Chinese import 9ft american tables - What company?

9-ball-fever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Can any people here recommend a good Chinese billiard table company that manufactures good quality 9ft american tables?

I'm looking at setting up a pool hall here in Australia and sadly the import and costs for Brunswick or diamond tables are way to expensive - so i'm looking at good quality Chinese tables.

Can anyone please recommend a reputable table manufacturing company in China and there contact details and any useful information, costs, advice?

TIA! :)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Can any people here recommend a good Chinese billiard table company that manufactures good quality 9ft american tables?

I'm looking at setting up a pool hall here in Australia and sadly the import and costs for Brunswick or diamond tables are way to expensive - so i'm looking at good quality Chinese tables.

Can anyone please recommend a reputable table manufacturing company in China and there contact details and any useful information, costs, advice?

TIA! :)

The Brunswick Metro is manufactured in China and the wholesale cost is around $1,000. If you can track down the factory where they are made you can get all you want. :thumbup:
They's sold a ton of them to dealers in the Philippines.

9-ball-fever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jay!

Thanks for your message. Thats very interesting!

So the quality is quite good then?
You don't happen to have any contact info for this company do you? :p

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
There's a company in Indonesia that sells non Brunswick metro

He said to the us it was 1300 with shipping

Soon as I have a place for one I'll pull the trigger

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM Club Billiards on here. He's installed/repaired/moved a bunch of Chinese made tables for customers and can give you some input on their quality. The majority are junk.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Junk pool tables...what is 'junk'...?

PM Club Billiards on here. He's installed/repaired/moved a bunch of Chinese made tables for customers and can give you some input on their quality. The majority are junk.
Could it be that maybe the time has come for pool tables (unless someone wants a fancy piece of furniture for their home) to step into the marketing practices of watches and other selected items?
Buy the thing, and after 4-5 years if it is shot...throw it away and get a new one...?
If the table has slate and is reasonably supported, that's a pretty good start.
All that has to be done after that, is to have the pockets shimmed up very tight in order to make drills difficult for good training, and to have a quality cloth put on it when installed. Use heated wax at the seams and ditch the old fashioned plaster concept. Most installers can do all that very easily.
I've watched some of the best installers in the world.
If it is not a case of a beautiful piece of work like Mark Gregory produces, it simply isn't all that hard to do..........assuming all the owner is looking for is a training ground for drills and more drills in preparing for tournaments or competition away from home.
The last thing I'd want anyone to know about is that I have a pool table at home for personal training.
Just some thoughts....nothing more.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a company in Indonesia that sells non Brunswick metro
He said to the us it was 1300 with shipping
Soon as I have a place for one I'll pull the trigger
I'd take a swing at it for 1300.
If it turns out to be a bummer, should be very easy to unload locally around Christmas time when people are buying home tables left and right. Couldn't lose too much money at that opening price.
The world changes.....the game of pool will change also. Economic conditions will FORCE it into change.....even kicking and screaming.
Keep on truckin'
:thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yalin tables are actually very well built. Go to Taiwan, mainland China, Indonesia etc and buy a Gold Crown. Guess who makes it? Yalin. Brunswick hasn't produced an entire table stateside in YEARS. Sub-assemblies are brought to Bristol, WI where they're put together. A friend of mine bought a new GC3 and most of it was marked "Made in Brazil". Biggest pos ever made. He kept it two yrs, sold it and got a used AMF GranPrix. That GP is built like a tank and plays great.

9-ball-fever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi gents,

Thanks for the replies!

As i'm looking at buying these tables to set up a pool room, 16-20 9ft American tables, I must be sure that the quality of tables I am getting is good. Obviously I will be outlaying a decent chunk of cash!

Yalin looks pretty good! Is there anyone else that could comment of the quality of the Yalin tables?

So Yalin is the main manufacturer of American billiard tables in China?

I really do appreciate any advice and information.
Cheers!

9-ball-fever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried to contact Yalin via email and message on there site (which doesn't appear to be working).
Play the waiting game a little more!

Does anyone else here have any comments about Yalin? As I said previously, outlaying a decent amount of cash, I want to make sure the quality from Yalin is good.

Any information or advice I will greatly appreciate!

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Did you PM Club Billiards for their input?

I would do a lot of research and discussion with people who really know Pool Tables before investing in even one table. Foreign or Domestic.

I am also planning on using Foreign made tables for a room in the Philipines.
I might consider local made but only after inspecting the rails and maybe even sending one rail to Mark Gregory for his approval before buying 20 tables.

You should ask the Table Mechanics Section or Room Owners Section if they have ever worked/owned a Clone of a GC or a Diamond.

What you see is not what you get.
What you can't see is what will ruin you.

A Pool Table is....
First: The Rails. Design, Size, Thickness, Type of hold down bolting.
Second: The Main Frame. Heavy, Kiln Dried, Planed Level.
Third: The Slate. Evenness, Durability, Holes drilled in correct places.
All the rest that you normally see is window dressing.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Ailex is the brand I found in Taiwan

750 for 9ft w ball return
600 international shipping

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Ailex is the brand I found in Taiwan
750 for 9ft w ball return
600 international shipping
That's Aileex.
Is this a GC Clone? Which one III, IV, V, VI?
Do you have a link, please?
How is the reputation of the table?
Is there a pool room where I can play on one?
I appreciate the help beneath_the_surf.

Looks are not everything.
Hell, look at me!

Attachments

• IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Shut up you.