Reload this Page Sports Fan Question
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Sports Fan Question
Old
  (#1)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Sports Fan Question - 09-20-2019, 07:08 AM

How long until the WPBA has to deal with the political correctness issue that other sports are dealing with?

I mean the lines of "female" athletes are really starting to blur. At what point can born males who are not males (like the power lifter, MMA fighter, teenage track stars etc) be able to enter events (also gender fluid people too)?

I know some don't care for these thoughts but seeing double standards in Pro events makes me wonder...

Old
  (#2)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 08:10 AM

I've had some breaks at 9-ball where I had every right to identify as a non-male..

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
sjm
Sweating the 2017 Mosconi
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

09-20-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
How long until the WPBA has to deal with the political correctness issue that other sports are dealing with?

I mean the lines of "female" athletes are really starting to blur. At what point can born males who are not males (like the power lifter, MMA fighter, teenage track stars etc) be able to enter events (also gender fluid people too)?

I know some don't care for these thoughts but seeing double standards in Pro events makes me wonder...
Not sure how to interpret this. Are you saying you've seen double standards in pro pool or are you just speculating? If you have knowledge pertinent to how other sports deal with this issue if and when it arises, why do you choose not to share it?

Old
  (#4)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Rhea posted the standards the WPBA has.
I dont remember what they were exactly.

I agree that the sports you mentioned have some
egregious "players" that make it very unfair.

The beautiful thing about pool is that testosterone
doesnt play a huge role. Sure, there are many women
"pros" that would have no chance to win against
most "A" players. They just dont have the number
of players that men have. The very top of women
players have proven they can hang with elite men.

Old
  (#5)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-20-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I don't see anything in pool where a woman can't be as good as a man. So very few shots take more strength that an average woman can muster that it should be a non-issue.

Major thing is practice, will to play and learning the right way. If some guy that plays pool decides to play as a woman, then beats all the women, that just means the women he is playing against did not practice or learn as well, not because of sex. It's not like NBA vs WNBA where the women just can't physically compete in the NBA, women pool tournaments vs open tournaments are pretty much due to skill differences, nothing else. It's like any other tournament, if you have to play even with better players, many won't play. So you need to make space for those that are not as good with handicaps, usually it's done with game or ball spots, with women they do it by excluding the men. Anything else said about the division is just fluff or making excuses to not talk about the real reason.

It's not like most sports that take actual physical ability to do properly. It's more like shooting or chess, it's skill and practice not strength or muscles mass or size.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 09-20-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Old
  (#6)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:

I have a friend, she has been playing in tour events for a very long time, so apparently it isn't an issue.

Old
  (#7)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 11:05 AM

We're not doing this again are we?!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Old
  (#8)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 11:06 AM

It won't be an issues in the billiard world. Not enough money in it to change anything. College scholarships are almost non-existent.

Thus, the woman sports that feed the colleges, track & field, etc., are starting to feel the pinch. Woman are being denied state championships because they were up against dudes. So, folks that would at least finish 3rd are now 4th and 5th. They don't give medals for 4th place

Top colleges LOVE folks who win state championships. So, it appears, woman will be the losers in all of this and there is a movement speaking out against it now. It shall continue.

But pool, not so much. The larger lung capacity as well as the larger heart and body muscles of men does not have the same impact in pool as it does in a physical or endurance sport.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#9)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjm View Post
Not sure how to interpret this. Are you saying you've seen double standards in pro pool or are you just speculating? If you have knowledge pertinent to how other sports deal with this issue if and when it arises, why do you choose not to share it?
Hi Stew,

In another thread I mentioned about the dress codes for some events that as with at different work places, the code differs from the sexes.

Example: Collared shirts, Dress Pants. but in these events women in leggings and wearing a warm up jacket. Double Standard imo.

As for the WPBA thing, I am just wondering how it will be handled in the impending future. You see it in Power Lifting and other sports now. I know men who are high enough Fargorated to play in the upper WPBA ranking but aren't "Pro Players". If they wished to compete, now a days all it seems they need to do is declare Gender Fluid and I think they could push the envelope there (which I disagree with).

Old
  (#10)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
09-20-2019, 11:11 AM

I think you will find that in most 'equal opportunity' competitive environment, competitors may join an opposite Bender's competition when it raises her level of competition, not lowers his.

Quote:
Hi Stew,

In another thread I mentioned about the dress codes for some events that as with at different work places, the code differs from the sexes.

Example: Collared shirts, Dress Pants. but in these events women in leggings and wearing a warm up jacket. Double Standard imo.

As for the WPBA thing, I am just wondering how it will be handled in the impending future. You see it in Power Lifting and other sports now. I know men who are high enough Fargorated to play in the upper WPBA ranking but aren't "Pro Players". If they wished to compete, now a days all it seems they need to do is declare Gender Fluid and I think they could push the envelope there (which I disagree with).

Old
  (#11)
Pete
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 11:12 AM

For those who feel I am stirring the pot I apologues, this wasn't my thoughts. I just was curious (was out of the world from 2009 until 2019) what the take on it is now and if it's been an issue yet. Once again I apologize for any offense here.

Old
  (#12)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
I don't see anything in pool where a woman can't be as good as a man. So very few shots take more strength that an average woman can muster that it should be a non-issue.

Major thing is practice, will to play and learning the right way. If some guy that plays pool decides to play as a woman, then beats all the women, that just means the women he is playing against did not practice or learn as well, not because of sex. It's not like NBA vs WNBA where the women just can't physically compete in the NBA, women pool tournaments vs open tournaments are pretty much due to skill differences, nothing else. It's like any other tournament, if you have to play even with better players, many won't play. So you need to make space for those that are not as good with handicaps, usually it's done with game or ball spots, with women they do it by excluding the men. Anything else said about the division is just fluff or making excuses to not talk about the real reason.

It's not like most sports that take actual physical ability to do properly. It's more like shooting or chess, it's skill and practice not strength or muscles mass or size.
I agree with this. Someone will chime in with some "excellent" scientific study that will "prove" otherwise.

Old
  (#13)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

09-20-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
For those who feel I am stirring the pot I apologues, this wasn't my thoughts. I just was curious (was out of the world from 2009 until 2019) what the take on it is now and if it's been an issue yet. Once again I apologize for any offense here.
Its not an issue, like I said my home girl has been competing for 15 years and still currently does. I don't think the minor league female pool world cares.

Old
  (#14)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I wasn't offended. I just remember what this turned into the last time we had this discussion.

Woman are just a capable of training and using the same skills as men that are necessary to play world class pool.

Old
  (#15)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

09-20-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhino41 View Post
I wasn't offended. I just remember what this turned into the last time we had this discussion.

Woman are just a capable of training and using the same skills as men that are necessary to play world class pool.

He's not talking Billy Vs. Bobby, he is referring to and asking about transgender players.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: