Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Dennis O v JRB $100k middle
Page 5 of 14 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-11-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
Almost everybody won’t be involved when JRB gambles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHTyOK5ACo

But nobody needs to stfu, Jason.....we all know something nobody else knows
I still love you too! Just read my posts. Enjoy your weekend!

Old
  (#62)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-11-2019, 10:21 PM

What's the score ?

Old
  (#63)
PoolNoobie
AzB Bronze Member
PoolNoobie is on a distinguished road

09-11-2019, 10:24 PM

Dennis won. 6 games to 4

Old
  (#64)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 10:33 PM

Shit, I was hoping JRB was John Barton.

Just kidding.

In a race to five, this guy could prove to be dangerous if he plays recklessly.

He may just bust the pack open with a ramshot on his break and luck a ball in his corner.

I've seen some wild shit with these lopsided spots.

Especially, if the guy has lots of money and isn't afraid to lose it.

Old
  (#65)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

09-11-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
That's what I meant. I'd play DO that way in a heartbeat. I haven't played that many pros in One Pocket, but 14/4, 13/4?? Based upon my results against them, not being particularly in shape, and not particularly in stroke, I'd love my chances with proper prep.

Let's just say I'd feel more comfortable playing Orcollo 14/4, 13/4, than I would playing JRB even.

The money doesn't mean anything to JRB, so he'll be freewheeling. If I pop a quick 4 outta nowhere against Orcollo and move well, now he's got something to think about.

My high run against the One Pocket ghost (Diamond Pro/Am with funky red label rails) is 14. Nobody knows me from Adam, because I just don't PLAY enough. :-)
adam aint got a prayer

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#66)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 11:30 PM

50k ain't nothing to the second place player.
Dennis has to fade him, not the other way around.

JRB got the advantage here.

If he loses, he picks up advantage down the road. He cant lose.

I talk too much!

I was in the "he cant win crowd"
Old
  (#67)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!

ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

I was in the "he cant win crowd" - 09-11-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
If both of you looked I bet on JRB in the action room. I only asked for a small $100 bet to sweat it cause I thought it would be streamed and I could have a few beers and enjoy.

If they wanna run it back, I'll bet up to 1,000 on JRB possibly more.

Chirp if you wanna.

My last few posts were joking about JRB cause of the "he cant win crowd"

I didn't place the name and I'd still bet that the average poker player wouldn't have a chance taking those odds going to five with Dennis. This poker player had a much stronger pool background than most. I judged the poker player like the average bar room or home table player that thinks they are pretty good. Somebody like that would put zero pressure on Dennis and let him strut his stuff. Obviously, Bobby was good enough to make it interesting with fifty thou on the line.

I don't know the exact rules they played under and of course that could swing things a little one way or the other. For instance, how did a race to five go to six? If that score is right must have been either had to win by two or a best of ten, something a little different than a plain race to five.

With a score of 6-4, I would say the spot was about right.

Hu

Old
  (#68)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 11:43 PM

Well, when the bet gets right, there are two things that are consistent:

DO's game gets tighter

and

Roy seldom bets a loser

So yeah, the card player didn't stand a chance.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#69)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolNoobie View Post
Dennis won. 6 games to 4
Race to 6 for $50K ?
Congrats to Roy and DO.

Old
  (#70)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

09-11-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
I didn't place the name and I'd still bet that the average poker player wouldn't have a chance taking those odds going to five with Dennis. This poker player had a much stronger pool background than most. I judged the poker player like the average bar room or home table player that thinks they are pretty good. Somebody like that would put zero pressure on Dennis and let him strut his stuff. Obviously, Bobby was good enough to make it interesting with fifty thou on the line.

I don't know the exact rules they played under and of course that could swing things a little one way or the other. For instance, how did a race to five go to six? If that score is right must have been either had to win by two or a best of ten, something a little different than a plain race to five.

With a score of 6-4, I would say the spot was about right.

Hu
With a score of 6-4, I would say DO knew just when to make his move.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Old
  (#71)
gxman
AzB Silver Member
gxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond reputegxman has a reputation beyond repute

09-12-2019, 12:29 AM

Looks like Dennis was down 4-2 at one point.

Pressure was on big time for Dennis then.

Old
  (#72)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

09-12-2019, 12:29 AM

You "pool sleuths" make me laugh. A lot of talk with no betting action, all I hear is yip, yip, yip, like a pup with his head stuck under the covers. Bet something next time and you can graduate to yap, tap, yap.

Btw, all you yippers can bet on the next set if there is one. The only way your balls are gonna drop, is if you climb into the ring.
Jason<------not afraid of the after the set yippers

Old
  (#73)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

09-12-2019, 12:32 AM

Btw, didn't hear a peep when it was 4 -2

Old
  (#74)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

09-12-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlaus View Post
Btw, didn't hear a peep when it was 4 -2
Was the match streamed? I thought it was gonna be private.

I've watched both play before in very similar matches and although it wasn't DO's easiest match-up, it most certainly wasn't his hardest match by far.

I didn't get to see it but, it sounds like it went as expected.

BTW, who would bet on a match that can't be viewed? I know I wouldn't.

Are they gonna play another? If so, I hope they decide to stream it.

Jeff

Old
  (#75)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg

09-12-2019, 12:51 AM

You all shall be named BOB from now on - Bunch of B/+@#=$. It really should be bunch of non betting b/+@#=$. But I can live with BOBS. can you? Of course you can, you stand behind a screen and cheer once the action is over if it's in your favor. Pathetic if you ask me, but that's the "man" bun society we live in now. Dont worry 'fellas" there's Maxi Pads in the "mens" bathroom nowadays.

Page 5 of 14 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: