Vegan Tip Option

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what White Diamond tips are made of exactly, but if they're purely synthetic, then they'd be probably the best option. Otherwise it's phenolic, probably.

The Lexan/polycarbonate tip is considerably softer, spongier, easier to shape, and holds chalk better than my phenolic tip. As I said, it plays essentially identical to my very hard milk-dud.

vegans dont eat animal products but they touch them. so a tip that is vegan is a total joke. do you think a vegan wont sit on a leather chair or car seat. or wear wool.

I don't know much about vegan philosophy, but this particular vegan requested it. I put this up as a possible solution for anybody searching this same topic in the future. She has been playing with a leather tip, but said that she'd prefer not to if there were decent alternatives.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That whole vegan thing has always made me curious. Would you ask her if there is such a thing as an Electric English Cucumber?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve played with synthetic tips, they were never very good.

Vegans really need to get over it. Jus’ sayin

Fatboy

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My pool buddy and his wife are closet vegans. When he first told me he did so in private and asked me not to share with our other pool friends for fear of being criticized. Knowing i hunt and fish and also live in Kentucky he assumed i wouldn't understand or even know what a actual vegan was, but i did. He even told me they were thinking about moving from here to a more progressive state where people wouldn't ostracize them as much.
I thought some of the senior members on here making the critical posts were better than that....

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I thought some of the senior members on here making the critical posts were better than that.

Of course there are exceptions, but in part, vegans reap what they sow (pun intended).

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Lexan/polycarbonate tip is considerably softer, spongier, easier to shape, and holds chalk better than my phenolic tip. As I said, it plays essentially identical to my very hard milk-dud.

I don't know much about vegan philosophy, but this particular vegan requested it. I put this up as a possible solution for anybody searching this same topic in the future. She has been playing with a leather tip, but said that she'd prefer not to if there were decent alternatives.

Look at it this way, the tip was already made. If someone does not buy it, it will go in the trash, thus wasting the skin from the animal. So what is better, using something from an animal or wasting it? I would think some pressed fabric wold be better than any plastic, or maybe some hard rubber.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I roughed in the shape with a belt sander and finished it with a regular shaper. Inspected it afterwards and saw no mushrooming/deforming, but I don't think I played many shots on the violent end of the spectrum. Think I'm going to use it full time until it has time to show any downsides. Will post pics after 100 hours or so.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
And make vegans stop eating vegetables....does water have feelings?

Someone somewhere once told me about an experiment where an Asian scientist or some such did these tests with water. He wrote words on labels and placed them on cups of water and then examined the water under a microscope and the ..... in the water looked different depending on what words were written, negative or positive type stuff.

It sounded cool and I’m sure I missed or misunderstood many things but there you go. Scientific proof that water has feelings.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey..neat
further the definition of what it means to be a cue tip
I've thought about a vegan tip myself
if it plays well, I'm all for having options
a paper tip came with my most recent spear
it actually played fine for a little while
but once the tip expanded due to repeated impact
there was no burnishing that blowout
and back to buffalo hide I went

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Someone somewhere once told me about an experiment where an Asian scientist or some such did these tests with water. He wrote words on labels and placed them on cups of water and then examined the water under a microscope and the ..... in the water looked different depending on what words were written, negative or positive type stuff.

It sounded cool and I’m sure I missed or misunderstood many things but there you go. Scientific proof that water has feelings.

Reverse feedback?...ones feelings can affect perception