Problems after playing for a while

dkknight93

Registered
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone's ever had the problem of getting really itchy after a couple hours of pool and a good solution to that. Sometimes after playing a couple/few hours of pool, my whole body (legs, arms, torso, head) gets really itchy and it generally goes downhill from there cause I can't focus. This only started happening maybe 5 months ago on and off and it happens regardless of what pool hall I go to.

Thanks!

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Itchy? Never had that problem before. Maybe you're allergic to something around the table... chalk maybe? Or do you tend to sweat a lot when you play?
I can't think of anything else that would cause itchiness...

octy81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get that way when I'm about to compete, it's nerves then again I'm also diabetic and it can be a number of things from how hot it is in the room to not eating or snacking during play . It feels like pins and needles and sometimes it can last for along time . You might want to get a check up could also be due to stress or high blood pressure.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

Im 38 and played pool since I was 12 and never heard of this. Only problem I've had is my front standing knee start hurting after hours of play. But that's from years of kicking carpet in.

Niteman

Registered
I had an issue kinda like this but it was due to sweat and my wife changing our laundry detergent without telling me . Took me a few weeks to figure out I was allergic to something in the new one.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone's ever had the problem of getting really itchy after a couple hours of pool and a good solution to that. Sometimes after playing a couple/few hours of pool, my whole body (legs, arms, torso, head) gets really itchy and it generally goes downhill from there cause I can't focus. This only started happening maybe 5 months ago on and off and it happens regardless of what pool hall I go to.

Thanks!
This may sound silly, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

Have you changed soaps, shampoos, lotions, anything lately when it comes to personal hygiene? What about your bedding, towels, clothes in the wash? That includes towels you dry with, wash clothes you wash off with and the clothes you wear. Along with bedding. Meaning have you changed detergents? Any medications or changes?

I am trying to rule out anything that may be causing this. I was having issues several years ago, with itching and red skin. Turns out the detergent I switched to wasn't working for MY body. Tide seems to work best for me and I have similar issues with drying skin with certain soaps too.

I figured this information may be worth hashing over. For some people none of this matters. Well, I am not some people. I hope you solve it.

tjshaw02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Itchy? Never had that problem before. Maybe you're allergic to something around the table... chalk maybe? Or do you tend to sweat a lot when you play?
I can't think of anything else that would cause itchiness...

Did you switch laundry detergent 5 months ago, serious question, a small allergy to that added with a bit of persperation would do that to you.

spoken from experience...

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I get that way when I'm about to compete, it's nerves then again I'm also diabetic and it can be a number of things from how hot it is in the room to not eating or snacking during play . It feels like pins and needles and sometimes it can last for along time . You might want to get a check up could also be due to stress or high blood pressure.

Also diabetic...foot neuropathy...like lots of tiny pin *****s happening in my feet. Might as well quit playing when that happens.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Try some of this. If it doesn't work, use what I use for chapped lips. Chicken shit. It doesn't heal anything, but it damn sure keeps you from licking your lips. :smile:

Attachments

• 900703-front_5_1.jpg
    900703-front_5_1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 116