Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Dennis O v JRB $100k middle
Page 3 of 14 123 4513 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Cory in DC
AzB Silver Member
Cory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond reputeCory in DC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
If that's how big a spot he needs, he's nobody, and even if he bet $1,000,000 he would still be nobody. Similarly, Dennis is nobody in poker.

I tried to watch Scott Frost give a guy 22-3 a few years ago at the Derby for very high stakes. About twenty minutes of it was all I could stand.
It's hard to comprehend how good Dennis and the elite really are and the incredible pressure and awkward positions that can impose on even very good players in one pocket.

I've seen Dennis go back and forth giving a top local shortstop 14-6. So needing 14-4 puts a player at the strong local player level. Sure, that makes him a nobody in the sense of pros, but still probably a strong and well-regarded player.

CUES:Schon, Webb
HOURS OF POOL: 10 in a good week

Old
  (#32)
wayne
AzB Silver Member
wayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond reputewayne has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
If that's how big a spot he needs, he's nobody, and even if he bet $1,000,000 he would still be nobody. Similarly, Dennis is nobody in poker.

I tried to watch Scott Frost give a guy 22-3 a few years ago at the Derby for very high stakes. About twenty minutes of it was all I could stand.
Definitely not a nobody in the action pool world. If the were 100 more like him in the pool world the pool scene would be wild and exciting. He was a big action pool player before he became famous in poker. When he enters a poolroom the atmosphere changes.

Old
  (#33)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Definitely not a nobody in the action pool world. If the were 100 more like him in the pool world the pool scene would be wild and exciting. He was a big action pool player before he became famous in poker. When he enters a poolroom the atmosphere changes.
He won 240k before I got done at the gym one morning. I'm sure he's had similar losses, but none of us NITS will EVER know what that's like. Not one top pro, mid pro, joe blow, can ever say that, especially on the regular.

Old
  (#34)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-11-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory in DC View Post
It's hard to comprehend how good Dennis and the elite really are and the incredible pressure and awkward positions that can impose on even very good players in one pocket.

I've seen Dennis go back and forth giving a top local shortstop 14-6. So needing 14-4 puts a player at the strong local player level. Sure, that makes him a nobody in the sense of pros, but still probably a strong and well-regarded player.
Agreed. Obviously, the bet can go either way, but at 14-4 what they are betting is on is the extent of the massacre, and, to me, any match between a top pro and an amateur does not constitute top level pool.

That said, I respect anyone's right to be entertained by this kind of match.

Old
  (#35)
9BallKY
AzB Silver Member
9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute9BallKY has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 07:13 PM

I think one thing people forget is when a top pro is giving up a big spot is that the player getting a big spot obviously makes a lot more mistakes. When u make a mistake against Dennis playing one pocket and he runs 8 or 10 balls now your playing basically even. That’s not going to go well for most amateurs.

I’ve seen JRB play a little and he plays pretty decent should be a good match.

Old
  (#36)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:

I like almost all your posts, you are kinda outta line on this one. This guy is huge FAIR action! It doesn't take top top play to influence a crowd and I miss being in Vegas watching this guy in action.

In all honesty, outside of D.O. Chohan, Shane, Billy, and a few others, I dont want to see any of it. You take Jeremy Jones out of the commentating and these matches just suck. JRB is good action and entertaining.

Sorry, lost my train of thought. If you saw this bartender, you wouldn't even be able to post the nonsense I do.

Jason

Old
  (#37)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-11-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
I like almost all your posts, you are kinda outta line on this one. This guy is huge FAIR action! It doesn't take top top play to influence a crowd and I miss being in Vegas watching this guy in action.

In all honesty, outside of D.O. Chohan, Shane, Billy, and a few others, I dont want to see any of it. You take Jeremy Jones out of the commentating and these matches just suck. JRB is good action and entertaining.

Sorry, lost my train of thought. If you saw this bartender, you wouldn't even be able to post the nonsense I do.

Jason
In post 34 of this thread, I commented that I recognize that this match will be found to be entertaining by some, and that I was OK with that. We all have our own experiences, and I've watched good fair action like this at Derby City and didn't find it entertaining. Perhaps some others did. To each his own.

By the way, I like nearly all of your posts, too. You post with a good sense of the pro scene and the kind of enthusiasm for top level pool to which I can really relate.

Last edited by sjm; 09-11-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Old
  (#38)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

09-11-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
In post 34 of this thread, I commented that I recognize that this match will be found to be entertaining by some, and that I was OK with that. We all have our own experiences, and I've watched good fair action like this at Derby City and didn't find it entertaining. Perhaps some others did. To each is own.

By the way, I like nearly all of your posts, too. You post with a good sense of the pro scene and the kind of enthusiasm for top level pool to which I can really relate.
Have I told you I love you lately?

Old
  (#39)
jazznpool
Superior Cues--Unchalked!
jazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond reputejazznpool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6900

09-11-2019, 07:50 PM

I think Robert has a very slight edge in this game but that's just my opinion.

Old
  (#40)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Any score updates?

Old
  (#41)
westcoast
AzB Silver Member
westcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond reputewestcoast has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 08:10 PM

This JRB guy must be a decent player if he expects to win. It is a decent spot but with a player of Dennisí caliber I think most amateurs would need a better spot. I donít play one pocket, but I think a run of the mill amateur would need something like 18-3 and even then he might lose. The talent gap is so immense that you never get a real opportunity

Bartender
Old
  (#42)
djg576
AzB Gold Member
djg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond reputedjg576 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Bartender - 09-11-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post

Jason
Post no good without pics. Don't be a Deanoc.

Old
  (#43)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 08:25 PM

4-3 JRB up

Old
  (#44)
gxman
AzB Silver Member

09-11-2019, 08:26 PM

Hill hill.....

Old
  (#45)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

09-11-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gxman View Post
4-3 JRB up
Thank you...

Page 3 of 14 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: