new home anyway?
They had excellent credit and the income to support it.....the new house closes, they get laid off (they knew it was coming before they bought the house)....their reasoning is my house lost value, it was the bank or appraisers fault, so they justify it in their own mind.....been happening a lot lately, banks take a few months to catch up to trends.....this was big in 07 and 08 (buddies in mortgage)......unfortuanately, the law protects them instead of punishing them for basically stealing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
Welcome Teach....to the class that is always open 24/7 where one is free to suggest subjects for class discussion or to merely browse through the multitude of pages for your reading enjoyment...
AC Tru-Balance Conversion w/ OB Shafts
Cuephoric Dufferin Conversion w/ Owens Shaft
The original CHALK NINJA

Old
  (#39)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
This sounds like a great idea only, it wont work IMO. Lets look at my instance. I can take out all my deposits and anything that I currently have at Wells fargo but I cant get out of my House loan and stupid home equity line of credit they talked me into. I am unble to move this information because when they did my appraisal on my house, they inflated the square footage without my knowledge to make the loan. I am now trapped in this loan until I get the balance between these to down to where it should be. I would love to get out of this situation. I have already moved everything else that I can to a local credit union. But alas I am still stuck with the devil.

I feel like I am trapped in a onepocket game with an unknown Efren R. stuck 4 games and hoping somehow, I can get even. Its not going to happen though. The banks trap better than Jack Hynes
How did they increase the SF?

If they used an appraiser then the appraiser would have made the SF assessment and they would all have went to the records at the county.

Someone, be it borrower or lender or apprasier or broker, cannot just put excess SF on the appraisal and make it so.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

LWW

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#40)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Couple of thoughts:

click

We are the problem....
And that is the 100% unvarnished truth.

Yes, there are lenders who abuse the system ... but it is dwarfed by the abuse that citizens layout that we all, at least those of us who keep up with our obligations, have to pay for.

The $5K charged off in the above example didn't come out of the bank's arse. It came out of all the other borrowers arses in higher rates, from depositors arses in lower rates, in employees arses in lower pay, and from shareholders arses in decreased dividends.

LWW

"I can't stand you (LWW). You're one of the worst people I've ever known...You can rot in hell you pathetic loser."
-Bishop-

-Bishop-

"I have better things to do than worry about fact checking whats being published ..."
-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9BallPaul-

Old
  (#41)
Drew
Got a little dog in you?
Drew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond reputeDrew has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 650

10-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Banks are heavily regulated....
That's all you needed to say. THIS is the problem!!

Old
  (#42)
T-dog
AzB Silver Member
T-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond reputeT-dog has a reputation beyond repute

10-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
How did they increase the SF?

If they used an appraiser then the appraiser would have made the SF assessment and they would all have went to the records at the county.

Someone, be it borrower or lender or apprasier or broker, cannot just put excess SF on the appraisal and make it so.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

LWW
Well i dont know that. I think that the appraiser used the sf of the basement in the assessment. Thats all I can think of. when the second aprpaiser came over this year, They had no clue how the old appraiser came up with his/her numbers. I have always assumed Wells would just blame it on that appraiser. My wife did find some of the documents and is requesting more docs from the bank, of which I am sure I will be charged for. She did say that the apprasier worked for Rels. She then found a class action lawsuit against Rels doing the very same thing in California. Rels is some type of subsidiary of Wells.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Mortgage...ons-b5626.htm#

I need to check the amount of SF we are being taxed against from our assesor

Troy - Jacoby/standard maple shaft.
A Natural Born leader with no leadership ability.

2019 Post of the year.
"Not me, but I do watch those black music videos. I love those beautiful black women shaking those big booties." Tom to da ----> H.

Old
  (#43)
LWW
DEPLORABLE!

10-21-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Well i dont know that. I think that the appraiser used the sf of the basement in the assessment. Thats all I can think of. when the second aprpaiser came over this year, They had no clue how the old appraiser came up with his/her numbers. I have always assumed Wells would just blame it on that appraiser. My wife did find some of the documents and is requesting more docs from the bank, of which I am sure I will be charged for. She did say that the apprasier worked for Rels. She then found a class action lawsuit against Rels doing the very same thing in California. Rels is some type of subsidiary of Wells.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Mortgage...ons-b5626.htm#

I need to check the amount of SF we are being taxed against from our assesor
If they took the SF from county records then they are clean unless you can prove they knew it was wrong.

OTOH if they just made it up then you may well have a case.

SF is almost never allowed unless it's a tri-level type home.

Is it a FANNIE/FREDDIE/FHA or VA insured loan? If it is and they were in on this then they are in some very deep voodoo.

Now ... the flip side?

Did you agree with the appraisal?

Did you question it?

If you didn't agree ... why did you sign the mortgage?

I don't know one way or the other, the house may even have been worth the appraised figure at the time it was done.

I do know that unless I desperately needed the cash I would never borrow more than I thought the house was worth. If I did then IMHO I lost all reason to complain.

Not to be too nosey, and you don't have to answer what you did with the money, but I'm assuming you did receive the money they loaned you?

LWW

-Bishop-

-Bishop-

-336Robin-

"I support Antifa"
-poolfool1957-

-9BallPaul-

Last edited by LWW; 10-21-2009 at 01:57 PM.

Old
  (#44)
jsp
AzB Silver Member
jsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond reputejsp has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2600

10-21-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
That's all you needed to say. THIS is the problem!!
Lol.

Do you think fractional reserve banking is okay, Drew? Are you in favor of a gold standard? Just curious.

Old
  (#45)
asiasdad
Banned
asiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond reputeasiasdad has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2425

10-21-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWW View Post
And that is the 100% unvarnished truth.

The $5K charged off in the above example didn't come out of the bank's arse. It came out of all the other borrowers arses in higher rates, from depositors arses in lower rates, in employees arses in lower pay, and from shareholders arses in decreased dividends.

LWW
The 5K got shoved up the banks arse. and then they shoved
it up the other customers arses

Imagine what would happen by pulling your funds out of those banks
combined with refusing to file your taxes on a mass scale,
and mass filing of bankruptcies ?

Nevermind.

It's already happening.

Prepare for martial law.

asisdad.........current chase account balance -22.87

Page 3 of 38 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread