My experience with Scott Lee

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long time lurker here finally pulled the trigger on some professional instruction, and after much hesitation about cost I finally decided to reach out to Scott Lee.

It took some time to meet face to face between Scott's travels and my work schedule. However, Monday of this week I had my lesson. Scott came to my home agreeing to start at 9am for an 8 hour lesson . It wasn't much after 9am when I was already going through his assessment, the only delay was maybe 10 minutes of him setting up his recording equipment which is to be expected.

I spent maybe 15 minutes shooting a series of 7 basic skills shots and after 45 minutes analyzing each one in a very meticulous manner. I was aware of some of my own flaws right away and more that I was not so aware of brought to my attention by Scott's expertise.

After careful planning and discussion options I had a game plan in my hands fully explained and built with a handful of my own choices bases on personal preferences and Scott's recommendations for my specific needs.

The last portion of the lesson was spent putting this plan to work step by step so I knew exactly how it worked. Scott even stayed well past our agreed upon stopping time at no additional charge to ensure everything was covered properly. Even skipped lunch all together to have more table time and aside from the intermittent phone call (he is a busy man afterall but everything was very brief and he more than made up for any lost time) and bathroom breaks we worked from 9am until a little after 6 in the evening. After packing his equipment I helped him to his car and he went on his way at about 20 minutes to 7pm that evening making sure I had copies of everything including video of the full duration of our lesson.

I've practiced daily since then and I will admit on day one I felt incredibly awkward and everything seemed as if I was shooting with someone else's body. After my session tonight I feel comfortable again although I'm still consciously thinking about what I'm doing before I do it with my newly developed stroke, things i feel and notice are improving.

Scott was a pleasure to have in my home and I would gladly have him back any time as a guest and again in the future for another lesson. There are cheaper instructors out there but for me convenience was king here and I got great quality with it. Could not be more satisfied with my experience and if you're on the fence like I was about if it's worth it or not, take the plunge you can make more money but you can't unwaste practice time.