how do you test table before match with limited time

northshoremb

Registered
What i want to know is if you had 15 minutes to familiarize yourself on a table before a match what do you do? Im going to a VNEA provincial tourney in 3 weeks and from last year we had about 15 minutes practice before we started the match. Just want to know how some of you test the trueness of the rails and table before a match. Do you test out soft, medium, hard kick angles are true? 2 rail diamond system being long or short? Run cueball down rail point to point incase need soft safety??

Just would like to see what everyone thinks is most important and what they do with limited practice time

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Wow not a single one of you warms up prior to a tourney match and can give their inside on testing the table?

Hit a couple banks and test the rails...
Use 2 balls to check size of pockets...
Send CB up & down table for speed...

Take a leak. Wash hands. Play pool.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
I hit a slow roller corner to corner and try to leave the cue ball in the jaws each way. This will show both speed and roll off
Then I want to know where the benchmark 3 railer first diamond is from at least one corner...check all four if I have time. That's all I need to know to figure out most tables.
I wish you luck at the tournament! Matt D.

northshoremb

Registered
Thanks i will do that. Just started learning the diamonds this year for 2 banks plus parallel shifts so will look up 3 bank benchmark. Also i never even thought about checking width of pockets.....THANKS GUYS

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Google Sharivari billiards 3 rail kick shot video. Tor Lowry, Manning cues, Tom Rossman, and many others have good videos also specifically for this diamond system. I think Sharivara video does a great job and shows where the 1st and 3rd diamond take you, as well as how to adjust if cueball isn't directly on the benchmark line. I I R C. Good luck...this shot WILL come up.